Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 02:35 PM

144 posts, read 120,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What a coincidence - so did I! On the bright side, I'm off next week! Everybody eat your hearts out!
That's trouble...

Quote:
As far as you, Michael, you can eat your Santa's red nose!
I knew you would see that.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:36 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
I do! Particularly when the rest of the crowd who are 2 or 3 hours ahead of me leave for their happy hours and I continue rotting here!
Either that or they're off having some Me-Time.

Have fun on your time off.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Either that or they're off having some Me-Time.
How do they dare?! Somebody has to entertain ME!

Quote:
Have fun on your time off.
Thanks. I'm planning on accomplishing a few things, but we'll see how it goes... Depends on whether the muse visits me or not. Trying staycation for the first time in my life since being a housewife for a few years, but even then I was going to school most of the time.

If nothing else, there will be probably a lot of staying up late, and sleeping in, and taking naps on a whim, and my internal clock will get out of whack. Could be nice... Well, being out of the office is good enough.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:49 PM

144 posts, read 120,927 times
Quote:

If nothing else, there will be probably a lot of staying up late, and sleeping in, and taking naps on a whim, and my internal clock will get out of whack. Could be nice... Well, being out of the office is good enough.
Whoah!! Easy there, Sleepless in Tucson!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
How do they dare?! Somebody has to entertain ME!
I'd like to say that I'll entertain you, but given the context that's not such a good idea.
Quote:

Thanks. I'm planning on accomplishing a few things, but we'll see how it goes... Depends on whether the muse visits me or not. Trying staycation for the first time in my life since being a housewife for a few years, but even then I was going to school most of the time.

Sounds good. Sometimes vacations are exhausting, (at least the ones I've been on since the kids). I'm sure time to yourself to recharge your batteries and get organized will be very rewarding. Sleeping in late, I don't remember what that's like.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Sometimes vacations are exhausting, (at least the ones I've been on since the kids).
They can be... I never used to want to "waste" vacation time at home, but after going to the beach for a few days and the mountains for a few days, I just don't feel like packing and flying now... There are also some large purchases needed. I now get 3 weeks a year and since I don't have any family, some of it will be probably spent resting from now on. Put 1,000 miles on the car over Labor day and don’t feel like even driving.

Of course, if a knight on a white horse wants to plan everything and whisk me to Paris in first class, I may reconsider.

Funny thing is the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque (which looks pretty cute) is on exactly next week and it's a short skip and hop, but nah... It's such a boring drive! That’s probably another sign of getting older… Read somewhere that older people rest and nap more because they prepare themselves for the eternal rest. Now how cheerful did that turn out to be on a Friday afternoon?!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
They can be... I never used to want to "waste" vacation time at home, but after going to the beach for a few days and the mountains for a few days, I just don't feel like packing and flying now... There are also some large purchases needed. I now get 3 weeks a year and since I don't have any family, some of it will be probably spent resting from now on. Put 1,000 miles on the car over Labor day and don’t feel like even driving.
I love driving, especially by myself. Sometimes I just look for reasons to go somewhere, never really far because I have to come back, but it's the only time I have to relax, listen to music and not be actively doing something.

Quote:

Of course, if a knight on a white horse wants to plan everything and whisk me to Paris in first class, I may reconsider.
Do they have those out in Arizona? You never know, though, where and when he'll show up.

Quote:
Funny thing is the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque (which looks pretty cute) is on exactly next week and it's a short skip and hop, but nah... It's such a boring drive! That’s probably another sign of getting older… Read somewhere that older people rest and nap more because they prepare themselves for the eternal rest. Now how cheerful did that turn out to be on a Friday afternoon?!
Stop, I'm older than you and I haven't had a chance to prepare

Old 10-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Do they have those out in Arizona?
I'd watched movies full of these hot, lean, and muscular Indians and since there are plenty of them in AZ, I was expecting to see them when I moved here. Instead I saw some pretty well-fed sellers of fry bread...

Quote:
Stop, I'm older than you and I haven't had a chance to prepare
Then you should start, dear!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'd watched movies full of these hot, lean, and muscular Indians and since there are plenty of them in AZ, I was expecting to see them when I moved here. Instead I saw some pretty well-fed sellers of fry bread...
Sounds like you found the wrong type of Indian.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you found the wrong type of Indian.
Seriously, are there any hot Indians like this anywhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships