Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I like the fry bread. They fry it and then add sugar at the top. At least that's how my mom makes them. We have a name for them in spanish, but I forgot. I'll ask my mom later.
My Mom used to make goodies like this, too. That's why I'm so fond of it. Here it's sold with different toppings: powdered sugar, honey, beans, and other weird stuff I don't remember as I eat it only with sugar or honey.

It's quite similar to the famous beignets in New Orleans. My Mom's were way better, though. She could've made a fortune there! Cost Plus sells the same mix as in NOLA, but I've never tried it.

http://www.rachelleb.com/images/2006...e_beignets.jpg

Old 10-02-2010, 06:44 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
My Mom used to make goodies like this, too. That's why I'm so fond of it. Here it's sold with different toppings: powdered sugar, honey, beans, and other weird stuff I don't remember as I eat it only with sugar or honey.

It's quite similar to the famous beignets in New Orleans. My Mom's were way better, though. She could've made a fortune there! Cost Plus sells the same mix as in NOLA, but I've never tried it.

Man what a carb bomb, I think my blood sugar just shot up looking at that pic.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:

They look delicious, send some over here if they come out good.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Default really worried over my finances

and about my future in general, i woke up this AM here in NY to the weather noticeably colder than it has been

i had some cereal, coffee, then biked up to the post office because i had to make out a money order. it was still warm enough to bike in shorts and the weather was SOOOOOO nice i just forgot all my worries for the entire day and i expect tomorrow and hopefully the rest of the week will be the same

a simple bike ride in beautiful weather did it!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
They look delicious, send some over here if they come out good.
I try to refrain from buying such stuff because I love it! I'd only have doughnuts if they show up in the office.

Check Cost Plus if you want to try them. That's what it's called - Beignet Mix. I don't know if it's any good, though.

http://www.thecosmeticmarket.com/images/P/L-beignet-mix.jpg (broken link)

http://www.thecosmeticmarket.com/images/P/L-beignet-mix.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-02-2010, 06:53 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:

Oh my gosh, I wish I you had been able to share your mother with me!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh my gosh, I wish I you had been able to share your mother with me!
He-he, I figured you'd show up when you hear about the beignets.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
He-he, I figured you'd show up when you hear about the beignets.
Heck yeah! They are beautiful! After 2 birthday parties and all that cake I thought I was full but I think I could manage to find space for one of those!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:17 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Yesterday I donated to a charity, volunteered for another charity, and cleaned the house while listening to Spanish guitar music.

Today I bought some cute clothes online at great reduced prices, and now I'm doing some VERY early Christmas shopping.

And I love my SO.

EDIT: I must be in my "manic" phase, LOL.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yesterday I donated to a charity, volunteered for another charity, and cleaned the house while listening to Spanish guitar music.

Today I bought some cute clothes online at great reduced prices, and now I'm doing some VERY early Christmas shopping.

And I love my SO.

EDIT: I must be in my "manic" phase, LOL.

Awww...Early Christmas shopping! Great idea to get started now! I need to do the same.
I need to run out to Walmart and get those socks and underwear bought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships