Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,830,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Very first girlfriend was the first and only girl to ever ask me out. It was empowering and I appreciated her for it. I don't like the silliness of pursuing females, especially since a lot of them flirt even though they know full well they're not the least bit interested in you. Waste of time trying to sift through the ones that are really interested and the ones that are just flirty.
Could be said about men too. Yet you don't know unless you try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Could be said about men too. Yet you don't know unless you try.
Don't even go there. I've said it before. Females have a significantly (READ: significantly) lower chance of getting rejected by guys than guys have of getting rejected by females. All a female has to do is wear the right clothes and turn on the sweet talk and she can pull any man in the place. Men don't have it like that unless they look like:

• Randy Orton
  • John Morrison
  • Brett Favre
  • Tom Welling
  • Kevin Bacon
  • Johnny Depp
  • Will Smith
  • Tyson Beckford
  • Morris Chestnut
  • Brad Pitt
etc etc etc.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,551,860 times
Quote:
Lmao! I told him don't get me a thing. Him showing up is enough. He chuckled. But I agree if it were his b-day...I would be like...um...what the heck do I Do?
I started dating my ex a couple days before my birthday. He didn't care about it. I don't even know if I got a happy birthday wish from him! LOL

Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Don't even go there. I've said it before. Females have a significantly (READ: significantly) lower chance of getting rejected by guys than guys have of getting rejected by females. All a female has to do is wear the right clothes and turn on the sweet talk and she can pull any man in the place. Men don't have it like that unless they look like:

• Randy Orton
  • John Morrison
  • Brett Favre
  • Tom Welling
  • Kevin Bacon
  • Johnny Depp
  • Will Smith
  • Tyson Beckford
  • Morris Chestnut
  • Brad Pitt
etc etc etc.
Not always true my friend. Many ladies are attracted to different kinds of guys. Yet I do get the "guy being rejected more so than the women". Some men don't know how to act around women. But if a guy asked me out, I hope yes I am attracted to him in some way, shape or form. And I think it takes guts to ask someone out. It is nerve racking, yet exciting all in one. I do commend the men for asking the ladies out..even if they get rejected. Bounce back and do it again.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I started dating my ex a couple days before my birthday. He didn't care about it. I don't even know if I got a happy birthday wish from him! LOL
Wow...that's kind of rude. You are beautiful and should be treated like a pretty princess. If it was my new guy's b-day and said that I will be stopping by, a card would be nice. At least.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,551,860 times
Quote:
Wow...that's kind of rude. You are beautiful and should be treated like a pretty princess. If it was my new guy's b-day and said that I will be stopping by, a card would be nice. At least.
He dumped me a couple days before my birthday last year. It's actually next weekend. I figure if I don't get dumped, it's an improvement from last year. LOL

If I had just started seeing someone right before their birthday, they'd get a card and a nice dinner from me.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Hope you find a much better one! You deserve it!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Not always true my friend. Many ladies are attracted to different kinds of guys. Yet I do get the "guy being rejected more so than the women". Some men don't know how to act around women. But if a guy asked me out, I hope yes I am attracted to him in some way, shape or form. And I think it takes guts to ask someone out. It is nerve racking, yet exciting all in one. I do commend the men for asking the ladies out..even if they get rejected. Bounce back and do it again.
True conversation:

Guy 1: "hey, she looks good. You should talk to her."
Guy 2: "nah, she's probably not interested in me."
Guy 1: "how do you know until you ask?"
Guy 2: "because she just rolled her eyes at me."

The other issue is that some females are not forthcoming about being in committed relationships until after you're into the friendship somewhat, which is annoying. I've met plenty of females where they perpetrate as if they're single - I'm talking touchy-feely, I'm talking kisses, I'm talking cuddling...then they say "I have a boyfriend". It's like...

Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
True conversation:

Guy 1: "hey, she looks good. You should talk to her."
Guy 2: "nah, she's probably not interested in me."
Guy 1: "how do you know until you ask?"
Guy 2: "because she just rolled her eyes at me."

The other issue is that some females are not forthcoming about being in committed relationships until after you're into the friendship somewhat, which is annoying. I've met plenty of females where they perpetrate as if they're single - I'm talking touchy-feely, I'm talking kisses, I'm talking cuddling...then they say "I have a boyfriend". It's like...
Yes this is true we are hard to figure out. A rolling eye could mean many things. It could mean A- Oh gawd I like him too now what to do?
B- Perhaps she was rolling her eye at her friends smart arse comment.
C-In response of her boredom of being with her friend who are dull.

I would go with many misinterpretations.

And if they already had a boyfriend you ARE meeting some crappy people.

You are annoyed about being a friend first with a woman? Why? It seems to make sense.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yes this is true we are hard to figure out. A rolling eye could mean many things. It could mean A- Oh gawd I like him too now what to do?
No. When females roll their eyes out here, it's clear they are not in the least bit interested in you.

Quote:
You are annoyed about being a friend first with a woman? Why? It seems to make sense.
I've got no problem being friends with any females. Back when I dated though, I got really sick of being in "eternal friendland" when they would not want to be anything more than friends. I also got tired of easily befriending females who already had boyfriends. It's been years since I last dated, now I can make friends and not really care, because I don't want to be in a relationship with anyone anyway. My point though is I don't like mixed signals. If you're touching me like I described, it had better be because you want me to touch you back. Moot, since I don't date, but I'm just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships