Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Your cousins are still doing this at your current age?

That's some interesting family dynamics for sure

Reminds me of the Darlin' Family on Andy Griffith!

The Darlings were a fictional family of musically-inclined hillbillies in the American TV sitcom The Andy Griffith Show.
The Darlings (usually pronounced Darlin's) lived in a shotgun shack somewhere in the mountains neighboring Mayberry. The good-natured, but trouble-making Appalachian clan led by patriarch Briscoe Darling (played by Denver Pyle) would usually come into town when they had some sort of problem that Sheriff Andy Taylor would have to resolve. Briscoe was the widowed father of five grown children (four sons and one daughter) who all lived together, and each had a different musical talent. All together, the members of the family formed a jug band. They had their own set of values and rules and had little concern for matters that went on outside of their family. Due to their secluded lifestyle, their lack of social grace, and their superstitious belief in mountain lore, they were perceived by the people of Mayberry as being somewhat backward. Their arrival in town usually meant trouble for Sheriff Taylor and Deputy Barney Fife, despite their friendly relationship with the family.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That's some interesting family dynamics for sure

Reminds me of the Darlin' Family on Andy Griffith!
LOL....I remember the Darlin' Family....wonder if she's from Mayberry?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Wow, there are ppl this niave(sp?) out there? First the drunk situation and now the computer/player situation? Only my very humble opinion but these threads & posts seem suspect.
I agree with you. No grown woman can be this stupid.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfalling View Post
I tend to think your posts are suspect too. I am from the South in a very rural area, and we had cable and internet. Also, are you still there? In one of your other posts you talked about how you were about to break out in acting. Someone wanted you to pose topless, and you thought it might be your chance like Hallie Berry. You are 37. You are past your break out years...and all of your posts do not add up. There are too many inconsistencies in the time periods, guys are after me, no they are not. Also, you said you had no male role models, now you say you were over protected by males...what gives? I suspect that you are enjoying pretending to be this helpless little thing...37 is too old for that role.
No internet or TV by CHIOCE....

I don't want to write out my life story, but long stroy short, I am NOT religious now at ALL, but married and became a JW through most of my 20's, so know out any movies, TV, and ALL internet until about 2008, and yeah....

Again, SOOOOOOOO NOT religious now, but yeah, that part I have been leaving out is quite embarrassing.

I am trying to work through all of these "issues" and get a real life, I swear. That is why I am on here, lol... trial and error 101 at light speed.

Pretend you were in prison for 20 years... yeah, they had a lot more freedom than me, I can guarantee it.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
No internet or TV by CHIOCE....

I don't want to write out my life story, but long stroy short, I am NOT religious now at ALL, but married and became a JW through most of my 20's, so know out any movies, TV, and ALL internet until about 2008, and yeah....

Again, SOOOOOOOO NOT religious now, but yeah, that part I have been leaving out is quite embarrassing.

I am trying to work through all of these "issues" and get a real life, I swear. That is why I am on here, lol... trial and error 101 at light speed.

Pretend you were in prison for 20 years... yeah, they had a lot more freedom than me, I can guarantee it.

I work with several JW's and they know more about TV and the Internet than I do. I'm not going to claim to know your sect or anything though. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I work with several JW's and they know more about TV and the Internet than I do. I'm not going to claim to know your sect or anything though. Good luck.
Well, were I lived you would get judged for watching most things, and praised for having no cable.

If you were married and using the internet you might as well have been cheating because the internet is looming with "temptaions", etc, etc, etc...

There was article, after article about it, so even if some don't listen to every article, the 'suggestions" to obstain from television and the internet were pretty strong, if you catch my drift.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 AM

155 posts, read 222,894 times
Quote:
Well, were I lived you would get judged for watching most things, and praised for having no cable.

If you were married and using the internet you might as well have been cheating because the internet is looming with "temptaions", etc, etc, etc...

There was article, after article about it, so even if some don't listen to every article, the 'suggestions" to obstain from television and the internet were pretty strong, if you catch my drift.

Michael Jackson's family are JW, so once again that doesn't add up. Also, I know many JW's and they are very savy people. Unless you were actually abducted and living on another planet, your story seems implausible. I am not going to judge you, but I am also not going to feed your need for drama again. A cult would explain what you are saying, but it is too late for you to claim that.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Michael Jackson's family are JW, so once again that doesn't add up. Also, I know many JW's and they are very savy people. Unless you were actually abducted and living on another planet, your story seems implausible. I am not going to judge you, but I am also not going to feed your need for drama again. A cult would explain what you are saying, but it is too late for you to claim that.

Micheal jackson and most of his family are totally BANNED and disfellowshiped because they are not following the strictness and supposedly tarnish their clean name.

Clean name NOT I want nothing to do with them. They really messed with my brain and made me feel like the devil no matter HOW innocent I was.

So I am not really sure what you are getting at but your suspicion or paranoia about my "story" looks weird from my point of view.

Dosen't add up??? Of course it dosen't add up from your point of you, there are nearly 40 years of years and experiences, you would hae to understand for it to add up.

Anyhoo, back on topic.

I am feeling great about this. I am gonna keep comming back when I feel weak, and get reminded how I am NOT ready and need to smarten up and stop getting sucked in for a while.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:11 PM

157 posts, read 332,434 times
Quote:

I agree with ya, her stories just don't add up at all, the 37 yr old offered a role to show topless for a movie??? And then got wasted screaming "I'm drunk"...and now letting this douche use your computer after less than 1 month??? Cut off from internet & cable???

This is going to sound bad but you sound like you got abducted when you are 10 like Lacey Dugard...

Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
lmao!!!! you allways make me laugh! laughter IS the best medicine.....I love the way you just lay out the obvious.

It is like, when I am too close to a situation i can't see it, but then when i picture a friend or someone I love in the same situation, it is SOOOOO friggin clear like you just laid out....

Wish they had one of those roflmao smilies on here, it would look so cute right here>

Thanks! I try. As you can probably tell, I have a short fuse for masculine tom-foolery. It is indeed true that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince, so if you kiss one and nothing happens, move on to the next lilypad. If I had spent any more time than it took to cut the jerks loose, I'd never have met the man I'm with now. Time you waste with the wrong kind of person is time you could be spending with the right kind of person--or at least a good book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships