Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Also, let me say again... stop taking these women giving you their phone numbers so seriously!!! It's a very very casual gesture, not an invitation to be their boyfriend. Getting their digits should mean nothing significant to you, unless you are a shy boy in high school.

Yeah thanks for the replies, but really the only thing that makes me 'seem' like I am taking things seriously is the way a few people on here have a different view of me and my story than it actually is. I mean when someone misunderstands me or calls me autistic based on 4 nights of talking to some women then that is a little ridiculous because my life and other peoples' lives on here are way more complicated and have millions of more moments than that to be judged as being an idiot or as having autism by someone over the internet. As far as what I should have done in the situation on facebook that I posted, well I think I did the right thing by setting up future plans instead of just saying "I like to dance too" in response.

I was being courteous of her schedule in asking when and what times would be good. If she doesn't end up hanging out with me then I don't honestly care I just get frustrated at people who don't see the whole picture and all the depths of someone's (me or any other poster) story on here, so I write more of my experience so that someone doesn't just accept that i am stupid because I didn't happen to mention a few details in an initial post.

Too many assumptions go on over the internet because to be honest no one wants to write out each and every moment and emotion of a situation. Give people the benefit that they aren't dumb or not trying in a situation is what i say because as you see I wrote the basic story and people assume that I didn't do this or that and then assume one thing or another so that's when I respond over and over again to those assumptions to clear them up.

That one example of my facebook experience should be proof that I know when a woman at the bar is attracted "to me" and wants to get to know more and that I'm not just some person that is desperate or stupid to think that wasn't the case each time....As you see I haven't even spoken to this woman in months and all I did was try to add her on my friends list and she made the moves to set up some kind of date or get together..whatever you wanna call it after reading her words and her attitude in the posts she made. I assume after her post about having a ladies night inviting me that she wants some friends around to test me and see what they think about me before she goes dancing with me..I never said I couldn't dance either..if you read again you'll see that i was explaining the way I do dance....it's not traditional and I also have proof of that over on facebook if you want me to take more pics of my post to someone who was a friend (this girl) who saw me dancing and enjoyed my way of bringing humor into it and being original instead of some stiff doing the "IN" thing or popular traditional thing when dancing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Gosh, I can't hardly reckon. Maybe, I dunno, like, call her?

I can't believe this thread is six pages long.
I can't beleive this thing is 6 pages long either...obviously to some people responded that they actually think using a woman's phone number is the wrong thing to do as if they only gave it to me out of feeling bad or being courteous. Which still makes no sense because usually a woman will just give out a fake number when they do that and not the real info...lol

Most people that said I was wrong are women, so I'm guessing they think men are just inferior and have it in their head that since I am a guy that I must have done something wrong because they think that the 4 women who all hit on me must be angels because girls like those 4 women in particular could never be wrong in the way they hit on someone and then confused the hell out of them(me)...it's my fault for being a stupid guy/man

Old 08-17-2010, 12:45 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Talk about kicking a man when he's down...jeez...maybe I misunderstood what he was saying at the moment. Now I'm diagnosed as being autistic from a couple of licensed psychologistshere over a response on C-D right?...lol
I was being facetious when I posted that, but maybe not anymore.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Yeah thanks for the replies, but really the only thing that makes me 'seem' like I am taking things seriously is the way a few people on here have a different view of me and my story than it actually is.
Speaking only for myself, the main reason I think that you are taking these women's intentions too seriously is because of the title of your thread and your first post. Because if you didn't care so much, there would be no thread at all.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Speaking only for myself, the main reason I think that you are taking these women's intentions too seriously is because of the title of your thread and your first post. Because if you didn't care so much, there would be no thread at all.

You may be right about the initial post and that I did have some sense of caring why these odd occurrences happened, but you have to agree that this doesn't happen to a lot of guys. Girls hitting on guys first I mean. So, that's why I posted the thread, but as you noticed I never really talk about anything else on here regarding dating, love life, relationships except maybe one other thread way back like last year or something. Usually I just do what you are doing and post advice or an opinion on peoples' relationship, dating, or love lives. I guess I felt left out because I had nothing to talk about regarding my own experiences until I started to realize that the same thing was happening over and over in my situation, so I thought I'd figure it out on here, but then I think some people misunderstood some things. Thanks for the replies though and I am taking your advice to give my number from now on instead of a woman letting me give theirs if they try to do that.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Wait -- WTF are you doing posting this woman's full name and picture here anyway, even as you diligently block out your own? And talking about her publicly? What do you suppose she'd say if she saw this thread with her name and your erstwhile "private" conversation posted for all to see? Are you starting to get an idea of why ladies are in no hurry to get too close to you? Because I sure am.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:57 PM

[quote=Drover;15514563]Wait -- WTF are you doing posting this woman's full name and picture here anyway? And talking about her publicly? What do you suppose she'd say if she saw this thread with her name and your erstwhile "private" conversation posted for all to see? Are you starting to get an idea of why she's in no hurry to get too close to you? Because I sure am. [/
LOL...whatever man...you're making things worse than they have to be.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Met this girl in a wedding I went to Las Vegas last weekend. Had a nice friendly brief chat in the reception. She offered her phone number before I offered mine or asked for her's . So what do I do in this case? Either call her or let it go. I don't see how this can be so complicated.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Wait -- WTF are you doing posting this woman's full name and picture here anyway, even as you diligently block out your own? And talking about her publicly? What do you suppose she'd say if she saw this thread with her name and your erstwhile "private" conversation posted for all to see? Are you starting to get an idea of why ladies are in no hurry to get too close to you? Because I sure am.
Your logic makes no sense at all. This is just a way to make me try to look bad because you disagree with the way I responded to some people who misjudged me....

First off: I just looked back at the pics an dyes I did leave her last name "by accident" as you can see because I erased all the other spots where the names of people on facebook usually are. I so happened to miss one area because it was in a place that is weird. Simple mistake. (Now you'll tell me it's the most deadliest mistake ever or some BS to win in an argument..go on it doesn't matter) I already told a mod to erase that post.

Second: A person that already has a picture up on a public website shouldn't worry about having it on another because "anyone" could have used it once it's been up before. In this case I used it to prove a point to people that misjudged me and said I was autistic because of my bad luck in dating, relationships, and with making female friends. (You can go on and kick me while I'm down some more if that;s your thing and it gets you off)

Third: I never purposely blocked out my own name..as I said before it was a simple mistake and shouldn't be blown out of proportion.

Fourth: If she saw this thread because a snitch or some person who hates me told her that I was doing this and that without saying my true intentions and then she decided I was an azzhole then that's her decision and I haven't lost anything because I don't have a relationship with anyone anyways.

Fifth: You act as if you have never seen a man and woman communicate in public or seen a woman and man's faces before. Why does the internet seem to make it so much different than in a movie theater or somewhere else when you hear people talk? I have no shame of what that conversation looks like and I don't think she would either. It was basically someone asking another person out. No personal info was exchanged. If it was truly private then it would be a conversation where my inbox had one extra message in it, but it's not because all my friends can see it and friends of their friends. Don't worry so much and stress yourself over a simple conversation.

Sixth: Yeah, you nailed it man. You have it all figured out about why I've had a streak of bad luck with the ladies didn't you?....lol...Yeah I remember that each one of my exes and the other women who have ever crossed my path have all been seen on city-data as I posted all of my intimate experiences..Way to go Colombo

Seventh: If some girl I liked posted the same little conversation and a pic of us...I would be proud that she wasn't ashamed to do it and that she was really into me enough to do it. Stafford is my last name now go and apply for a credit card or mail me a nasty letter sometime that says how much you hate me. Oh wait, you need my address and some other info as well...Sorry buddy!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Uhm.... yeah, threads like this do make it pretty easy to put two-and-two together as to why you're not having a lot of luck with the ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships