Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 02:00 PM

84 posts, read 37,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxplayer View Post
Hey there, I started dating my ex-girlfriend when I was 21 going on 22. She was 41 going on 42. We dated for a year and a half and recently broke up, like just a few days ago. But, I just wanted to say that we weren't all about the sex. Sure we did have sex quite often, but to me it never was about that. I loved our sex. However, sex wasn't the number one thing to me, not even close. She was always my best friend before she was my girlfriend. Just spending time with her was what I looked forward to. Even if it was a beer on the patio or a 10 minute car ride to get Taco Bell. I enjoyed her presence more than anything. I don't want to get too emotional, but I miss it a lot. I miss my best friend.

Ah yes at 23 when you probably started looking like more of an adult, she lost interest and broke up. Maybe she found a bar where they let people under 21 in. Now the guys in their early 20s aren't sexy anymore.

You think I'm joking, but I've seriously seen women in their 40s who think guys are hottest in their teens and guys in their 20s aren't as hot.

Last edited by jokaa; 05-15-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 04:58 PM

946 posts, read 566,826 times
When I was 19, I was at an after hours club and made out with a 38 year old woman. We were both drunk and I did not go out with her after.

That is as far as I would go with a woman of that age gap.

Old 05-16-2020, 04:47 AM

600 posts, read 255,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I didn't pose this ? for women since it's not too uncommon to see men dating women 20 plus years younger than them.....
however, I suppose, women who have dated someone 20 years younger than them can have an opinion or story.
I'm trying it right now. Great, classy lady, but I admit, it feels a little creepy.
Mainly since she's only 5 months younger than my aunt, who was like a 2nd or 3rd mom to me and younger than one of my Mom's best friends (at the time) and was, again like a second Mom to me too (at the time).
When I first met her, I thought we were only 10 years apart max.
Other than that (the age difference), so far, there isn't anything I can't manage in this fairly new relationship (haven't put the BF/GF label on it though yet.).....
However, that, again, the age gap, it something I'm really obsessing about and struggling with....
Experiences, thoughts?
Why would it feel creepy to date a woman who is 20 years older than you? There's plenty of attractive women out there who take care of themselves. When I was 18, I started seeing this woman. I thought she was 21 because she was hanging out with a group of early 20s women, and she looked to be 21, 22 tops.

Turns out she was 37.

The age difference didn't turn me off. In fact it made me feel appreciated and attractive, because this woman could she have any man she wanted, and she chose me.

Besides, she had a car, her own house, and it was nice to be treated to nice dinners. Most women who were my age when I was 18 lived with their parents, didn't have a car, and couldn't afford to take me to Mcdonalds let alone some fine-dining restauraunt.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helw View Post
Why would it feel creepy to date a woman who is 20 years older than you? There's plenty of attractive women out there who take care of themselves. When I was 18, I started seeing this woman. I thought she was 21 because she was hanging out with a group of early 20s women, and she looked to be 21, 22 tops.

Turns out she was 37.

The age difference didn't turn me off. In fact it made me feel appreciated and attractive, because this woman could she have any man she wanted, and she chose me.

Besides, she had a car, her own house, and it was nice to be treated to nice dinners. Most women who were my age when I was 18 lived with their parents, didn't have a car, and couldn't afford to take me to Mcdonalds let alone some fine-dining restauraunt.

If the genders were reversed, people would call this relationship creepy and predatory.

Personally, I am fine with big age differences regardless of gender, but not necessarily when we are talking about 18-21 year olds. As an attractive 37 year old woman, she should be able to get any guy she wants, which includes of a wide variety of ages, so why does she have to date an 18 year old? To me that smells like someone who has hebophilic tendencies and perhaps they are going for 18 year olds who look young for their age so they can emulate that hebophilic relationship that they fantasize about.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 AM

600 posts, read 255,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokaa View Post
If the genders were reversed, people would call this relationship creepy and predatory.

Personally, I am fine with big age differences regardless of gender, but not necessarily when we are talking about 18-21 year olds. As an attractive 37 year old woman, she should be able to get any guy she wants, which includes of a wide variety of ages, so why does she have to date an 18 year old? To me that smells like someone who has hebophilic tendencies and perhaps they are going for 18 year olds who look young for their age so they can emulate that hebophilic relationship that they fantasize about.

I'm not interested in getting married. I'm not interested in co-habitation. I'm not interested in having biological(or adoptive children). I'm in my 30s. Most women I come across my own age, slightly younger, and slightly older, are either women who are already married, or women who are interested in the life goals that I am not interested in.

So what do I do? I hook-up with women who are 10+ years younger than me. I've never been called creepy. Women have better things to do than to wonder why I'm dating a younger woman. It's all in your head, bro. And even if there are women in their 30s and 40s and 50s who don't like that a man their own age is dating someone much younger than him - what is it to you?

Do those people pay your mortgage? Buy your food? Pay for your health insurance?

No?

So who cares.

You lost me at ''she can have any guy she wants''.

No woman no matter how young and hot she is can ''get any man she wants''.

Back in college I met plenty of very attractive young women who were single because guys wouldn't approach them and they were too lazy to approach the guys instead. I met a lot of physically attractive women in their 30s, who also happened to look like they were in their early 20s, and they also couldn't get every man they wanted, or most of them, and it's not like a woman being able to have casual sex easily means the sex is going to be good for her.

Lots of guys who partake in casual sex don't bother making it enjoyable for the woman. That goes for men in their early 20s and men in their 50s.

Dude. Chill. Now you're calling women who like young men mentally ill?

Sure, bro, I guess all of the women who wanted to sleep with 21 year old Leonardo Dicaprio were creeps.

That's gonna be a big yikes from me my man. I'm starting to figure out why you don't have the love life that you desire.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:40 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
I never dated this woman, but I did flirt with a 41 year old woman at a bar once when I was 23 (I'm 24 going on 25 now). I met her at a bar in Brooklyn during a weekend trip to NYC from Philly. We started talking to each other while in line for the bathroom. Eventually, she bought me a drink and we continued to talk for almost an hour. Being 23, I thought that there would be the potential to make out with her at least, and potentially getting some in the best case scenario. It didn't even seem to bother her when I mentioned my age!

We never ended up hooking up, as her friends eventually pulled her away.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:45 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I never dated this woman, but I did flirt with a 41 year old woman at a bar once when I was 23 (I'm 24 going on 25 now). I met her at a bar in Brooklyn during a weekend trip to NYC from Philly. We started talking to each other while in line for the bathroom. Eventually, she bought me a drink and we continued to talk for almost an hour. Being 23, I thought that there would be the potential to make out with her at least, and potentially getting some in the best case scenario. It didn't even seem to bother her when I mentioned my age!

We never ended up hooking up, as her friends eventually pulled her away.
How did you know she was 41?

Old 05-20-2020, 08:55 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How did you know she was 41?
It came up in conversation. She was telling me about her life and what she does when she let her age slip. I had a strong hunch that she was older than me, but she looked like she was in her late 20s/early 30s rather than early 40s!

Not trying to brag, but that doesn't really surprise me since I've always seemed to have had luck with older women. I'm not in the market anymore since I'm dating the girl of my dreams, but I did pretty well with ladies in their early/mid 30s when I was actively dating prior to February 2019.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:15 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times

Old 05-21-2020, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helw View Post

Dude. Chill. Now you're calling women who like young men mentally ill?

Sure, bro, I guess all of the women who wanted to sleep with 21 year old Leonardo Dicaprio were creeps.

That's gonna be a big yikes from me my man. I'm starting to figure out why you don't have the love life that you desire.

If a woman has a fixation on teenage boys and very young men who look like teenage boys, then yes that is a mental illness called ephebophillia.

There is a difference between a woman in her 30s being attracted to some 18-21 year olds in addition to more age-appropriate men and a woman in her 30s being so fixated on teens that she will go date 18 year olds rather than the multitudes of grown post-adolescent men in their 20s and 30s available to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships