Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Undateable Season 1 Episode 1 Episode 1 | watch free streaming TV episode (http://sa-se.com/undateable-season-1-episode-1-episode-1.html - broken link)

What do you think is a male that is undateable? lol

(this is just for fun)-Like the show it's not always true.
There are undoubtedly undateable men. Twenty years ago I tried to date a woman and at last had to proclaimed her undateable. It was really a shame because she was attractive to the eye and was intelligent. And believe it or not, much of the time we actually hit it off. But the negatives simply outweighed the positives by too much.

First, she was a born-again Christian who, after a few dates, insisted that I be born again too. But the fatal flaw was that she could be very mean and tactless. She could be generous and loving too but when she was mean and tactless, it was unbearable.

She once called me and told me she had an emergency and to come over immediately. I had been eating a sub sandwich, but I dropped it and drove quickly the mile or two over to her apartment. I ran into her building, and hurriedly knocked on the door. She opened the door and I asked her what was the emergency. She looked at me for a few seconds and then in a semi-angry voice said, "My God, don't you ever brush your teeth?" Apparently I had a bit of lettuce from my sub sandwich stuck between my teeth. The "emergency" was a toilet that had a stopper that leaked causing the toilet to make a gurgling sound. Her acidic reception upon opening the door stuck in my craw. These years later it still annoys me.

Another time I came into her apartment and she was watching a TV show. I was wearing a jacket and as she explained the show's plot to me, I took off my jacket and placed it over a nearby chair. As I was turning to put my jacket on the chair, the lady ceased her talking. I turned and found her glaring at me. I asked her what was wrong, and in a hostile voice she grumbled, "If your aren't going to listen to me, at least show me the courtesy of acting like you are listening." I had been standing a few feet from her the entire time. It was as though she thought I could not hear her unless I was looking at her too. At that point I told her that I could not have a relationship with a woman who expected some strict, exact behavior every minute we were together.

There were several of these occurrences over the course of a few weeks. I finally had to call it quits. Ironically, I ran into another guy who had tried dating her after I had. He wondered how in the world she was going to get anyone to stay with her, given some of her personality traits. Twenty years later I looked her up on Facebook. She is still single and unattached. I am not the least bit surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
There are undoubtedly undateable men. Twenty years ago I tried to date a woman and at last had to proclaimed her undateable. It was really a shame because she was attractive to the eye and was intelligent. And believe it or not, much of the time we actually hit it off. But the negatives simply outweighed the positives by too much.

First, she was a born-again Christian who, after a few dates, insisted that I be born again too. But the fatal flaw was that she could be very mean and tactless. She could be generous and loving too but when she was mean and tactless, it was unbearable.

She once called me and told me she had an emergency and to come over immediately. I had been eating a sub sandwich, but I dropped it and drove quickly the mile or two over to her apartment. I ran into her building, and hurriedly knocked on the door. She opened the door and I asked her what was the emergency. She looked at me for a few seconds and then in a semi-angry voice said, "My God, don't you ever brush your teeth?" Apparently I had a bit of lettuce from my sub sandwich stuck between my teeth. The "emergency" was a toilet that had a stopper that leaked causing the toilet to make a gurgling sound. Her acidic reception upon opening the door stuck in my craw. These years later it still annoys me.

Another time I came into her apartment and she was watching a TV show. I was wearing a jacket and as she explained the show's plot to me, I took off my jacket and placed it over a nearby chair. As I was turning to put my jacket on the chair, the lady ceased her talking. I turned and found her glaring at me. I asked her what was wrong, and in a hostile voice she grumbled, "If your aren't going to listen to me, at least show me the courtesy of acting like you are listening." I had been standing a few feet from her the entire time. It was as though she thought I could not hear her unless I was looking at her too. At that point I told her that I could not have a relationship with a woman who expected some strict, exact behavior every minute we were together.

There were several of these occurrences over the course of a few weeks. I finally had to call it quits. Ironically, I ran into another guy who had tried dating her after I had. He wondered how in the world she was going to get anyone to stay with her, given some of her personality traits. Twenty years later I looked her up on Facebook. She is still single and unattached. I am not the least bit surprised.
I wonder if she has adhd? My sister n law acts this way. Rather annoying I know.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:16 PM

124 posts, read 173,810 times
I'm pretty sure I'm undateable. Ask me all about it!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
I must be, considering nobody wants to date me!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Sorry to hear that, bro.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Hey Raena, do you want names? Yes, we could all give you names of some of our 'favorite' CD posters. Those who want a girl but don't know how to go about finding and keeping just one quality girl. I know there must be thousands of really good girls out there, but I think many men make themselves what you might call 'undateable'. Yet, they don't recognize it's them and not the girl.
Ya know I was going to take the wife out tonight but they said it might rain. So scratch that idea.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
OK, dateable or undateable is debatable, but when did you get a pair inflatable?

Old 08-18-2010, 03:18 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, dateable or undateable is debatable, but when did you get a pair inflatable?
Now thats funny

Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Haha...just re-read the title of this thread!

Okay, so I'm not a male, but I might as well be. I'm always the "cool, awesome" girl that guys just want to be friends with.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LOL!

Seriously, thanks for the laughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships