Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM

379 posts, read 512,455 times

Advertisements

...especially if you are looking to settle down. I went to a wedding this weekend, and met several ladies in their late 20's that were either married, engaged, or seriously dating their SO for 5 or more years. The central theme that each woman portrayed to me (paraphrasing of course):

"I met (insert name here) when I was 23 and we've been together 5 years. I didn't really know what I wanted when I met him, but we have a pretty good relationship, you know, its got good days and bad, sometimes more bad than good. I mean, he's really supportive of me, but its sometimes boring. But we have so much history together and I think thats what keeps us together. I do envy my single girlfriends a lot, though. You are single? You should text me or give me a call sometime." (insert image of poor 30 year old guy trying to do the electric slide and girlfriend looking on in disgust)

Gentlemen- based on what I saw, and my own experience being married to a woman that I met when she was only 22, I give a resounding don't do it. I understand the appeal- women in their early 20's are obviously sexually attractive, but also confused and trying to figure out what they want. You are going to go on that roller coaster ride with them and probably end up devastated at best, and divorced at worst.

Stick with 27 and up (which all of these women were). Almost all of these girls, honestly, are ready for a serious relationship, just not with the guy they are with. They aren't bad women- just not in love anymore (which I'm sure at one point they were). Timing is everything. They have outgrown their SO's. It was so clearly evident.

Chicks in their late 20's and early 30's rock anyway- so much sexier when they know what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
And I've always said stay away from most men under 30-something. It's usually a matter of maturity. It's understandable.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
Thanks for the advice mate.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
i agree. i should be the only one dating these girls.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM

379 posts, read 512,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
And I've always said stay away from most men under 30-something. It's usually a matter of maturity. It's understandable.
You're probably right. I just don't have much experience talking to men about relationships, for obvious reasons

Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Not always true but I've always noticed a major change in the maturity of women around the age of 27-28. That seems to be when the young girls quit playing as many games and realize they're not going to be that cute 19 YO forever.

Reality starts to set in.

This is probably all true for men as well.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not always true but I've always noticed a major change in the maturity of women around the age of 27-28. That seems to be when the young girls quit playing as many games and realize they're not going to be that cute 19 YO forever.

Reality starts to set in.

This is probably all true for men as well.
You just saved yourself from a fate worse than death. Smart man. Unfortunately, most men don't realize this goes for them too so many end up hating women because they're rejected by 20-somethings who look at them coming on to them and think, Ewwwww! I know. I was one many times. LOL

ETA: btw, I liked older men myself but some really creeped me out.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
...especially if you are looking to settle down. I went to a wedding this weekend, and met several ladies in their late 20's that were either married, engaged, or seriously dating their SO for 5 or more years. The central theme that each woman portrayed to me (paraphrasing of course):

"I met (insert name here) when I was 23 and we've been together 5 years. I didn't really know what I wanted when I met him, but we have a pretty good relationship, you know, its got good days and bad, sometimes more bad than good. I mean, he's really supportive of me, but its sometimes boring. But we have so much history together and I think thats what keeps us together. I do envy my single girlfriends a lot, though. You are single? You should text me or give me a call sometime." (insert image of poor 30 year old guy trying to do the electric slide and girlfriend looking on in disgust)

Gentlemen- based on what I saw, and my own experience being married to a woman that I met when she was only 22, I give a resounding don't do it. I understand the appeal- women in their early 20's are obviously sexually attractive, but also confused and trying to figure out what they want. You are going to go on that roller coaster ride with them and probably end up devastated at best, and divorced at worst.

Stick with 27 and up (which all of these women were). Almost all of these girls, honestly, are ready for a serious relationship, just not with the guy they are with. They aren't bad women- just not in love anymore (which I'm sure at one point they were). Timing is everything. They have outgrown their SO's. It was so clearly evident.

Chicks in their late 20's and early 30's rock anyway- so much sexier when they know what they want.

Plenty of older women don't know what they want either. People wait longer to get married these days, and most marriages end in divorces, mostly initiated by women.

If you think an older woman isn't going to one day change her mind, you are seriously mistaken.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Plenty of older women don't know what they want either. People wait longer to get married these days, and most marriages end in divorces, mostly initiated by women.

If you think an older woman isn't going to one day change her mind, you are seriously mistaken.
And some wait because they do know what they want. And some divorce because they married young and didn't know what they wanted til they were older.

Please cite where most divorces are initiated by women. Just because a woman files doesn't mean it was initiated by her. His infidelity may have initiated it.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
You just saved yourself from a fate worse than death. Smart man. Unfortunately, most men don't realize this goes for them too so many end up hating women because they're rejected by 20-somethings who look at them coming on to them and think, Ewwwww! I know. I was one many times. LOL .
A wise man learns that anything said negative about or to a woman should always be followed with good and positive stuff. It has to balance and the good should always be the last thing they hear.

That's where many guys screw up. They make negative generalizations and leave it at that. It's basically called failure to CYA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships