Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Pranks that can hurt are bad. Yet fun ones, and ones that even make the one was prank laugh.
Ex: shaking a soda...then giving it to someone. "mind you this was at a picnic ".
Taking the bottom off the salt-shaker. Next one uses it...is like "What the hell?"
And the moving the car thing....yeah did it. Did this in my teens though. It's fun to watch your friend walk around in the parking lot.
The shaving cream on a sleeping person and making them itch their nose. Too funny.
Scaring the crap out of your brother with a scary Halloween costume, when you were little. Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Pranks that can hurt are bad. Yet fun ones, and ones that even make the one was prank laugh.
Ex: shaking a soda...then giving it to someone. "mind you this was at a picnic ".
Taking the bottom off the salt-shaker. Next one uses it...is like "What the hell?"
And the moving the car thing....yeah did it. Did this in my teens though. It's fun to watch your friend walk around in the parking lot.
The shaving cream on a sleeping person and making them itch their nose. Too funny.
Scaring the crap out of your brother with a scary Halloween costume, when you were little. Priceless.
Taking a Stanley utility knife and cutting a very tiny slit/hole in a pop can is a classic as well. When you take a drink it dribbles down your shirt! I think the guys at work got me with that one 50 times or more over the years!LOL........

Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle View Post
I have no patience for this kind of thing. Very childish and dangerous. If he's stupid enough to do something like that, he probably would have done something stupid preceding it, but more insignificant. This event would be the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point, I would just KNOW that he's a freaking idiot and it's time to call it quits.

I doubt something like this would just randomly happen in an otherwise compatible relationship. An idiot can't hide that they're an idiot. So I do not think that love could survive this.
Yeah, I just don't think I would be with this kind of person in the first place, I just don't think we would have ever "clicked."

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I think its safe to say she never attended a Culinary School.
This made me laugh for some reason. And I had never heard of this "infamous buttered floor" prank.

Another beside-the-point afterthought, but I hope the prankster cleaned the stupid butter off the floor afterward.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
For me, I'd have to seriously wonder about someone who thought it would be funny to make, of all things, a BATHROOM FLOOR, slippery. There is no way that this would have ended well.

I don't mind pranks generally. Actually, I've been known to pull a couple myself. But, NEVER would I do something as stupid/callous/moronic as making a bathroom floor slippery. How could that ever end well, with tile floors, porcelain sinks and toilets, and NOTHING to break your fall?

Even if I wasn't seriously injured, I would have to question the make up of someone who would think that this would be funny. So, yeah, I'm not quite sure that my relationship could survive something like this.
This. I don't think that kind of stupid prank happened out of the blue. They must do that to one another all the time.

I fell on our honeymoon, getting out of the shower. I busted my chin open and still have the scar. I would be really ticked if someone did that to me on purpose.

We're not big prank-pullers. I am a jumpy person, though--I'm easy to startle when I am focused on something or not paying attention. I was brushing my teeth once and suddenly noticed my husband had snuck into the bedroom and was leering at me right outside the door. I spit toothpaste down the front of myself. We still laugh about that.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

I stopped reading here: Both of these are VERY dangerous.

Soda Can--Me and my friend B.A. were having a picinic in an apple orchard. He loves apple orchards...and we sang English songs of merriment; mostly about how we defeated William Wallace and Guy Fawkes. OK anyway we were enjoying tender moments, when I handed him a DR. Pepper...I shook it. He opened it up and the liquid shot right for his left eye like it had eyes. I don't know which one of the 23 herbs and spices hurt him...but now he can't see out of his right eye.

Salt Shaker--Me and my friends Bo and Luke were settling in at a Memphis BBQ joint. Our Uncle Jesse was going to join us. Anyway we thought it would be a joke to do the ol' salt shaker thing to him. Well, he falled for....little did we know he had critically high blood pressure. He died right there. Sheriff Rosco threw ol' Bo and Luke in jail, and I had to replace their friendship with their cousins; Coy and Vance.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I simply don't get this sort of pranks and what exactly people find funny about them...
Amen. If my guy did this to me, he'd be history. It doesn't matter if he didn't intend for me to get hurt. Something like this has the potential for severe injury or worse. It is a stupid, careless and wreckless thing to do to a person.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I cut your brake lines, honey! Haha! Wasn't that a hoot? You should have seen your face!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

An ex-boyfriend of mine once scared me by getting down on the floor and yelling and "charging" me when I came out of the shower in my towel. For a split second, I actually thought someone had broken into our apartment and was going to attack/kill me. Yeah, that was a laugh riot.
An ex of mine "surprised" me after work one time by sneaking up behind me and giving me a big bear hug in the parking lot. I scratched up his arm before I realized it was him, and he learned that surprising a woman alone in a parking lot isn't the best idea.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
If my spouse pulled a prank that in any way risked my safety I would either assume it was a passive aggressive act (and therefore he had unresolved anger issues towards me) or he was a total idiot (therefore I had made a mistake in choosing a partner) and I would need to dissolve our partnership based on either of those 2 criteria.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Default Could your love survive a prank gone wrong??

I am not a prankster and neither is my boyfriend. And I wouldn't date anyone that was a prankster or was into "jack@ass" style stupidity.

I'm very pro having and using commonsense, and buttering a bathroom floor shows an astounding lack of it, and a real disregard for my well being. If my boyfriend tried that prank with me, I'd be out of that relationship with a quickness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships