Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 AM

40 posts, read 60,769 times

Advertisements

my boyfriend wrote a song for a girl he fell in love with and named it after her.
as his current girlfriend i didn't feel comfortable with him playing the song with words that express his love to her.
he said it doesn't mean that anymore and when he sings it he thinks about me. so i sing it with him. he said he wanted me to sing it on his record too.
one day he invited me out in a club where his ex girlfriend works. he said he would like to see her so we could both sing the song about her on his album.
i felt insulted and i felt he lied about how he didn't have feelings for her anymore playing that nostalgic song.
does he love me and not her, for sure? they were together 2 years ago and she cheated on her boyfriend to be with him.
when i confronted my boyfriend about this, and said i didn't want to go to the club then if it was about this. he didn't want to talk to me and just left there without me.
I wasn't being rude or jealous, i felt disrespected.
what should i do?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 05:42 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
What should you do? Nothing. You need to move on, and let him have his little fantasies about his ex along with his song.
That was asking alot of you to even go to the club that she works at. Gezzz..whats up with that? Let alone...singing the song in front of her. Good luck!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:52 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Somebody made a song about me, it's called "Smelly Cat".

Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
When did he write the song? Was it when he was with her or now? If latter, then I think he still have feelings for her and you have every right to feel the way you do.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
People are always going to have some sort of feelings for old lovers, as long as he treats you well & is this open about his past relationship, get over it!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 AM

301 posts, read 827,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
People are always going to have some sort of feelings for old lovers, as long as he treats you well & is this open about his past relationship, get over it!
I agree for sure. But, he's crossing the line by going to where she works and singing a song that both he, the ex, and the OP know was written for the ex. That's begging for trouble .

Maybe you need to have a heart to heart with your bf. Let him know how you feel. It's possible that he wants to get back with her. How long have the two of you been dating? Maybe you need to give him some time to reexamine his feelings for the two of you.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Sounds like he's using you to try and prove something to her. He's either trying to show her that how much he loved her, and maybe still does, and perhaps thinks he can spark some jealousy in her by singing this song together with you where she works. Is this song in praise of her, or is it one of those bitter love songs? Either way, you're boyfriend sounds a little goofy to me.

I don't about most people, but if my S.O. wrote a love song about a former lover from two years ago using his name in the title, I'd have to wonder where her heart was.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:33 AM

850 posts, read 1,546,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirly View Post
my boyfriend wrote a song for a girl he fell in love with and named it after her.
as his current girlfriend i didn't feel comfortable with him playing the song with words that express his love to her.
he said it doesn't mean that anymore and when he sings it he thinks about me. so i sing it with him. he said he wanted me to sing it on his record too.
one day he invited me out in a club where his ex girlfriend works. he said he would like to see her so we could both sing the song about her on his album.
i felt insulted and i felt he lied about how he didn't have feelings for her anymore playing that nostalgic song.
does he love me and not her, for sure? they were together 2 years ago and she cheated on her boyfriend to be with him.
when i confronted my boyfriend about this, and said i didn't want to go to the club then if it was about this. he didn't want to talk to me and just left there without me.
I wasn't being rude or jealous, i felt disrespected.
what should i do?
You sat there and took that crap? Quit fooling yourself and move on. I don't care what he says, its a song written for someone else, and about someone else. Why is he singing it now? That's sh-- that should be left in the past. How would he like it if you were hanging out with your ex-boyfriend?

Do yourself a favor: LEAVE

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

40 posts, read 60,769 times
please don't call me a psycho because the song was written just before we got together. so it should be ok, i know. BUT...
we're together for 2 years. i used to hear a lot about her in the begining of our relationship and sometimes all till now obviously, and plus hearing him play that special song for her, got me a little bit fed up. it's not bitter, it's a praise.

what i find disturbing is that i tried to love the song and even sing it with him, and then this...
yes i wonder what is going on. what strikes me is he went to the club (he's a musican) pissed of probably thinking i'm jealous. and he is not contacting me, is he trying to guilt trip me?!
i don't wanna be the other girl and be insecure thanks to him.
what is he trying to do anyway?
yes i'm thinking about breaking up...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
If nothing else, he is being very insensitive to your feelings. It does, however, sound like he is using you to get to his ex. Why else would he want the two of you to sing a song he wrote for her where she works? That is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships