Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I'm guessing he thinks you like to play games and even though you "cut him off" (I'm taking that to mean no sex ), you still let him come over, cook dinners for him, let him watch movies and play video games. So I bet he figures he either won't be cut off for much longer or even if he were to remain cut off, he can enjoy your hospitality and still get some on the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I really enjoy his company.

I guess I really do need to seperate from him, I am just going to keep falling for him more and more....

I am feeling the sting just thinking about him not being around.

Why did I have to fall for a player.... my first time being "played" and I don't think I want to ever try it again.

It hurts.

Do they do this to get back at women because someone else hurt them in the past or something?
robee said it well, he is just hoping you will wear down after awhile and be back in bed with him.

men are not that deep, they are not doing it to get back at you they are doing it to get back into bed with you. simple as that.

you should examine what it is you like and enjoy about him. he has already proved to you he is dishonest and selfish. if he is not a great person why would you even want to be his friend. you really are sending him mixed messages if you are allowing him to visit and buy you things.
doing that is really game playing yourself and now you are making moves out of his playbook. live a real honest life if that is the kind of man you want. other wise take him for what he is and don't expect much from him and expect hurt to be a part of your relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
robee said it well, he is just hoping you will wear down after awhile and be back in bed with him.

men are not that deep, they are not doing it to get back at you they are doing it to get back into bed with you. simple as that.

you should examine what it is you like and enjoy about him. he has already proved to you he is dishonest and selfish. if he is not a great person why would you even want to be his friend. you really are sending him mixed messages if you are allowing him to visit and buy you things.
doing that is really game playing yourself and now you are making moves out of his playbook. live a real honest life if that is the kind of man you want. other wise take him for what he is and don't expect much from him and expect hurt to be a part of your relationship.

Yes, I think I was just a bit lonley from moving to the city, so I have even lowered my standards for friends.

All of this confusion was caused by that exactly.

I am gonna have to gulp up the lonley until I meet some quality people, and not lower my standards anymore, because lowering my standards, seems to have lowered ME.

I am glad to have slowly digested some of this stuff I am learning.

It may be a bit of a delayed reaction, but I think a lot is actually sinking in.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Yes, I think I was just a bit lonley from moving to the city, so I have even lowered my standards for friends.

All of this confusion was caused by that exactly.

I am gonna have to gulp up the lonley until I meet some quality people, and not lower my standards anymore, because lowering my standards, seems to have lowered ME.

I am glad to have slowly digested some of this stuff I am learning.

It may be a bit of a delayed reaction, but I think a lot is actually sinking in.
Not to worry its hard to digest all at once. Some of the posts haven't been the kindest and brutally honest. I was a late bloomer and once as naive as you..I was married really young and came from a"weird" background that I wont expound on, it took a life altering experience to wake me up. Quality doesn't necessarily equate to social standing, education or economic level.
When what someone says and what they do don't match up, you can't trust them....you're smart enough to figure that out.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Not to worry its hard to digest all at once. Some of the posts haven't been the kindest and brutally honest. I was a late bloomer and once as naive as you..I was married really young and came from a"weird" background that I wont expound on, it took a life altering experience to wake me up. Quality doesn't necessarily equate to social standing, education or economic level.
When what someone says and what they do don't match up, you can't trust them....you're smart enough to figure that out.

I feel suprisingly relieved.

Like I have been able to get my self repect back, and also rembering, that I was perfectly happy before just on my own.

I never felt lonley, until I had someone to miss.

Now I realise he wasn't worth missing, so that feeling of lonleyness even went away.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM

wow. Life is sure a lot more calm and balanced now that that is all over with..... feuf! I feel like a different person, and that was just barley a week ago???

I guess that guy was like what they call in the artis's way, a "crazy maker" lol...

Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,548,818 times
Quote:
If a guy keeps calling and texting all day, IM on the computer and emailing, comming over to make dinners, watch movies, play video games etc, even though he has been cut-off and knows he isn't getting any anymore, what exactly is he doing???

What the heck does he want from me???

Is this a game, is he trying to get me to want him?

He keeps trying to tempt me.....is this some trick?
Why do you repeatly invite him into your home? He's a stalker and should be reported to the authorities. Do you really want simpathy from us, I don't think so, your allowing this to happen to you, accept the concequences!!! I hope your name isn't in the papers some day!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Your place has a bigger tv to play his video games on.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 PM

It's all over now... life is nice and quiet again, back on my cleanse, back in the gym, going to bed nice and early again etc...lol, what a difference one persons influence can have on your life!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:22 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Authorities don't perceive it as stalking when you open the door and let them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
Why do you repeatly invite him into your home? He's a stalker and should be reported to the authorities. Do you really want simpathy from us, I don't think so, your allowing this to happen to you, accept the concequences!!! I hope your name isn't in the papers some day!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,548,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

hothulamaul you said it much nicer than I did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships