Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
She does like to drink, but I can't even say how often as I don't see her every time I'm out. I don't know much about her high school years. She's kind of private, doesn't talk much as far as details. She'll make comments about how she's lived more life than people twice her age, been through a lot, that kind of thing.
I guarantee theres something there, if her associations have been sketchy, and she comes from dysfunction she probably doesn't know any differently.

Edited..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times
Quote:
MattB - I really don't see how any of this, or even the combination of it all, qualifies her as a sociopath.

I do agree there are takers, but I'm not really sure that she is a taker. I think she is not ashamed to accept help, even from someone who she knows has an interest in her. There are plenty of women who won't accept the help because they'd feel they owe him - much like the women who won't let a man pay for her meal because she doesn't want him thinking he's going to get laid. Kudos to her for accepting the help and not feeling she owes him beyond a thank you. The fact that she doesn't feel she's wrong in talking about the exes and the guys, taking the calls and staying on the phone for so long is a matter of general courtesy and common sense that she is clearly lacking in this area. They're not committed to one another, so he really doesn't have a say in what she does and who she sees. That doesn't make it OK to do these things on his time.

I certainly have no idea if she is a sociopath. I just read what you had posted and looked for potential. If she does not have any of the behavior enumerated from that web link I posted than she must not be.

Could be she is just irresponsible. I do not agree that she is mature for her age. Your description of her and how she handles herself around the gentleman indicates this.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
She does like to drink, but I can't even say how often as I don't see her every time I'm out. I don't know much about her high school years. She's kind of private, doesn't talk much as far as details. She'll make comments about how she's lived more life than people twice her age, been through a lot, that kind of thing.
Translation: she has had sex with a large number of people.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
He already helped her out by helping her get her GED . So he really doesn't need to stick around for more. People come together, and they experience things together, and sometimes, they realize they are not compatible. He should move on. At 22, she still has a lot more living to do, in spite of her maturity. He should pat himself on the back for helping her out, and continue with his life. If she is unwilling to make the necessary changes for him, then she can handle her problems all by herself, or whoever else she chooses to be with. He should feel no guilt that their relationship was a dead end. If he wants to keep her as a friends with benefits, then he should understand that she will date everyone else she wants too. Weather he likes it or not, since they are not boyfriend/girlfriend.

I would advice him to move on. And keep his wallet closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships