Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you love getting flowers at your workplace?
Silly question - of course! All women dream about this... 41 52.56%
Not all women may like it, could be embarassing so use caution 37 47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:32 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwinman View Post
I got dressed looked sharp and hot and went to my wife's work with a rose and a coffee and gave them to her with a big smile she kissed me and said what's this for I said 'because I love you and I'm a spontaneous guy' she wasn't happy at all, I apologised and said I'm sorry for bringing u this flower.

The remaining flowers were placed in a beautiful vase which I bought to put the flowers in as well as a box of chocolates and a card which read how much I appreciate her.

When she got home she saw the flowers and started shouting at me and calling me every name under the sun I was completely shocked. She told me to never go to her work ever, and to do that again.. she wanted an argument n I just thought it would be a nice gesture.

I was totally confused. She said that everyone is gonna think something is wrong and that there is something wrong with you and your a weird creep etc. she stormed out of the house and drove off..

Later she said she apologised for over reacting but still doesn't want me to ever go to her work again.

I'm totally confused wtf was that.
I am confused, too.

You meant well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 03:35 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:
I got dressed looked sharp and hot and went to my wife's work with a rose and a coffee and gave them to her with a big smile she kissed me and said what's this for I said 'because I love you and I'm a spontaneous guy' she wasn't happy at all, I apologised and said I'm sorry for bringing u this flower.

The remaining flowers were placed in a beautiful vase which I bought to put the flowers in as well as a box of chocolates and a card which read how much I appreciate her.

When she got home she saw the flowers and started shouting at me and calling me every name under the sun I was completely shocked. She told me to never go to her work ever, and to do that again.. she wanted an argument n I just thought it would be a nice gesture.

I was totally confused. She said that everyone is gonna think something is wrong and that there is something wrong with you and your a weird creep etc. she stormed out of the house and drove off..

Later she said she apologised for over reacting but still doesn't want me to ever go to her work again.

I'd be confused, too.

Something else is going on there. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
It's definitely a weird reaction for one spouse to have to another, without any further context being given.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:15 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I did receive flowers at work, many times. It's where I was to accept delivery, and it made my husband the hero to my coworkers, which I'm sure he liked.

When we first met, I was running a bank drive thru window, and he used to send a flower in the drawer.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:14 PM

247 posts, read 198,004 times
I haven't received flowers at work but I would LOVE it!

Old 05-28-2017, 04:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
For Valentine's Day, I sent my wife one of those singing groups...she was at work - it was a work day! So that's where they went. She liked it a lot.
My wife did that for me one Valentine's Day and walked over from her office to join in the fun. She'd told my secretary to call her when the Barber Shop Quartet arrived since her office was less than a five minute walk from mine. Naturally, my secretary told everyone else in the office so when my wife arrived a whole crowd gathered to watch.

I used to bring flowers to my wife's office just about once a week. There was a weekly farmer's market in a park across the street from my office and one vendor sold large, beautiful bouquets of fresh flowers of all types and combinations so I'd get to her office a bit early to bring her one at lunch before we went out to eat. The first time I did it I also brought a vase from home which she then kept in her office "just in case." The some of the women in her office were a bit envious but they all seemed pleased for her and the fact that she was so loved. They thought I was OK too.

Fond memories! Sadly, that faze of our marriage is over as she passed away recently. Even in retirement I kept surprising her with flowers periodically. It always brought me pleasure to make and see her happy. That was always Job-1.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:27 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
Quote:

This is an extreme and dramatic response.

I've received flowers at work before, and since he was out of town at the time, it was a very sweet and unexpected gesture.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:44 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
I have before, I thought it was sweet

Old 11-21-2018, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
I recently sent my Girlfriend flowers at her work because we had been fighting about her demanding work schedule.
I know what she likes and had gotten her flowers another time for her Birthday and she proudly displayed them on her desk, took a photo, and sent me the photo with a sweet thank you message. I should clarify that the office is difficult to find and with both deliveries she had to give the delivery person some extra help finding the office.
This most recent time I sent the bouquet she opted to met the delivery person out far away from her office, and immediately took the flowers up to her vehicle and left them in a hot truck for the rest of the day and then brought them home.
Besides the careless treatment she showed the flowers, I felt she was trying to prevent anyone, or maybe someone specifically, in her office from seeing she received flowers or that she was involved with someone.
She claims she just wanted to bring them home and it was easier to take them up to the car, I should also mention that the industrial park where she works makes it possible to pull right up to her office door, and there would be no easier way than that.
Bottom line is my girlfriend lying to me and possibly cheating on me?

Old 11-21-2018, 12:57 PM

553 posts, read 302,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfelix View Post
I recently sent my Girlfriend flowers at her work because we had been fighting about her demanding work schedule.
I know what she likes and had gotten her flowers another time for her Birthday and she proudly displayed them on her desk, took a photo, and sent me the photo with a sweet thank you message. I should clarify that the office is difficult to find and with both deliveries she had to give the delivery person some extra help finding the office.
This most recent time I sent the bouquet she opted to met the delivery person out far away from her office, and immediately took the flowers up to her vehicle and left them in a hot truck for the rest of the day and then brought them home.
Besides the careless treatment she showed the flowers, I felt she was trying to prevent anyone, or maybe someone specifically, in her office from seeing she received flowers or that she was involved with someone.
She claims she just wanted to bring them home and it was easier to take them up to the car, I should also mention that the industrial park where she works makes it possible to pull right up to her office door, and there would be no easier way than that.
Bottom line is my girlfriend lying to me and possibly cheating on me?
Do you have any other reasons to suspect cheating?

Her bringing it to her car and not her office doesn't suggest cheating to me.

How long have you 2 been together? Forget social media, it really doesn't mean anything. She is probably used to the relationship and doesn't feel like she needs to show you off anymore. That stuff happens over time and is perfectly natural.

It it makes you feel any better, the first time my partner got me flowers I took a picture them and posted it on fb. All other times I said thank you and that was it. I don't get excited any more when he buys me flowers.

I wouldn't get worried about what she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships