Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:20 PM

389 posts, read 776,612 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I don't read the Bible much. I have read bits & pieces here & there, but not too much. I do know that God loves his children on Earth with unconditional love. He's the father, which is spiritually the same thing as your parents on Earth. I can't explain hell @ all. Not even exactly sure if I believe in hell. But I cann explain ghosts. I believe in those. It's a way for God to punish those who did wrong. Just like parents. Parents might punish they're kids, but they always love them no matter what.

Jessie (sorry J Sizzle if that Jessie crap crossed the line. haha)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 01:53 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Well golly ma'am I mean no troubles. I'm a just a pickin and a grinnin and a drinkin and a postin on this here box. I mean no ills as I'm sure you have a purty mouth. If you reckon it a will make ya feel better, we can share a bucket of moonshine and eat crickets and chew tobaccy!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
I don't think human beings are capable to love each other unconditionally. The closest that comes to unconditional love is love between a mother and a child, but even then it's not always unconditional.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:47 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think a parents love is the closest you can get to true unconditional love. As much as I love my parents, and my BF...nothing on this earth shines as brightly for me, as my son. That's not to say that there is nothing he can do wrong. Lord we've been there done that. But he's the one that could go the furthest away, and remain the closest in my heart.
Yet another great answer from CheesieMom that reasonates with me the most.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM

I know when I have kids, I'll never stop lovin' them. I'll be the mother who disciplines, but I'll always unconditionally love my children. I'm positive that when someone is a parent, nothing in the whole world means more than their kids. So even if my son or daughter does the unthinkable & pisses me off to the breaking point I'll always love 'em & always be open to forgive 'em for whatever. That's what unconditional love is. I can't think of a single thing I could do to make my Mama stop lovin' me. That ain't possible.

Jessie

Old 07-29-2010, 03:09 PM

Now that that's said, J Sizzle that's a Southern redneck you just immitated. I ain't Southern. haha, sorry cowboy. Try again. This time, don't be so mean. It hurts my feelings. hahahahahahahahaha

Here's a tip: Cowgirls ain't hillbillies. My appologies to anyone who's bothered by this childish arguement, but I'm gonna start on the road for a week come tonight & I need to vent. haha

Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl

Yodel-layee-ayodel-layee-yodelayee-tee!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:19 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I believe in unconditional love from my parents and my pets. That's about it.

I think otherwise love is just tolerant love.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Not sure if any of you agree with this but I believe the only unconditional love comes mainly from your parents esp. one's mother. There is nothing more powerful than that type of love. No one else will be patient or tolerance the same way they are. You can be crappy at times but they still love you.

However, with others it will be conditioned love. Even a dog (they are tolerant and loyal animals but up to a certain limit) will snap at you if you abused it for so long so it won't care if you're his/her owner.

An example would be Joran Vander Sloop's mother. Her son is still her ''baby'' in her eyes even after what he did to the Peruvian woman. She still claims her son is not a monster like the media has him as.

If you lie or cheat on your spouse it's over. With your parents (mother mainly) is not.
Loving unconditionally does not mean you tolerate bad behavior. You can rebuke someone for doing wrong but still love them and love them unconditionally. Just because a spouse leaves their partner for infidelity doesn't mean they don't still love them. As a partner I've both loved and felt loved, unconditionally, even though we both recognized and disliked certain of one another's flaws.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
It appears some posters equate "love" and "like." I can love you to pieces, but that does not mean I would condone your bad behavior and like you for it.

If a mother punishes her child - for example, even to the point of kicking an abusive, drug-addicted teen out of the home - it does not mean her love for the child has ceased. She could be angry at the child, disappointed in the child and very much disliking the child at the time, but she would not necessarily stop loving the child. Ever heard of tough love, severely punishing a child for its own good? Now, I am not saying the majority of parents unconditionally love their children. I'm just saying it's possible. And I don't see it as a weakness.

One of my favorite examples of a person who loves others unconditionally is this. In 1985, a 15-year-old girl, Paula Cooper, and a friend brutally murdered a defenseless Bible school teacher in her Gary, Indiana home. Ms. Cooper stabbed the 78-year-old victim 33 times. The victim's son, a Christian man who believes in God's unconditional love for all people, forgave Ms. Cooper and visited her in prison. The story is much longer than this, but it just goes to show that unconditional love by humans is possible, though rare. I would aspire to be as loving as that man is.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:33 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
It appears some posters equate "love" and "like." I can love you to pieces, but that does not mean I would condone your bad behavior and like you for it.

If a mother punishes her child - for example, even to the point of kicking an abusive, drug-addicted teen out of the home - it does not mean her love for the child has ceased. She could be angry at the child, disappointed in the child and very much disliking the child at the time, but she would not necessarily stop loving the child. Ever heard of tough love, severely punishing a child for its own good? Now, I am not saying the majority of parents unconditionally love their children. I'm just saying it's possible. And I don't see it as a weakness.

One of my favorite examples of a person who loves others unconditionally is this. In 1985, a 15-year-old girl, Paula Cooper, and a friend brutally murdered a defenseless Bible school teacher in her Gary, Indiana home. Ms. Cooper stabbed the 78-year-old victim 33 times. The victim's son, a Christian man who believes in God's unconditional love for all people, forgave Ms. Cooper and visited her in prison. The story is much longer than this, but it just goes to show that unconditional love by humans is possible, though rare. I would aspire to be as loving as that man is.
That could also be forgiveness rather than unconditional love. I've forgiven for some horrendous things and didn't necessarily love the person/persons I forgave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships