Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM

174 posts, read 325,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Quote:
I'm old, homely as a mud fence, not wealthy and I'm often described as a dullard so I guess that 99.9% of women are out of my league. I can still attract the occasional bag lady, meth addict or career criminal female who's looking for a place to hide out from the police but other than that pickins are slim.
It is possible for a couple who are in very different categories in terms of attractiveness, income or social status to find each other but that's a rare exception. It's been my experience that men and women tend to gravitate towards those individuals who are similar to themselves. I think it's unrealistic for anyone to believe that love can conquer all and that people will just ignore the factors that I mentioned. You just don't see a guy who looks like George Clooney getting hooked up with a woman who looks like Roseanne Barr or a woman who's a well respected medical doctor marrying the garbage man. Whether we like it or not people are judged by certain standards when it comes to relationships and all of us categorize others and give them a certain status even if we don't admit it.
I just enjoy your creative expressions....and the content. Very funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh dear GOD. Are we actually considering the possibility that "Snooky" is even in the same category as Kim Kardashian?

It's Snooki. And I don't even know what a Kim Kardashan is.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:36 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh dear GOD. Are we actually considering the possibility that "Snooky" is even in the same category as Kim Kardashian?
In terms of appearance no, but they are similar in terms of personality, ideals, priorities, and class--or lack of. I was reaching for some extreme examples and Snooky came to mind as a polar opposite of someone who is highly educated and introverted.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 PM

283 posts, read 458,077 times
for men Money(lots+lots+lots...) and Status has no enemy when it comes to dating from different classes.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times
A woman wants a man who can provide her with everything she wants. A man is considered successful if he can do this. Otherwise, he is out of his league. Appearance is only a part of this equation.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post

It's Snooki.
Obviously she didn't make much of an impression on me.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 PM

896 posts, read 1,395,882 times
I see people out of my league as too good looking yuppie clean cut types. If I see a guy that is too good looking. I think he is out of my league. I know this funny coming from a female

Old 08-05-2010, 07:33 PM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I see people out of my league as too good looking yuppie clean cut types. If I see a guy that is too good looking. I think he is out of my league. I know this funny coming from a female
IDK why this is funny, there are some guys that look waaayyyy better than some females.

This is coming from a macho all male man.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
In general I don't hold with the whole out of your league thing...

That said there are exceptions to my own rule.

I'll go from the girl perspective because I is one.

Let's say you want to date an attractive, professional woman, financially secure, well-rounded, etc.

You have to have SOMETHING to offer: being around you is like basking in sunlight, attractive, financially successful, great sense of humor, or... something.

You can't be a curmudgeon, ugly, poor and tell bathroom jokes.

(do a reverse for guys)

Then you are shooting out of your league. A guy who doesn't make a lot of money, but is wonderful to around = good, a guy who has a great sense of humor, but not so good looking = good, etc., etc.......

You have to bring SOMETHING to a relationship that is outstanding (at least to the other person).

Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
I dunno it takes all types to attract all kinds. I have seen many odd couples, yet they are happy together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships