Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
Hmm, women can watch sex and the city, read magazines like cosmo (how to keep your man. six secret sex tips) and not get any flak for it, but when a man admits he needs a little help there is something wrong with him? nah
What are you talking about? Women get plenty of flak for it! Sheesh.

(But I think a man would be a more desirable lover if he learns about some secret sex tips on how to please his partner -- because notice, none of those articles about sex tips are about how to derive pleasure for oneself, but about how to please -- rather than a bunch of rationalizations for ignoring what women say to him.)

Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,822 times
Quote:
Hmm, women can watch sex and the city, read magazines like cosmo (how to keep your man. six secret sex tips) and not get any flak for it, but when a man admits he needs a little help there is something wrong with him? nah
Yes, exactly! I think the problem here is that so many women don't understand just how difficult it is for some men to learn dating skills. For many men (including myself), these skills didn't come naturally, so why is it a crime for those men to ask for help? I had a dating coach for 2 years and benefited tremendously from his help.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:

Bwahahahahaha. Seriously I was joking. You are really reading that? Ahahahahaha

Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM

221 posts, read 336,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
What are you talking about? Women get plenty of flak for it! Sheesh.

(But I think a man would be a more desirable lover if he learns about some secret sex tips on how to please his partner -- because notice, none of those articles about sex tips are about how to derive pleasure for oneself, but about how to please -- rather than a bunch of rationalizations for ignoring what women say to him.)
Come on, don't give me that, a man walks into a womans house and an issue of cosmo is on the table he thinks little of it. A woman walks in a mans apartment and sees the game on the table she heads for the hills, it is nowhere near equal.

You can't give a woman pleasure if you can't get her to out with you.

You are under the impression that women say what they mean in romantic encounters. for the vast majority of them, this is not the case. Ah to be able to put a woman in a mans body for a day and have her deal with women. I just don't think it's possible for you understand. The tests are relentless, and usually that's exactly what they are. My record is clean btw

Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 PM

155 posts, read 222,937 times
Quote:
Come on, don't give me that, a man walks into a womans house and an issue of cosmo is on the table he thinks little of it. A woman walks in a mans apartment and sees the game on the table she heads for the hills, it is nowhere near equal.

You are under the impression that women say what they mean in romantic encounters. for the vast majority of them, this is not the case. Ah to be able to put a woman in a mans body for a day and have her deal with women. I just don't think it's possible for you understand. The tests are relentless, and usually that's exactly what they are. My record is clean btw

???? What the heck?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
I know the "PUAs" think they are cute...but that stupid little VH1 special was the worst thing that ever happened. Real men don't find them funny.

Story, in case anyone wants to save their teeth:

Couple weekends ago I was at Salty Senioritas. I was out where it was quieter...and there was 3 chicks...and I guess they were friends....but the boyfriend of one was with them and left to get drinks. Just then this dude dressed like a straight clown, came up and dropped the VH1 special on the chick with boyfriend. She was playing it up and laughing along with it...next thing I know...dude is back, and VH1 is sleeping.

THat dude and his crew took off with the quickness. My party were the only ones that saw what was happening...and well we didn't like the kid. When the bouncers got there we gave them the old run around. Poor VH1 kid.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Well, that article just lends credence to the long-standing rumor that PUA's only get to have sex with three kinds of women:

1. Imaginary;
2. Inflatable; and
3. Stoned or drunk off their ***.

By the way: since guys who follow the advice of "dating gurus" are intensely stupid, I have little doubt that some of those men who take that article to heart will eventually find themselves on the receiving end of a rape prosecution. In the (probably futile) hope of lessening the likelihood of that happening, I have something for the so-called PUA's to think about:

First, if you are DETERMINED to misinterpret what women say to you, don't crawl all over the Internet whining about women sending you "mixed signals". Second: you are not irresistible. Shocking, I know, but it's true. Even though you may spend hours diligently insulting ("negging"?) every attractive woman within earshot, even if you are wearing a totally banging outfit that looks like you were shot out of a cannon straight into Lady Gaga's dressing room -- in other words, if you have a totally awesome "game" -- some women still will honestly not want you to put your penis in them. With that in mind, assume that "I don't want to have sex with you" means "I DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU". Settle for a petty insult. Otherwise, you may one day find yourself blogging from prison.
Oh thank you so so much for this post!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:14 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
If Cosmo treated men like mere obstacles between the woman and the penis, to be tricked into allowing access, then I wouldn't blame you for heading for the hills.

Quote:
You can't give a woman pleasure if she doesn't like you. Douchebags who regard women as mere obstacles to ***** make lousy lovers.

Quote:
Ah, to be able to put you in a woman's body for a day and have you deal with men who refuse to understand the word "no". Get it through your head: "no" means "no". It doesn't mean "yes", it doesn't mean "maybe", it doesn't mean "get me another drink", and it doesn't mean "insult me some more". It means "no". If you are still confused, I suggest you carry one of these.

Last edited by Redisca; 07-23-2010 at 09:44 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
OMG. You think women really read that stuff? I mean, seriously? We read that sh*t for laughs!! Come on...only girls read that crap.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 PM

155 posts, read 222,937 times
I have to go, I mean Sex and the City is coming on, and I must read up on all the tips that Cosmo has for keeping men. Lord forbid I might not be up on all the lastest tricks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships