Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:34 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times

Advertisements

I agree with STT. Simple. Short. Clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times

YouTube - Can I Have Your Number Part 2

Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Why bother saying "I'll call you", if you know that won't happen? It happens all the time...part of the dating world is that there is rejection, it goes both ways. Personally I would never tell anyone I would call them if I had no plans of doing so, and I expect the same kind of honesty in return. Don't worry about dates who say they are going to call and don't, that's a character flaw on their part....do you really want to be with someone like that? Rock on!!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
[quote=taigagirl;15313274don't worry about dates who say they are going to call and don't, that's a character flaw on their part....do you really want to be with someone like that? [/quote]

bingo!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
That's my history with relationships and women. Now I want to talk about the topic. I have been single for about a year and a half since the last girl I told you about lied to me and in that time I've met 4 women. I met in Orlando at the bar when I got off work and went to play pool and get a beer. I got finished playing pool and went to sit at the bar and about 10 minutes later this cute girl comes over to sit by me and we talked and had a good time and some laughs for about 30-40 minutes. She gives me her phone number and e-mail address. I didn't ask her for that, so the next day I call her number and I get no answer so I left a voicemail. Then I decide to look her up online to see if I can contact her through myspace or facebook. Well I found her there and left her a message saying how I had a good time ect...and about 2 weeks went by and I got no response so I gave her one more e-mail reminding her of what a good time it was and wondering why she hasn't gotten back to me. Well the next day I wake up and get an e-mail back and she says, "What did you think that it was going to go farther than us talking about sports at the bar that night?" So, at that point I was mad because that was pretty rude of her, so I responded, "Then why did you give me your damn number then and e-mail?" and that was that.

The next girl I met was right after I moved up here to Nashville and me and my brother were out playing pool. This girl came over by me and my brother and started flirting with me and so me and her started talking and I played her in pool a couple times and then we all played this other game in there and I told her it was nice to meet someone this cool because I am new here. She said yeah it is really nice to meet a nice guy because there haven't been too many come along lately. So we agreed to meet up 2 days later the restaurant where she works. So, I go there and I don't see her. So, I ask the manager if she was working that day. He said no she is off today. That was that and I never heard from her again.

The next one I met was at this karaoke bar and it was me with a couple of my new buddies up here and their girlfriends. This one girl who is in her 40's which is about 10 years older than me kept looking over at me. She was the sexiest woman in the bar. All the people at my table kept saying that she was looking at me. Well I started to take a picture of my friends because one of them wanted a pic and the girl which happened to be at the very next table said, "do you want to get in the pic to? I'll take it for you" and I said, "yeah that would be cool, thank you so much" So she took our pictures and then my friends said to the girl , "hey you should take a pic with our friend "She was like "Hell yeah I would like that". So, we took the pic and then I made conversation with her and we had a lot in common and the same sense of humor. She would touch my arm and stuff kind of flirting ya know. Then she asked me for my number and my e-mail. So, I gave it to her and she wrote hers on a paper napkin. I got online and found her the next day and sent her a message. She responded and said that it was nice to have met me and I said you too. We talked on the phone for like a minute because she said she was at work and had to call me back later. Well I never got a call back. Then I called her and left a message a few days later to check on her. No response. So I write her on facebook and and after a few days I gave up and erased her because she didn't respond. So she calls me after this and says to keep in contact. So I said ok and wrote her on facebook a few days later but no response after a week again so I just let her go on her merry way. Kind of tired of playing the games after my history

Well there was another more recent one from like 2 weeks ago as well that I would like to talk about but this is getting long....

So, my question is do I just have bad luck? or is there something wrong with the women I have met? or am I doing something wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Let me make something clear here. Maybe I wasn't too clear before...I never offered my number to these girls...they either asked me for my info or gave me their info ..They initiated the contact and the future contact with them
No they didn't...reading is comprehension....

Theres a common theme here....they give you their contact info...you contact them...they don't respond...you continue with the contact by some means or another with the same result..for weeks.

Sorry... some ppl can't be honest with you to your face, but I don't understand why you can't read the proverbial handwriting on the wall, its odd and you certainly aren't naive or lacking in experience.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Maybe the op should pursue older/mature women (over 50). He might have better luck. I personally hate being single but im very set in my ways & doubt if i ever marry.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
If they were interested at all, they'd give you their number too. More than that and they'd drag you home for a roll in the hay.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:47 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If they were interested at all, they'd give you their number too. More than that and they'd drag you home for a roll in the hay.
Some women give fake numbers.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 AM

283 posts, read 458,616 times
The best trick I learned is to never give my number. If she want's to see me, she is the one who will call me. Sometimes I give my number and call. My personal rule I call around 9pm your not there...too bad next, or if you have a voice mail " hello I'm the guy you met, here, I had a great time, hope we can see again, have a nice day"...Doesn't call back - not interested. I prefer when they call thou their all nervous and shy sometimes with a shaky voice.

I noticed that people don't take dating too seriously (I know some are desperate too), The more light hearted and care free you are about dating the more desirable you become. Its all about expanding your choices. I received a call from a girl a month after we met asking if I still remembered her - I didn't but that part of the deal - you wait too long to call I forget. Who said I was a nice guy? The more the girl suffers (the more she wants me to call her) the more In control I am. Why change a tactic that works.

With facebook, twitter and all those stuff I don't give my e-mail anymore - Too much access to my private life.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
The best trick I learned is to never give my number. If she want's to see me, she is the one who will call me.
How can she call you if you don't give out your number?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships