Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, would you date a man with Asperger's Syndrome?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm guessing that assbuger is a typo of assburger, which is the tongue-and-cheek spelling of Asperger on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Asperger's syndrome - Encyclopedia Dramatica

Yes, and it's a "term" anyone who has had any connection with the syndrome is well familiar with. And that link has already been posted once in this thread, thank you. I'm guessing you haven't read the thread, either, as it's been mentioned, here.

I was not talking about her use of a cutesy name, but her attitude toward AS in general.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
I have a friend who is allergic to asparagers too but she still dates. She chooses the broccoli or green beans and does fine, never had a reaction at all.
I have dated her too, fine woman that she is, with all 14 teeth, a cauliflower ear, female pattern baldness and exzema to boot, she's still a really great
conversationalist and we've been able to work around all of her other handicaps. We always seem to agree that just being with someone, no matter what
their detractions, is still a whole lot better than sitting home alone. One of the things that works well for us, is that we can find happiness in the moment,
we've been able to shelve those issues that don't matter in the long run.

I've been able to overlook the things that I know she never asked for and, in turn, she has avoided the issue of my harelip, I can still say a recognizable
rendition of-"I love you" and female bald pattern notwithstanding, I mean it. If she excuses herself from my presence to change her Depends or take her
diabetes shot, I let it pass, much as a fart in a crowded elevator would be acknowledged. Both of us have come to a mutual understanding, we each have a
need to love and be loved in return, as a fact and a pact, we've overcome those obstacles that seem to come to those who truly believe the BS that they see on
that wide screen HD, LCD television that Rent-A-Center is billing them $29.99 a week for, they've come to believe that unless they too, may qualify as another
someone out there with those straight white teeth, Corinthian leather tan, Gucci handbag, Loreal lips and Snooki's Wilma Flintstone styled Bump-it.

If we were talking about Tourettes, I'd feel somewhat differently but never having dated a chick with Tourettes, I'm really not qualified to elaborate.
The point I mean to make, (but haven't), is that Love conquers all and if you see life and love through the heart, you'll find that there is more to love,
than what meets the eye. Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder but love will always live in the heart.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
Yes, and it's a "term" anyone who has had any connection with the syndrome is well familiar with. And that link has already been posted once in this thread, thank you. I'm guessing you haven't read the thread, either, as it's been mentioned, here.

I was not talking about her use of a cutesy name, but her attitude toward AS in general.
I haven't read all 19 pages but I have been following the thread. You quoted my posts and replied to them here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/15296241-post113.html

And here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/15302340-post118.html

Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships