Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,772,132 times

Advertisements

"Shaming language" as told by the person on yahoo answers is more commonly known by the term "false accusation."

...why is it that so many men who rail against feminism come across as whiney crybabies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,383,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
"Shaming language" as told by the person on yahoo answers is more commonly known by the term "false accusation."

...why is it that so many men who rail against feminism come across as whiney crybabies?
Because they are. They are admittedly losers, and sad that average women don't want to give them, below average guys, a chance.

It's just a coping mechanism.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Because they are. They are admittedly losers, and sad that average women don't want to give them, below average guys, a chance.

It's just a coping mechanism.
Yeah, I always kind of smirk to myself when I meet a guy who starts blaming feminism, the modern world, human rights, the ACLU, minorities, the eroding fabric of American society, etc. for their romantic failings.

It's like, hm, have you noticed how many women around you have boyfriends/fiances/husbands? Not all of them are "jerks" or "bad boys." According to the 2000 census, there are 143.4 million women in the US, and there are 138.1 million males. Not all of those people are of dating/marrying age, but the numbers are still tipped in the favor of women no matter how you look at it, and with one hundred and forty-three point four god-damned women in America there is absolutely a woman out there for you, you just are going about finding her in the wrong way!

I'm single right now because I have too much to focus on in my personal life to achieve my goals. I work super-long shifts, I hit the gym a lot, I am working on my art and my writing, I really do not want to be encumbered at the moment, but I dated successfully all through my early 20's and only decided to stay single earlier this year. And you know what? I'm shy as all hell in person! I'm a nerd! I'm a geek who's built like an M1A1 tank, and wears expensive suits, but I'm not into XTREME sports or jetsetting or gambling or any of those pimp-ass, high-roller player type things that a lot of guys sell themselves short assuming that women want.

No, I have an aquarium, and it has bumblebee gobies, an African ghost knife, flounders, and dwarf puffers in it. I have a parrot. I am way too into my car, and cars in general. I'm a music buff. But I have dated all up and down the ladder, from 18 to 35, welfare recipients to millionaire heiresses, and man, have I had a great time.

I chalk it up to actually talking to women in the first place. I don't have a game plan or use pickup tactics or lines (which I think are for losers), no, I just interact with them and feel the situation out, and trust my instincts. I've been turned down at least as many times as I've been successful.

If you're crying your eyes out about how all the women you meet are too fat, or too immoral, or too independent, or not smart enough, or this or that or the other, you are probably doing it wrong. The only common line between you and all your failed romantic pursuits is you. Even if you go exclusively for, say, half-black/half-Asian bisexual Christian girls with no tattoos but multiple ear piercings with below a 34B bustline but hips no less than 40 inches around who drive Toyotas and were born in the Capricorn cycle... for dating purposes the only thing that any of the girls fitting that description you've failed to win a chance with or have a successful relationship with, who have never met eachother and don't necessarily have anything to do with one another, have in common is the fact that you failed to win a chance or have a successful relationship with them.

Dudes:

Quit wangsting over your failures, your mistakes, your inability to attract or maintain your ideal mate, and stop blaming the female gender - who make up the majority of the world's population and are all individuals with their own personalities - for what ultimately is your mishandling of your goals.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:47 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,126,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Good advice used to be so expensive. Now it's free!
Yea, everybody should get divorced, go on the internet and b*tch; join the woman-haters club, and be just like you. Great plan.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, everybody should get divorced, go on the internet and b*tch; join the woman-haters club, and be just like you. Great plan.
That's what all the cool kids are doing these days, it seems

You know what I love about the woman-haters club? There are a lot of guys in there, and no women. It means that my chances go up.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:58 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,126,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
That's what all the cool kids are doing these days, it seems

You know what I love about the woman-haters club? There are a lot of guys in there, and no women. It means that my chances go up.
lol, positive thinking!

Btw, I keep fish, too. I used to have several tanks with a range of tropicals. I'm down to one 35g with two angels. I have a 20g set up ready to be cycled, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,623,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dating in 2010 to me has become more of a joke, it is really hard to take people seriously What I found lately is the type of woman who is totally trashy, has no class, lots of tattoos, will go for anything u tell them, no morals or values whatsoever

The other type I have met is the typical early 20's blonde, dumb as a rock, she dresses exactly like other 10000 women out there, fake tan, they all sound the same, say the same things, personality: non-existant

Then you find the business one, workaholic, lives for material things and concerned about impressing others, her entire life amounts to nothing but a lie, very materialistic, everything they say is almost rehearsed, you can never tell if they mean what they say or if they don't.

Dating in 2010 sucks
Don't be such a *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships