Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

I know some of you are going to harshly criticize me for something since I know Im not exactly Mr Popular here in the relationships section

I moved to Las Vegas from Orlando about 2 months ago and almost as soon as I moved here, I met a girl who had to Vegas from Los Angeles the same time I did. She and I have gotten very close that we are telling each other "I love you" and she comes to my house to sleep over almost every other night (Though not much sleeping is done)

There are some issues though that are really weighing on me and I am not sure how to bring them across to her. First issue is distance. We are considering moving in together but for right now she lives 17 miles away from me. Occasionally we will meet on the strip or she will come to my house. These repeated trips are taking a toll on me financially because from my house to the Vegas strip is 17 miles one way

Second, she expresses her emotions a lot better than I do. She is easily made happy or excited in a good way by many things and is a far more outgoing person than I will ever be. She says I need to show more happiness and not be so blah all the time

Third, I think she might cheat on me if she isnt already. She told me she cheated on one of her bfs way back when to hook up with another guy who she is "close friends" with back in LA. Today in a conversation I told her I was worried about losing her to another guy and she said I needed to "keep an eye" on her because she had left a previous bf for "this guy who was such a badass" and that if she went out and met a cool enough guy, she'd basically leave me for him. Though she claims that she's "Not going anywhere"

Fourth, her sense of humor. She always calls me "gay" in a joking way but its gotten old and I have even told her that I am sick of it, I dealt with enough gay jokes in high school, I dont need them now.

Fifth, I personally think its possible to be TOO laid back and care free which is what she is. I dont have much money but she always tells me "Oh dont trip, dont be a cheap ass money will work itself out" Its not even money being spent on her, whenever she and I go out, we usually split the bill 50/50 but I am trying to be conservative with my money yet she seems to blow all hers. She always tells me I need to "stop being so paranoid about money" and to just have fun

There is a definite physical connection between us, and I do love her and care about her but I think I am going to get hurt in the end, badly. She said she is afraid this is going to happen as well and that "why we're not official yet" She seems worried she is going to break my heart. So even though we spend hours together and see each other about 5 days a week we're still not and "official" couple yet

She is the first girl I have EVER met who seems to actually like me and spending time with me, and I know if I lose her I may never find another. My attitudes are too caustic and abrasive for women to handle

You think I should break it off? I really love this girl and we both think it can work, but Im not 100% sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
I cannot tell you to break it off or not but I will say it sounds like the 2 of you are moving to fast.

You will meet other nice gals IF you decide to move on. There are lots of great women out there.

My advice would be for you to slow down.....take it slow. You guys have moved at such a fast pace it may be best to move on and start over with someone else.

Good luck,
Ron

Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
What Ron said.

And if her attitude about money is that cavalier, you can almost bet if you move in together, she won't pay on time or won't pay at all.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

There are some issues though that are really weighing on me and I am not sure how to bring them across to her. First issue is distance. We are considering moving in together but for right now she lives 17 miles away from me. Occasionally we will meet on the strip or she will come to my house. These repeated trips are taking a toll on me financially because from my house to the Vegas strip is 17 miles one way
Why is the 17 miles a factor?doesnt seem like much of a distance to be a negative in the relationship,if you are really in love a 20 minute drive should be an absolute non event

Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 AM

525 posts, read 948,160 times
Quote:

Third, I think she might cheat on me if she isnt already. She told me she cheated on one of her bfs way back when to hook up with another guy who she is "close friends" with back in LA. Today in a conversation I told her I was worried about losing her to another guy and she said I needed to "keep an eye" on her because she had left a previous bf for "this guy who was such a badass" and that if she went out and met a cool enough guy, she'd basically leave me for him. Though she claims that she's "Not going anywhere"

Fourth, her sense of humor. She always calls me "gay" in a joking way but its gotten old and I have even told her that I am sick of it, I dealt with enough gay jokes in high school, I dont need them now.

There is a definite physical connection between us, and I do love her and care about her but I think I am going to get hurt in the end, badly. She said she is afraid this is going to happen as well and that "why we're not official yet" She seems worried she is going to break my heart. So even though we spend hours together and see each other about 5 days a week we're still not and "official" couple yet

She is the first girl I have EVER met who seems to actually like me and spending time with me, and I know if I lose her I may never find another. My attitudes are too caustic and abrasive for women to handle

You think I should break it off?

Dude, trust me--you need to dump her a$$ now!!! She's ridiculing you, playing damaging mindgames on you, costing you, and a WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF that there's no room on this page to list!! You are young. You will find much better and soon. It will be the best thing you have done for yourself. The reason I know you will do much better than her is because she IS THE WORST. THE BOTTOM.

YOU NEED TO DUMP HER FIRST AND NOWWWWWWWW!!!!

anyone think he'll do it? probably not

Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Hey man, this is CD, we're supposed to harshly criticize you!
***joking***

Don't go everboard for this chick, I know the feeling you're having with her is amazing but ALWAYS trust your guts. Even thought people say 'a cheater is always a cheater', this may not be the case.
Also DO NOT display "insecurity" by telling her you're 'afraid' she'll leave you for another guy. Some women like this and may use it against you.
Just keep your eyes open.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
This is a toxic relationship. She has figured out your insecurities and tapping into them so you bend to her ways. Calling you gay and mentioning bad ass boyfriends so it makes you feel, unmanly. Then on top of that acting like you are a complete bore and not a free spirit like herself. It will only get worse the longer you are with her and one day you will find yourself dumped. She is a narcissist. You are getting yourself emotionally involved and will end up with a broken heart and low self esteem. I hope to god you are using protection during sex. If you do decide to stop seeing her, do not be surprised if she pursues you. Women like this are not used to being dumped.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
youll never meet another girl??? if thats your attitude your gonna be stuck with this girl who you know isnt right for you. until she cheats on you or breaks up with you that is

Old 07-26-2010, 06:21 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
I know some of you are going to harshly criticize me for something since I know Im not exactly Mr Popular here in the relationships section

I moved to Las Vegas from Orlando about 2 months ago and almost as soon as I moved here, I met a girl who had to Vegas from Los Angeles the same time I did. She and I have gotten very close that we are telling each other "I love you" and she comes to my house to sleep over almost every other night (Though not much sleeping is done)

Second, she expresses her emotions a lot better than I do. She is easily made happy or excited in a good way by many things and is a far more outgoing person than I will ever be. She says I need to show more happiness and not be so blah all the time

Fifth, I personally think its possible to be TOO laid back and care free which is what she is. I dont have much money but she always tells me "Oh dont trip, dont be a cheap ass money will work itself out" Its not even money being spent on her, whenever she and I go out, we usually split the bill 50/50 but I am trying to be conservative with my money yet she seems to blow all hers. She always tells me I need to "stop being so paranoid about money" and to just have fun

You think I should break it off? I really love this girl and we both think it can work, but Im not 100% sure
Then change. And that is a horrible way to think.

Other than that, there is not enough information to tell. If she isn't listening to what you are saying to her, that's bad. But I don't know how "joking" she is.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
she said I needed to "keep an eye" on her because she had left a previous bf for "this guy who was such a badass" and that if she went out and met a cool enough guy, she'd basically leave me for him.
If that didn't tell you all you need to know, nothing will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships