Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
What happened to the 43-year-old? Did she find your posts about women on here? Or did she *gasp* sleep with you before the fifth date?
Didn't you see his post above. She actually wanted to spend more time with him so he labeled her "clingy" and now it's just not gonna work out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Does anybody here feel like dating is a waste of time? When I think about all the people I have met and dated since the beginning of the year, I can't find one person that I would consider "relationship material" and that I am still interested in.

Even the people that I was friends with benefits with, I am not even interested in them anymore because I felt like I lowered my standards and honestly, none of these experiences were that great and I am sick of these random hookups and strictly physical encounters that basically lead me nowhere

I have met most of my girlfriends when I was not looking for anybody, either at a party, or at a new job, etc. When I think about all the money I have wasted on dates lately that led to nothing I would call, quality time, it feels like a total waste of time!
Just my opinion but I think you need to step back, re-evaluate your priorities, and develop a system. Take it step by step and adhere as much as possible.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:56 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Didn't you see his post above. She actually wanted to spend more time with him so he labeled her "clingy" and now it's just not gonna work out
I missed it.

And now I just read it.

Repub, I don't know how to tell you my thoughts on this without getting permabanned.

Suffice to say that getting bent out of shape because a woman dared to want to spend quality time with you--and judging from your post I can only imagine the way you reacted--has got to be the dumbest, nastiest, meanest, most self-centered, self-absorbed, selfish, immature, childish, juvenile, CLASSLESS thing I have seen on this board in a very long time.

Really. The word "sphincter" comes to mind right about now.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Thanks for trying to kill my thread, I didnt even think it was funny, sorta of a trailer park kind of humor, like I said, not a fan of vulgar, classless, trashy, scandalous women
Oh gosh, you're right Pub! I forgot that I was dealing with a real class act here. So sorry.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:08 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
This forum is full of haters, naysayers and some very frustrated people. I don't understand what is wrong with me wanting some personal space, I don't think going fishing with someone I hardly know would be a very good thing, it would be like inviting a guy you just met to a Tupperware party. When I go fishing, I like to sit and relax, it is a time to reflect, and I don't want anybody with me, period!

Nevermind the fact that we had our first date on a Thu night, and saw each other again on Fri night, all I wanted was the Sat to have some time for myself and honestly, I didnt feel like talking to anybody, texting anybody that Sat, as a hard-working individual, I feel like I am entitled to have a day for myself to do whatever I choose to do.

I am very turned off by people who show any signs of clinginess and I can't help it!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
This forum is full of haters, naysayers and some very frustrated people. I don't understand what is wrong with me wanting some personal space, I don't think going fishing with someone I hardly know would be a very good thing, it would be like inviting a guy you just met to a Tupperware party. When I go fishing, I like to sit and relax, it is a time to reflect, and I don't want anybody with me, period!

Nevermind the fact that we had our first date on a Thu night, and saw each other again on Fri night, all I wanted was the Sat to have some time for myself and honestly, I didnt feel like talking to anybody, texting anybody that Sat, as a hard-working individual, I feel like I am entitled to have a day for myself to do whatever I choose to do.

I am very turned off by people who show any signs of clinginess and I can't help it!
you did not mention fishing b4. if you had said that upfront your post would have been much easier to follow.
you are a righteous man, tell her to put the tackle in the truck and get outa the way. if she wants to help she can pack you a lunch.
on the ligher side, what do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes
nothing
i already told her twice.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
This forum is full of haters, naysayers and some very frustrated people.
Yes, as with any online community. And the same can be said of society in general. It's life. Nobody seriously expects you to suddenly have a lightbulb moment because of a post, but you have to expect that when you ask a question, you'll get more than just a bunch of "Yes men (and women)". What's the saying? Take what you can, and toss back the rest? If 99.9% of everything said here is not working for you, then disregard. It's that simple.

Quote:
I don't understand what is wrong with me wanting some personal space,
Nothing wrong at all with that. I am one of those women who needs my space, and have dated some "clingy" men in the past. I think most people are the same. It's healthy to have your alone time just to step back and reevaluate. Nothing wrong with setting boundaries on this issue; in fact, I think you HAVE to. The problem as I'm seeing it is that in the context of your previous threads and posts, you don't seem to even really like women much at all. You have a chip on your shoulder. You say most of us are trashy, vulgar, fat, covered in tattooes, too quick to have sex, whatever. I'm none of those things, but I still found the comments abrasive.

Quote:
I don't think going fishing with someone I hardly know would be a very good thing, it would be like inviting a guy you just met to a Tupperware party. When I go fishing, I like to sit and relax, it is a time to reflect, and I don't want anybody with me, period!
Again, nothing wrong with needing your own space to think and reflect. If fishing is your thing, then that should be something your partner should respect; however, she does seem to be interested in you, so maybe if you just told her "Not this time, but we can go fishing some other time, if it's something you enjoy." Common interests are great. And, I happen to enjoy fishing. MUCH MORE SO than a Tupperware party (are we back in the 1970s?)

Quote:
Totally reasonable. It's very frustrating when you've just met someone and they want to talk, text, call, see you, IM you every hour on the hour. Both men and women can do this. Perhaps if you approach the subject with her by saying you think things are moving too quickly, and you'd like to slow down so you (or the woman in question) don't get too emotionally invested, while you're still trying to figure out how you feel. I had to say this to a guy a couple weeks ago. He admitted that he tends to be overeager to see where a relationship is headed, and I had to tell him that I tend to get freaked out by that kind of stuff, so just keep it light for a while. Didn't work, but was worth a shot. =P

Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:

Just stay single. There's nothing wrong with being single.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:19 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:

A grown-up would have only to say, "Actually, why don't we get together next week? It's not that I don't want to be with you. It's just that fishing is my time to unwind [like something she has told you she does to unwind]," not
Quote:
I was like ABSOLUTELY NOT, if there is something I like to do by myself is fishing and I would never bring some woman along, especially if I have only seen her a couple times, sorry but women and catfish don't mix!
and basically freaking out like a baby when his binky falls out of his mouth. "MY time alone! MY time! MIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNE! WAH WAH WAH WAH!"

And "some woman?" No, a grown man and mature adult wouldn't quite say it that way.

Going by your posts here, your whole attitude about women and relationships sucks more than a Hoover.

And as for frustration, not I, kid. I have a great relationship. You're the one whining day in and day out about the women who are stupid enough to sleep with you.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM

936 posts, read 2,060,440 times
Quote:

Youcan have all the time alone you like. Keep treating women like that, and they'll see to it you have plenty of time alone. I hope you were more tactful in telling her she souldn't come along than how you described it earlier. But the pattern of behavior is more interesting.....

She wants to spend time with you ---> "she's clingy"
She sleeps with you ---> "she's easy"

Sounds like you have a really low opinion of people who seem to like you.

So what's so horrible about you that makes you think badly of people who like you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships