Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 12:42 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this does not discount that the fact that i enjoy your posts very much and your presence on CDF.
I luv you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Why do successful women struggle in with relationships? I've been wondering this myself for a while I though at first before doing any research maybe women really are right and that most men have become emasculated and that only a few extremely powerful and truly masculine men could date those type of women.

Ex: Abby in the ugly truth in the restaurant with a guy, when she ordered some specific kind of water and the guy ordered scotch (I laughed for 2 hours on that scene + my cousin who was watching that scene didn't understand what was going on). The ugly truth makes a clear and yet funny depiction of What a control freak is.

I later discovered that it is because. Those women have highly successful careers consequently they have a strong confidence and busy schedules. Therefore these women have lots and lots of masculine energy, meaning they are able to take a direct step towards what they want without having to think about the emotional consequences of such and such an action. Female energy is more like the power to be nurturing, to think intuitively and act upon the intuition in order to heal an emotional state. From what I could understand from this phenomenon is that women these successful women actually try out their acquired skills in the dating world, where they seem to make men flee after some months of dating. I compared this with the way I approach women and frankly I do that talk about my aspirations in life show by talking how successful I am, how successful I'm gonna be. Result : I get immediate interest from women (but no attraction). In other words i'm telling the woman that I'm talking to I have high expectation and I know where I'm going. I was thinking after that what would happen if a woman actually approached and talked to me the way I talked to her. I would tell her how impressive her "status" is and praise her for that (I won't feel more attracted to her because of status - I could only feel intimidated is she emphasized on how superior she is to me.)

Basically creating interest is not creating attraction. From that conclusion I changed my approach with the woman I was talking to and started cracking up jokes that I didn't laugh but she did, teasing her, basically flirting with her. I got Attraction going on.

Successful women have to know how to make the difference with interest and attraction like men. I think that this difference in the way women confuse interest with attraction is why successful women fail with men. They have careers and confidence. I believe that a nice guy (more nurturing) is more likely to be attracted to those trait that a Strong and mature man.

In summary a man needs to feel that he is needed in order to feel attraction. Successful women don't need me for financial support so basically they need a man for emotional support and sex. I don't know many men who are emotional except a guy a knew in high school who cried and two gay friends.

Do you have any thoughts on the Issues?? Why do successful women struggle in with relationships?
Only skimmed this post, but the nugget of wisdom I agree with is that women who are type-a personality types just aren't very feminine. Research suggests it's because the women who are successful are often more square jawed, aggressive, and so on becuase they have higher levels of testosterone. It's all largely tied together, the hormones, personality, and the physical traits.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Poor woman - I wonder if the mere fact that she fawned over a puppy relegated her to lonely spinster status in your eyes, ever crossed her mind.
Seriously.

I am rich, successful, married, have a family, have lots of friends and great colleagues...and I STILL FAWN OVER PUPPIES.

They're puppies, for god's sake! How can you resist?!!

Oh, and no dearth of men hitting on me, even when they know who I am and what I do.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Only skimmed this post, but the nugget of wisdom I agree with is that women who are type-a personality types just aren't very feminine. Research suggests it's because the women who are successful are often more square jawed, aggressive, and so on becuase they have higher levels of testosterone. It's all largely tied together, the hormones, personality, and the physical traits.
Uh huh...duck and run

Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Uh huh...duck and run
Raising deflector shields of science in 3...2....1....

http://tgmeds.org.uk/downs/Effects%2...20TS's.pdf

Big Chin? Better Sex? The Science Of Love And Infidelity

She Eats Her Peas One at a Time « Citizen Renegade

Of Manjaws And Furry Forearms « Citizen Renegade

Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM

283 posts, read 458,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Aviene may have her own rebuttal, but proving you are wrong is simple. All it takes is to have one successful woman that does not struggle in her relationship. Two or more of these women would shred your argument. That is because it is a generality.

Now if you had started with "why are so many successful women struggling to have a good relationship?", it may be open to discussion. However, than the question comes up, where is the study that gives the numbers? *Such an such a poll of top level professional women claims 65% to be struggling to have good relationships.*

Therefore you would have to say in your experience successful women are struggling in relationships. Harder to disprove an observation. All people could then argue about is if whether your experience and interpretation of it is valid. I believe one poster did this when talking about some successful gals he knew in SF exhibiting relationship problems.
Well Mr.Critical thinking I just got proven wrong. Part of life I guess. I still think that my theories are accurate thou. These theories are not completed - I haven't posted the overall spectrum of how the human mind interacts with others - its not my field of expertise (its a hobby). I've had a class of Critical thinking and how to become a more credible individual but I need to seek out all the books I've read in the past 7 years. From The men are from mars and women from Venus by Dr.John gray to You just don't understand from Deborah Tannen and several more. I've compared and kept only the content that repeated itself in all the books I read in order to keep a strong basis and be able to generalize. I know I didn't quote every single element I posted in this thread but would people have posted something if my information was too compelling and got against what they believe could be the truth. I believe that people would have argued with their emotions, their opinions and not with evidence of equal measure.

I'm aware that empirical evidence is not compelling and must be observed through a relativistic eye. I'm not at school to be showing off and giving out essays because there more credible. So you know English is not my first language I speak and write Italian, French and Spanish. So basically I'm doing my best to write in English as much as I can to practice.

Je possede une desinvolture relativement particuliere en espagnol qu'est ma langue maternel.

Si quieres te puedo escribir todo lo que te escribi en espanol para que me creas.

Malgres que tu utilises la penser critique je doute de ton domaine d'expertise, je me demande serieusement quel sont tes motifs d'etre sur ce forum.

E difficile di essere un giovane, nella nostra societa dove gli adulti pensano che sei perfecto cuando non e vero, dopo ogni giorni devo fare mio luogo mentre che gli adulti mi dice che non sono buono.

Now teacher what do I need to read to stab you in the heart with your knowledge?

Knowledge is power. I also know that Even thou Knowledge is important it must be balanced with experience.

Ex: A woman that doesn't know that by having sex, she can get pregnant. Will get pregnant if she has sexual intercourse (male / woman intercourse assuming both are fertile).

Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
I need to seek out all the books I've read in the past 7 years. From The men are from mars and women from Venus by Dr.John gray to You just don't understand from Deborah Tannen and several more. I've compared and kept only the content that repeated itself in all the books I read in order to keep a strong basis and be able to generalize.
Best to balance this out with the realization that "ten thousand frenchmen can be wrong."

Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
. So you know English is not my first language I speak and write Italian, French and Spanish. So basically I'm doing my best to write in English as much as I can to practice.
Very impressive. You have me beat on linguistic abilities.

I have never read any of the Men from Planet 9, Women from Amazonia books. Not my kind of thing. Though with the horrible addiction I have to reading, I probably would force myself if trapped on a deserted rock in the remote Pacific with only a soccer-ball for companionship.
Wilson!?! ( are soccer-balls from Jupiter?)

Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Very impressive. You have me beat on linguistic abilities.

I have never read any of the Men from Planet 9, Women from Amazonia books. Not my kind of thing. Though with the horrible addiction I have to reading, I probably would force myself if trapped on a deserted rock in the remote Pacific with only a soccer-ball for companionship.
Wilson!?! ( are soccer-balls from Jupiter?)
But... Wilson was a volleyball!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:50 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
But... Wilson was a volleyball!
Dang. I should have named it Beckham. No wonder he did not answer back when addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships