Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,867,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What is wrong with me?

You are thinking with the wrong head, and that is a sign of immaturity. Simple as that.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,317,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
After having a lot of bad experiences here and a couple bad one night stands, I decided to focus on older women and I have been dating a woman who is 42, so far everything is good but she is not interested in casual sex and she wants us to get to know each other slowly, so far, I think there is a lot of potential for a good relationship but things are moving very slow, no physical contact or sexual contact whatsoever..

Now, I met a girl on a dating website, she is 30 and we used to text maybe a few times a day, I honestly did not think we had anything in common, anyways, I met her at a restaurant and we had a great time, it was not a date though, I thought we were going to hang out and go home. Anyways, I felt a strong connection and chemistry right away and after we got done, she asked me if I wanted to go to a bar, we sat at the bar, had a few drinks and everything went fine, then she brought me back to her house and asked me if I wanted to "cuddle" with her.

It was very hard to resist, anyways, from cuddling, sure enough, one thing led to another but I told her I was not interested in having sex the very first night, she was cool with that!

Anyways, I asked her if she wanted to see me last night and she said YES, so I came to her house and we had sex, this is probably the best sex I have had in years, this girl is VERY, VERY good in bed, I mean, very good and today at work, I was thinking about our night together and I was getting so turned on just thinking about it.

I am waiting for her to text me tonight and if she does, I am definitely coming over to her house. I cancelled a date with an older woman on Thu, because I was so looking forward to being with this girl, so now I am cancelling good dates to be with this woman because she totally blew my mind sexually.

I know she is not the type of person I want to be in a relationship because she has a lot of problems and issues(mostly related to a dysfunctional family) but I do like her and like I said, the sex was incredible and I can see myself coming over to her house everyday, besides the incredible sex , I really enjoy her company What is wrong with me?
What a loaded question!! I almost had an orgasm from the excitement of the opportunity to answer this question!!

However, I will rely upon your own words............

[i][quote=Repubocrat;[/I]]
It has a lot to do with a total lack of morals, values and decency which seems almost epidemic in this society we live in.

Unfortunately, society as whole gets dumber and dumber by the minute, people don't even know what common sense is anymore!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:59 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,098,766 times
What is wrong with me? Wish I could help you with an answer, but the space to write here is too limited.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,984,353 times
I'm suddenly reminded of a post (by you I think) about women giving themselves away too soon. If you have a problem I think it's one part inconsistency and two parts trying to depict and convince (yourself?) you have what you deem as high standards but your actions contradict. People are often confused by others--the opposite sex in particular. You're self-contained.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:35 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,998,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
People are often confused by others--the opposite sex in particular. You're self-contained.
Excellent observation.

IMO, what's "wrong" with you is that your self-imposed rules are unrealistic for YOU. Try stepping back a bit from what seems to be the "company line" and think about what YOU want, realistically.

In my experience, you're never going to find the "perfect person", but when you find the "right person" for you, their idiosyncracies or baggage are really not such a big deal.

In the meantime, let your hair down and have FUN, there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:41 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,604,075 times
The only thing that I could see that was wrong with you is that you declined to have sex on the first date. I would have to be pistol whipped before I would say no to sex. In fact if a woman who was a complete stranger and reasonably attractive came up to me in the supermarket and asked me if I wanted to have sex I would leave the shopping cart sitting there and exit the building with her immediately.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,721,511 times
What is wrong with me

Oh sweetie, so much to say, so little time

Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,604,075 times
Wait a minute, I think I have to retract my comment that there's nothing wrong with you because I just noticed you have another thread going on called Done With Dating which obviously contradicts everything you're telling us on this one.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM

40,939 posts, read 49,070,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'm suddenly reminded of a post (by you I think) about women giving themselves away too soon. If you have a problem I think it's one part inconsistency and two parts trying to depict and convince (yourself?) you have what you deem as high standards but your actions contradict. People are often confused by others--the opposite sex in particular. You're self-contained.
It would be nice to see Repub come back and respond to all this good free advice.

Makes me wonder if he really wants to hear an answer when he asks a question.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:50 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,301,473 times
Most of the comments here are not very helpful, they are mostly criticism, so maybe I should have never started this thread. Honestly, I don't think what I am going through is abnormal, I think a lot of guys go through the same thing. I guess, I am still interested in finding a good person, someone who has self respect, values, morals BUT my sexual need is very strong, sometimes stronger than my rational side.

I am not irresponsible though, I always have protected sex and I have never gotten anyone pregnant. There are plenty of guys out there who have unprotected sex and if the woman gets pregnant, their attitude is "Oh well"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.