Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,123,811 times

Advertisements

By Joe N.

"I am sixty two and have a healthy libido, but have talked to many men (over a hundred) who freely admit that they lost interest in women by age forty. They are not gay males, just turned off towards women. Something about the male female games seemed to turn them off and they would just as soon have a date with their left hand. I know that sounds crude, but it is a reality for many men.

What do you think it is?

The definition in society world wide is that a man is a provider. Could these men be disinterested in being a provider? Could the responsibility associated with having to provide for a family be driving them away from women?

Could it be that they have just met too many artificial women who have turned them off to women in general?

Any other ideas?"

Please discuss?

PS- I DID NOT write this NOR am I saying I agree or disagree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 AM

525 posts, read 945,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
By Joe N.

"I am sixty two and have a healthy libido, but have talked to many men (over a hundred) who freely admit that they lost interest in women by age forty. They are not gay males, just turned off towards women. Something about the male female games seemed to turn them off and they would just as soon have a date with their left hand. I know that sounds crude, but it is a reality for many men.

What do you think it is?

The definition in society world wide is that a man is a provider. Could these men be disinterested in being a provider? Could the responsibility associated with having to provide for a family be driving them away from women?

Could it be that they have just met too many artificial women who have turned them off to women in general?

Any other ideas?"

Please discuss?

I don't think that it's that they are being 'driven away' from women. Nor the fear of the socalled 'resonsibility to provide' for a family. Although they have by this point certainly had their fair share of artificial women, the fact is that most men start into some of their most fruitful years into their forties and fifties. Their careers may have gained some momentum and they simply are wiser and not going to lose focus over a woman. It's a fact that men in this category who manage to achieve great things have definitely learned how to manage the powerful urges of sexual desire. Which is practically impossible under 30 years of age.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,870,786 times
I think when you do hit 40 it's less of a distraction as was mentioned.

However, when you.....SQUIRREL!!

...see a pretty girl oiled up on the beach you suddenly forget where the ocean is.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,220,173 times
I think "Joe N." is full of garbage.

If he asked more than 100 men whether they were interested in women, he would also have asked them why or why not.

That letter is a plant by one of those He-Man Woman-Hater types who is too nasty to attract women, or else that's all he spoke to.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM

301 posts, read 824,316 times
My parents got divorced when I was 1. That was almost 30 years ago. My dad has not been in one serious relationship since then. Not that I know his every move, but I have never met a lady friend to date. He was divorced prior to my mom. Both women broke his heart. He's 63. He seems content with his solo life. And, he's a very attractive older man. Looks a bit like Harrison Ford. When I visit him at work, I can always tell which women have little crushes on him. I tell him about it and he just shrugs his shoulders. So maybe he really isn't interested anymore.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,861,818 times
I won't live to be (over a hundred) but if i did I doubt I would care much about most women, but I might care about one.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM

483 posts, read 553,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
By Joe N.

What do you think it is?

Any other ideas?"

Please discuss?

I still have lots of interest in the opposite sex at 51. And I'm still high natured. I find the pain of heartbreak to be greater as I get older. So, I avoid females at the first sign that they'll be insensitive in that regard.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM

35,911 posts, read 30,458,873 times
I believe men over 40 have a decreased libido and are less interested in actually having sex but not in the pursuit or giving the illusion of having sex.
My bf and I are both over 45. All his buddies, have an SO, many have something on the side or are looking for something or bragging about it.

I had a couple old riding buddies 50-60+ that were the biggest horn dogs around. I had to listen to stories about their sexcapades on every ride. As the years went by they were more concerned in finding a woman to take care of them (cooking, companionship) that sex.

I have had men in their late 40s state they are glad they are no longer ruled by their little head. It makes life much easier. But they still enjoy female attention.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxiclove View Post
My parents got divorced when I was 1. That was almost 30 years ago. My dad has not been in one serious relationship since then. Not that I know his every move, but I have never met a lady friend to date. He was divorced prior to my mom. Both women broke his heart. He's 63. He seems content with his solo life. And, he's a very attractive older man. Looks a bit like Harrison Ford. When I visit him at work, I can always tell which women have little crushes on him. I tell him about it and he just shrugs his shoulders. So maybe he really isn't interested anymore.
What a waste of a good guy! Could it be that he's playing the field and doesn't want you to know...? Not introducing you to anybody doesn't mean he hasn't had anybody...

Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,130,734 times
False.

The only 40-50-year-old men not interested in women are those who are only interested in one woman and those who were never interested in women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships