Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirly View Post
please don't call me a psycho because the song was written just before we got together. so it should be ok, i know. BUT...
we're together for 2 years. i used to hear a lot about her in the begining of our relationship and sometimes all till now obviously, and plus hearing him play that special song for her, got me a little bit fed up. it's not bitter, it's a praise.

what i find disturbing is that i tried to love the song and even sing it with him, and then this...
yes i wonder what is going on. what strikes me is he went to the club (he's a musican) pissed of probably thinking i'm jealous. and he is not contacting me, is he trying to guilt trip me?!
i don't wanna be the other girl and be insecure thanks to him.
what is he trying to do anyway?
yes i'm thinking about breaking up...
if he's not apologizing for putting you through that, esspecially after you expressed your concerns, then he isn't concerned about your feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 PM

34 posts, read 66,730 times
This actually sounds a little sick. 1st you are singing the song. the song needs to be buried. 2nd you are both singing the song. He is playing you and his self thinking he doesn't want to be with her anymore. It sounds like he wants to be with both of you making love and singing the song at the same time. He needs to either make a better song about you or you can all sing the song together

Old 07-30-2010, 02:13 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirly View Post
my boyfriend wrote a song for a girl he fell in love with and named it after her.
when i confronted my boyfriend about this, and said i didn't want to go to the club then if it was about this. he didn't want to talk to me and just left there without me.
I wasn't being rude or jealous, i felt disrespected.
what should i do?

Wait!! He ditched you at a club? What a guy! DUMP him! Although, kinda sounds like already dumped you, so it might not be necessary.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:08 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Somebody made a song about me, it's called "Smelly Cat".
What are they feeding you?

Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Yes your friend still has feelings for his ex.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
What are they feeding you?
It wasn't Fancy Feast, I tell you that much!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 AM

40 posts, read 60,798 times
i'll dump him. yes, if he hasn't already did it. whatever.
would you call this emotional cheating? well obviously...

Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
What should you do? Nothing. You need to move on, and let him have his little fantasies about his ex along with his song.
That was asking alot of you to even go to the club that she works at. Gezzz..whats up with that? Let alone...singing the song in front of her. Good luck!

Good advice.

In answer to earlier question, yes, he still has feelings for her.
I believe that if you ever really love someone, you always will.
But, everything changes, evolves.

Dump this guy, find someone who will commit to you, without
strings. You are worth it!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:42 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,215 times
I'm sorry he mistreated you like that. It's horrible that someone would ask you to sing a love song with him TO a physically present ex. It's worse that he would then get angry at you for not wanting to participate.

I'm glad you've decided to lose him. Also, when someone goes on and on about their ex (good or bad) at the beginning of a relationship with you, it means they are not ready for another relationship.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
That is very wrong of him. If he's in a relationship with you, he shouldn't be writing romantic songs about anyone else. If he wants to write a generic love song and leave the meaning ambiguous, then that's one thing. But to openly write a song about a past love is unforgivable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships