Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboo71 View Post
I send him a text of "good nite" and he says "It could have been".

Oh and btw he only seems to date girls under 30.

?
He only dates women under 30....how'd you get so lucky and you were even kind enough to text him back with a "good nite" after the load of grap he fed you. No point in repeating the obvious about him, my question is whats the deal with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,998 times
why does he do this?
because you let him.

next time, maybe you shouldnt entertain his messages. if you do, tell him you are not interested in knowing about his conquests.

simple as that.

Quote:
I am just curious. I have been dating this guy on and off for about 1 year now (he's 42 and I am 39) and he recently contacted me after about 6 weeks after we split up. He sends me a text message at 1:30 a.m. and asks "Where are you". The conversation starts off good and then he starts saying he was seeing this 27 yo bartender for about a month and it didn't work out because he had to wait til after 2 a.m. to see her. Then proceeds to tell me he was out on a date with this 25 yo. a few nights ago. He asks me if I want to see him and I tell him it is probably not a good idea (as he constantly tells me all these young girls he sleeps with) as I am tired of playing his stupid games. He then tells me I know he is the man of my dreams and would marry him if he asked me. I tell him again probably not a good idea and he says ok this is the second time I've turned him down. I send him a text of "good nite" and he says "It could have been". He then sends me a text message at 12:40 a.m. the following day to tell me sorry that he didn't get back to me that his girlfriend came home. WTF. Why does he do this stupid s*it. Like I said he's 42 5'10 about 220 lbs and he's not drop dead gorgeous. My friends constantly ask what the hell I see in him and to be honest I couldn't tell you. But I don't understand why he has to lie about it. Does he think it makes me jealous, cause it doesn't or that it will make me want to run and be with him? As he should know by now it just pushes me away. Oh and btw he only seems to date girls under 30.

Any input guys of what he is really thinking?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,198 times
He seems to only want you around so he can humiliate you by bragging about being with these real or supposed hot young chicks.

Why would you want anyone in your life like that??? I know I wouldn't.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Hes not humiliating her...shes humiliating herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
He seems to only want you around so he can humiliate you by bragging about being with these real or supposed hot young chicks.

Why would you want anyone in your life like that??? I know I wouldn't.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:41 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,649 times
I don't really think he's been with all these women guys...I think he really likes her and misses her and doesn't know how to get her back so he's pulling the old get her jealous routine because maybe one of his anushole guy friends gave him some bad advice when they were drinking or something

Old 07-22-2010, 06:15 PM

525 posts, read 948,050 times
Quote:

These type of pathetic people irritate me the most of all. They interact as though they have some kind of solid leverage with you yet EVERYTHING that comes out of their mouth is a blatant extravagant lie. These people will infuriate you with just mere contact. Personally, my fuse is way too short for it.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM

221 posts, read 336,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I don't really think he's been with all these women guys...I think he really likes her and misses her and doesn't know how to get her back so he's pulling the old get her jealous routine because maybe one of his anushole guy friends gave him some bad advice when they were drinking or something

Or some GOOD advice. seems to be working...

Old 07-22-2010, 08:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
I am just curious. I have been dating this guy on and off for about 1 year now (he's 42 and I am 39) and he recently contacted me after about 6 weeks after we split up. He sends me a text message at 1:30 a.m. and asks "Where are you". The conversation starts off good and then he starts saying he was seeing this 27 yo bartender for about a month and it didn't work out because he had to wait til after 2 a.m. to see her. Then proceeds to tell me he was out on a date with this 25 yo. a few nights ago. He asks me if I want to see him and I tell him it is probably not a good idea (as he constantly tells me all these young girls he sleeps with) as I am tired of playing his stupid games. He then tells me I know he is the man of my dreams and would marry him if he asked me. I tell him again probably not a good idea and he says ok this is the second time I've turned him down. I send him a text of "good nite" and he says "It could have been". He then sends me a text message at 12:40 a.m. the following day to tell me sorry that he didn't get back to me that his girlfriend came home. WTF. Why does he do this stupid s*it. Like I said he's 42 5'10 about 220 lbs and he's not drop dead gorgeous. My friends constantly ask what the hell I see in him and to be honest I couldn't tell you. But I don't understand why he has to lie about it. Does he think it makes me jealous, cause it doesn't or that it will make me want to run and be with him? As he should know by now it just pushes me away. Oh and btw he only seems to date girls under 30.

Change your # so he can't contact you anymore. Or block his calls. You don't need a fatazz like that. (And that's coming from a nice fatazz)

Old 07-23-2010, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,152 times
he's a player,you deserve better

Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,277,642 times
Quote:

Sorry but that's insane. If a guy wants you then he will be with you, period, end of story.

His girlfriend? No that's just wrong. Find somebody else. There are tons of guys out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships