Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

We both love our bed too much so if we fight, which is not all that often, we just go to bed and try to to brush up against other. Unless it's cold, then we'll just settle our differences with cuddles

On a more serious note however, I walked out on my first marriage and left the house to him. My second live in relationship I left with nothing except some clothes. I don't know anyone who has made their husband leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 01:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Luckily, my SO sleeps like a rock. If I want the bed, I just wait until he is asleep (about 2 minutes), then push him off the bed. I still get the bed and don't have to sleep with him.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:53 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
i think when you start acquiescing to bullsh*t demands, the relationship is all downhill from there.

if she's mad she'll have to deal with it like a big girl. or maybe just put me out of my misery while i'm sleeping.

Last edited by le roi; 08-14-2010 at 03:07 PM..

Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Because if you don't go out to the couch, in our resentment we will toss, turn, and accidentally kick you all night long, so it's for your own safety.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
We both love our bed too much so if we fight, which is not all that often, we just go to bed and try to to brush up against other. Unless it's cold, then we'll just settle our differences with cuddles

On a more serious note however, I walked out on my first marriage and left the house to him. My second live in relationship I left with nothing except some clothes. I don't know anyone who has made their husband leave.

I have, because I was paying most of the bills and he couldn't afford to live there by himself while I could. Plus, it was my furniture paid for with my inheritance from my mother and it was my car that I was making payments on. By the time I got to the point of wanting to end the marriage, I was thinking, "Oh, hell no. There's none of this 'we' chit. I paid for all of this, therefore it's mine. Get out."

Old 08-14-2010, 03:24 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
That isn't good, either, dude. Disagreements can naturally lead to raised voices and confrontation ~ that's the way it is. My first husband was like you. He'd get up and just leave, and I knew damn well it was his way of avoiding compromise, of getting his own way. It eventually backfired because the lack of communication was one of the things that killed our marriage.

Ha, I am not a dude, but I don't want to fight. Listening, talking, trying to make the other person happy and compromising are all good, but if you want to jump on somebody or nag I am not going to listen. To be honest, I don't really have to worry about it. I hardly ever find myself in the position to argue anyway. I am pretty laid back, and I tend to pick people that are the same to hang out with.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:55 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Since I worked 3rd shift most of the time I was married, I rarely had to face sleeping on the couch.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
For starters, getting fights going before bed time is a no go.

Second, I really don't think it's all that bad for husband and wife to have separate bedrooms. I personally don't like sharing sleeping quarters with anyone.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I have, because I was paying most of the bills and he couldn't afford to live there by himself while I could. Plus, it was my furniture paid for with my inheritance from my mother and it was my car that I was making payments on. By the time I got to the point of wanting to end the marriage, I was thinking, "Oh, hell no. There's none of this 'we' chit. I paid for all of this, therefore it's mine. Get out."
Good call!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Because men are more prone to bad behavior and are more often in the wrong. They are more likely to engage in destructive and risky behaviors (like drug abuse, womanizing, and criminal activity).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships