Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:35 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,584,520 times

Advertisements

I hate F'ing nagging.

Women haven't learned that the more you push, the more push back they get.

I'm not a child, I don't need another nagging mom, I don't need a supervisor or any other bossiness.

Get lost.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,925,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I'm not a child, I don't need another nagging mom, I don't need a supervisor or any other bossiness.
Mom doesn't need to nag you, either, kiddo, if you do your chores!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,584,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Mom doesn't need to nag you, either, kiddo, if you do your chores!
Yes both my sister and mom like to come into my home and nag about stuff. One dish in the sink will not cause a collapse in my household. Sometimes I have to tell them where to stick it. But that's OK, you can never really get rid of those people. Girlfriends can be shown the door though.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Girlfriends can be shown the door though.
The tricky part is they don't usually do it before they become wives because they don't care before this point. That's one of the reasons shacking up is not advisable!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,223,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
You're right, the less a wife nags, the more inclined a man is to do various things for her.

I wish more women would consider just how disrespectful, demeaning, and emasculating it is to be treated like a child, because, that is exactly what a woman is doing when she nags her husband. Treating him like a child who needs to be trained will just **** a guy off if he has any backbone at all and I guarantee that most of us eventually learn that caving in to nagging even one time validates it as a successful behavior modification device and as such, more will ensue.
And some men are perfectly content to say, "Sure, I'll take care of it," and then never do it. That is one major reason I drop-kicked my ex. He tended to do it with things that had timelines, too, like taking the car in for inspection.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:28 PM

13,535 posts, read 9,944,973 times
Nagging is counter productive. If you want to destroy a relationship, just do it.
We think differently.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,085,947 times
I'm glad my wife doesn't have the mindset some women may have. When I read "manipulate him into doing what he should already do", I feel once again how lucky I am to have the wife I have. Mature enough to not try manipulation of any kind, knowing that it is not going to work. When my wife asks me to do something, I do it because i know it will please her. She doesn't expect me to just drop what I'm doing to please her, however. If my reaction to her request isn't quite as quick as she would like she doesn't nag, sometimes she says nothing other times she will make a comment that reminds me to get with it. Somewhere she learned 'you catch more flies with honey than you catch with vinegar'...

Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I'm glad my wife doesn't have the mindset some women may have. When I read "manipulate him into doing what he should already do", I feel once again how lucky I am to have the wife I have. Mature enough to not try manipulation of any kind, knowing that it is not going to work. When my wife asks me to do something, I do it because i know it will please her. She doesn't expect me to just drop what I'm doing to please her, however. If my reaction to her request isn't quite as quick as she would like she doesn't nag, sometimes she says nothing other times she will make a comment that reminds me to get with it. Somewhere she learned 'you catch more flies with honey than you catch with vinegar'...
The answer is within your own post. There's no need for nagging when things get done; your wife is not driven up the wall and doesn't have to do it. Therefore, there's really nothing special about your wife in that respect - you simply fulfill your responsibilities and promises. Nobody gets a kick out of nagging for its own sake.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My wife doesnt nag. What most women would usually nag a guy about I usually take care of myself before she has to say anything. What I did teach her to do is, to think before she opens her mouth. There is a way to ask someone to do things without sounding like a nag or worse yet a negative person. Bi**hes need to be taught certain things. You know.
The bolded part sounds like something out of a gangster rap song. As long as you're taking care of business, your s/o shouldn't have to nag. Spot on with everything else you stated bro.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:25 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,115,487 times
Referring to women in general as *******? That's so frigging rude. If you want to refer to your wives, mama's, sister's, etc as ******* that's your deal. I don't get the leap into bigotry, tho.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 08-15-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships