Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Muffin, I looked at your pictures and you are lovely. I hate being so shallow and judgmental but but your 'honey' scares me.
"Dead" eyes in all the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin02090 View Post
i wana to tell that behaviour of my fiancee has changed in much better way. we made rule to discuss every subject which makes worry one of us. cos we have the one aim - be together and have family.

i understand that we need time to live together and get used more to each other's habits and etc. i believe we will do it too, cos big feeling of love manage our hearts and minds.
Good luck and please remain cautious, take your time.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
There is no true personal freedom in a marriage. How can there be? In most scenarios, one has to tell their spouse where they go, how money is spent, what their general life needs at any given time, etc.

This being said, I agree that in any relationship there should be some ground rules. I think both positions in this case are understandable in truth. A spouse should hold a right to know what the other is doing, but this should not go into excess to the point of stifling.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
"Dead" eyes in all the pics.
Man I was thinking this same thing.

Good luck OP. You do sound like you love him...just be careful...and take your time.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
I saw the pics too. Wow. That guy looks scary. I usually can tell when someone has what I call a "soft" face. This guy does not have a soft face. Soft faces to me signal compassion, love, understanding. You know, I go with my gut and I am usually right. This guy looks like he might have a bad temper. Please don't take offense at this muffin, we are all trying to look out for you.
((hugs)) back at you

Old 10-26-2010, 01:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin02090 View Post
so, people, please explain me whts normal for american people? how should i do? maybe im really wrong cos i think in russian way? i wana to udnerstand and make right desicion, i wana be wise woman.. at least i try..
There is a lot of differences in opinion here in America on this subject.

I would say that the majority of people believe that individuals in a marriage should be able to have their own independent interests and friends.

However, other people believe that this can lead to trouble.

I had an ex-girlfriend who insisted that any group I was a member of was merely an avenue for me to try and date other people.

I suggest you chalk this up to "getting to know" your love interest, and be happy that you learned this about him before you were in too deep.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:01 AM

23 posts, read 39,557 times
to CTR36,
ChessieMom,
Stt Resident and some others

please respect person, whom you dont know at all.. and dont write such discribes as "scary", "died eyes" and etc.
this person didnt make anythign bad to all of you and his looking on photos does not give you right to make such conclusions.
with such comments you made bad to me also.
im sure no one of us are super model on photos and if all of you will be in my shoes, you feel the same.

im kind of dissapointed to get such posts from you.
you can think everything what you wana, just so rude comments stay with urself please..

Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I think that you need to be more into your relationship with him, and meet his friends, and nieghbors, attend church, go to school, get a job, you will meet people. You don't need to go online to meet people and socialize. He probably thinks that you are looking for other men. If I was in a relationship with someone, and he was online looking for people to hang out with, that would offend me too.

Give your relationship a chance before you start looking for others to meet.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Muffin, it's nothing to do with whether or not someone is good-looking, handsome or anything else superficial. Many people believe that the eyes are the window to the soul and that much can be told from a person's "look". Those (myself included) who commented on your boyfriend's eyes and expression were simply making an observation because their impact upon us was strong enough to compel us to suggest you be cautious. If caring enough to urge caution is disappointing or rude in your opinion, then so be it. Remember, you were the one who originally posted asking for opinions on this relationship ... Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships