Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times

Advertisements

Wow until this thread I guess I think like a man too. I am not big on heavy sweet talk. From what you have said, I think she is into you. If she is a good mother having you meet her son for the first time was a big step. It obviously went well because she felt she could move closer to you. Going hollywood, sending flowers is a big no at this point. I don't think she is the type that would like that. I also would not see other women while she is gone because that means you got what you wanted and now on to new conquests. Having male friends is not a big deal because once a woman puts a man in the "friend department" they usually stay there. I would keep in contact with her while she is gone. Send her texts like, "Hope you are having a good time. Looking forward to when you return" or mention that time you spent together was so fun. You keep thinking about how nice it was to giggle and talk (no sex talk, women do hate that and kudos for knowing that). You sound like you got a good head on your shoulders. Women do like to be pursued somewhat so I think not talking to her for a long time would be a mistake. Women start imagining things pretty quickly. Like wow...he hasnt called me once. What is he doing? Maybe the sex was bad. We are complicated creatures and I dont envy you but from the things you have mentioned, she is into you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCat View Post
Yeah, she already told me she's not into flowers so I definitely won't be doing that, plus I think it is too early. And yeah, I realize she's acting like a man. I've done it myself a number of times, ha ha. However, it didn't always mean I didn't like the person I just wasn't sure I was ready to focus on only her. Probably the biggest red flag for this whole thing to me is if she was into me I feel she would make me know for sure by now. While I don't think she is sleeping with anyone else I do think she is probably keeping her options open.

I'm not into flowers either but my husband gave me a dozen red roses on our first date and I found it very romantic. Most normal women would.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM

57 posts, read 87,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I'm not into flowers either but my husband gave me a dozen red roses on our first date and I found it very romantic. Most normal women would.
I guess I'm not normal because flowers annoy me. I don't know what to do with them. How long do I have to keep them before I can throw them in the trash? I also don't like being pursued. I prefer it if the guy just stands there and lets me decide the pace. And don't say a whole bunch of sweet things to me, either. I hate that. I'll figure it out if a guy is attracted to me. I need a lot of time to work into a relationship and I don't like the pressure of him breathing down my neck while I'm considering the possibilities. It's too clingy and desperate feeling. Be a man for goodness sake.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:09 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCat View Post
Yeah, she already told me she's not into flowers so I definitely won't be doing that, plus I think it is too early. And yeah, I realize she's acting like a man. I've done it myself a number of times, ha ha. However, it didn't always mean I didn't like the person I just wasn't sure I was ready to focus on only her. Probably the biggest red flag for this whole thing to me is if she was into me I feel she would make me know for sure by now. While I don't think she is sleeping with anyone else I do think she is probably keeping her options open.
I don't understand this one... you've slept with her, met her child, but its too early to send flowers?

At the risk of sounding mean...you sound really needy. And definately over-thinking all of this.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
give her space.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I say play it cool... But, I would let her know I'll be around in u need anything. Then the ball is in her court. Good luck

Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 AM

234 posts, read 499,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
I don't understand this one... you've slept with her, met her child, but its too early to send flowers?

At the risk of sounding mean...you sound really needy. And definately over-thinking all of this.

Well you're right I probably did come off as a little needy at times and I probably am overthinking things, BUT from the beginning I was excited about her and had a comfort level I don't normally have with women I date because we knew each other for months before we started going out. Right or wrong I thought I could let go with her a little more about my feelings, etc and because I just wanted to relax and be myself and not worry about whether I was doing things "right" or not. Yeah I ended up falling for her and making some mistakes, so sue me!!! I think I already mentioned this, but she told me she DOES NOT LIKE getting flowers!!! Why would I send them if she told me that?!?!?

Anyways, I called tonight and told her I hope she has a great time and if she wants to reconnect to give me a call when she returns and that was it. I'm going to let her come back to me if she wants....if not I'll learn from this and move on. Thanks again everyone

Old 07-22-2010, 04:41 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,623 times
It's funny how everything can be fine, no matter what age. Then you mix sex into the mess of relationship ingredients and the recipe could be disaster. Best bet is to next time not have sex at all. You can always plan sex in the future and talk about it openly before doing it, but you can never take back the sex or get a "do-over"

Old 07-22-2010, 08:26 AM

245 posts, read 586,062 times
You're both adults,OP...sit down w/ her and tell her how you feel.
If she feels the same way...cool.
If not..then she moves on and so should you.

It's a simple situation...don't complicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships