Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I didn't pose this ? for women since it's not too uncommon to see men dating women 20 plus years younger than them.....
however, I suppose, women who have dated someone 20 years younger than them can have an opinion or story.
I'm trying it right now. Great, classy lady, but I admit, it feels a little creepy.
Mainly since she's only 5 months younger than my aunt, who was like a 2nd or 3rd mom to me and younger than one of my Mom's best friends (at the time) and was, again like a second Mom to me too (at the time).
When I first met her, I thought we were only 10 years apart max.
Other than that (the age difference), so far, there isn't anything I can't manage in this fairly new relationship (haven't put the BF/GF label on it though yet.).....
However, that, again, the age gap, it something I'm really obsessing about and struggling with....
Experiences, thoughts?

went through a "phase" roughly 5 / 6 years ago where thats all i seemed to attract. i was 24 / 25 and dated 3 different women within a 2 year period who were all 20 years plus older than me. in fact all 3 were very late 40s. never felt like a "2nd mom". all 3 were really fun to be with. all very active and liked similar things as i.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
went through a "phase" roughly 5 / 6 years ago where thats all i seemed to attract. i was 24 / 25 and dated 3 different women within a 2 year period who were all 20 years plus older than me. in fact all 3 were very late 40s. never felt like a "2nd mom". all 3 were really fun to be with. all very active and liked similar things as i.
I can see that easily happening, especially if your group of friends also vary in age. I have a group of friends, poker, trivia pursuit, bar game friends that vary in age from early 20s to 50s. I dated down about 14 years within the group, 39 vs 25. There have been other relationships within the same group that varied in age too.

Now, if all of your friends were early 20s and all of her friends were late 40s I couldn't seeing it work so well!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
I've never had a real relationship with anyone 20 years older than me, but I used to sleep with a woman who was that much older.(meaning she was twice my age at the time)

It was nice, she was experienced and all, the best part was that she didn't act hard to get or anything, she said what she was thinking, and so did I so there wasn't any messing around with "I wonder how I should do now" etc.
We met, we ****ed, had a good time, maybe watched a movie or whatever, and ****ed eachother again...
best arrangement I've ever been in.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I've never had a real relationship with anyone 20 years older than me, but I used to sleep with a woman who was that much older.(meaning she was twice my age at the time)

It was nice, she was experienced and all, the best part was that she didn't act hard to get or anything, she said what she was thinking, and so did I so there wasn't any messing around with "I wonder how I should do now" etc.
We met, we ****ed, had a good time, maybe watched a movie or whatever, and ****ed eachother again...
Hey thats a "Real relationship" just a short one. You went to Movies and everything. I do find it refreshing when a woman knows what she wants and goes for it.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
20 years older than ME? Aint gonna happen. Slim pickins at the nursing home!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Sounds like the movie "The Summer of '42."

Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I know, but men are just not nurturers... Many of them even leave wives of the same age or younger when they get ill! They're simply more selfish. Also, many of them do age better. I just have hard time picturing a man at 50 and a woman at 70... A good-looking man and/or a man who has a lot to offer at 50 can get women in their 30s or even 20s!
But your average 50 year old man is no Bruce Willis in the looks department. So it is not like the average 50 year old man is getting plenty of sex from women in their 20s and 30s, unless that average 50 year old man is lowering his standards and going for ugly/fat women in their 20s and 30s.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
But your average 50 year old man is no Bruce Willis in the looks department. So it is not like the average 50 year old man is getting plenty of sex from women in their 20s and 30s, unless that average 50 year old man is lowering his standards and going for ugly/fat women in their 20s and 30s.
True - these specimens are few and far between, but when they're good... they're GOOD!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:05 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
I was in a short relationship with a lady that was about 20 years older. It lasted only about two years, but I found out there was nothing that lady wouldn't do or hadn't already tried. I learned a lot from her, we parted ways only because she started bossing me around. She was one hot momma who could outlast me at almost anything, she was always asking for more and seemed to never tire.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Was it better with her teeth out? Or in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships