Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 04:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I just have to ask...have you been in a coma or a nunnery for the last 20 years? Basically, what IS the reason for your lack of growth in this area?

Long term relation ship, 2 in a row, completely isolated in the boonies with no cable or anything, just me, kittens, ducks, chickens, and then a baby.

So yeah twas a wee tad isolated.

I have a LOT of catching up to do!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
How is he a player? He is not your b/f is he?

Thats like me stopping to look for a job and I am still looking for another one that may suit me the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
The guy I have been seeing on and off and then for the last month seen basically every day, forgot to log out of a dating site on my computer and is talking to all of these other girls as of yesterday as far as I can see....

Sending them messages, like "hey cutie, how are you?" etc....

Guys do NOT normally do this in the begining if they are interested in a new girl that they hang out with 4-5 days a week do they?

Should I confront him and get it overwith, or just pretend I don't know and dump him?

Guys, do you still flirt around a bit in the begining and I may be over reacting?

PLEASE give me the HARD HONEST answers to this.

I was starting to fall for him.... LAST NIGHT he was talking about meeting his parents in the next month or two.

He also said that he thought he would never want to get married, but now thinks he DOES want to get married and be a real family one day if things work out etc...

Am I being played big time?

is he some woman hater setting me up for some huge burn or something???

I am sooooo confused.

I don't want to over react, but I don't want to be played for a fool either....

Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
How is he a player? He is not your b/f is he?

Thats like me stopping to look for a job and I am still looking for another one that may suit me the best.

I could understand that if he wasn't acting the way he was. If this were more casual, then yes.

He ha been talking about things he wants to do next month, in a few months, and on and on, and blah blah blah, talking long term.

I am starting to feel a sick feeling in my stomach.

It does not feel good.

Even if it is no big deal, I think things may be done on my end.

I don't think I will be able to trust him after this no matter what the explanation.

If he even has the balls to talk about it in the first place.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Well, not really but he is completely possesive already. he definatly dosen't want ME seeing anyone else. he has made that pretty clear!

Like I said, if any guy talks to me, he runs over and puts his arm around me or kisses me in front of them.

He has already told me about a few guys who he wanted to knock their blocks off.

I am actually relived because the possesiveness wouldn't be something I could tollerate for long anyways.

Mabey it will be better to end it so early and then be friends later instead.
been reading this thread and got to this point. when a man you have dated for such a short time does as you suggested in this post, you should RUN fast and DO NOT look back. don't eve bother being friends with him add this to his BS...you maybe the one, meet my family...add the possesiveness...now add I can flirt on line, hedge my bets, just in case this one doesn't work out and you have a huge jerk. RUN, RUN.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Wow, I can be so blind it is kinda scary! lol....
Not completely... you discovered he was on your computer
posting on dating sites, hes not too bright, you caught it. You got lucky and dodged the bullet, this time.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
I could understand that if he wasn't acting the way he was. If this were more casual, then yes.

He ha been talking about things he wants to do next month, in a few months, and on and on, and blah blah blah, talking long term.

It does not feel good.

I don't think I will be able to trust him after this no matter what the explanation.

if he is talking about what the two of you will do in the future, still has a life on line. he is the epitome of the old joke about the man who tells the chick at the bar when she asks if he is married....... he tells her..."my wife is married"

the guy is an arse

Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
Quote:
Well, not really but he is completely possesive already. he definatly dosen't want ME seeing anyone else. he has made that pretty clear!

Like I said, if any guy talks to me, he runs over and puts his arm around me or kisses me in front of them.

He has already told me about a few guys who he wanted to knock their blocks off.

I am actually relived because the possesiveness wouldn't be something I could tollerate for long anyways.

Mabey it will be better to end it so early and then be friends later instead.
Early possessiveness is a BAD sign. It's the old double standard. It's OK for him to flirt but NOT for you. According to him, you aren't supposed to even talk to other men, and he wants to "knock their blocks off." I've got major RED FLAGS going off all over the place on this. I'm not saying he is, but that is often how an abuser starts, so be warned. Also, this very premature marriage talk, another abuser sign. Since you are not in a mutually exclusive relationship, it shouldn't matter to either of you. But you are emotionally in an exclusive relationship, or wish it was exclusive. Sleeping with him so early in the game was a bad idea, you don't really know him yet.

With players, it always seems to be that if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it IS a duck. Same with players. You already know the answer to this and I suspect that you think you will be the "one" to change him. You're not. The only one who can change him is himself and not you.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:11 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:

It does not feel good.

I am sure he will take the best offer. Your goal is to snatch him before any other girl does. You have to let him to know why you are a good fit for him.

Bottom line is that he is not your b/f right now.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Thanks JSizzle.

I need this type of advice.

I am just learning, you guys will probly see me go through a lot more crap before I get it right I am sure.
OK, well this part is going to sting.

You need to not be dating right now. You need to figure out first, who you are, and then second, how you demand to be treated.

The first part will take some work. Find hobbies...make friends...don't have sex with people. Get into touch with misswee.

The second part is easy, once the first part is squared away, honestly.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Oh yeah, he seems abusive. Just let by gones be by gones at this point. Cut him off. He's only going to try to keep manipulating you back into his rotation of FWBs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships