Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM

830 posts, read 2,712,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Just tried to cook for my husband tonight. Let's hope he is not too hungry and has a good sense of humor, lol. This did not turn out so well...
Did you have an orgasm with just the thought of serving it to him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post
Did you have an orgasm with just the thought of serving it to him?
Multiple. Can't believe I am even able to type right now. I'd go clean the toilet, but I don't know that I'd be able to walk for a week.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:05 PM

830 posts, read 2,712,056 times
But see, if you go out and do something manly right now, like mowing the lawn, I bet he'll have multiple orgasms. Men think a sweaty chick pushing a mower is hot.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post
But see, if you go out and do something manly right now, like mowing the lawn, I bet he'll have multiple orgasms. Men think a sweaty chick pushing a mower is hot.
Now that is actually something I enjoy. I mow my parents lawn just for fun since we live in an apt and don't have a lawn. I'm being serious about this I enjoy it.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Multiple. Can't believe I am even able to type right now. I'd go clean the toilet, but I don't know that I'd be able to walk for a week.
Stay clear of your washer when its on the rinse cycle.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Stay clear of your washer when its on the rinse cycle.
Funny,I always thought it was the spin cycle.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 AM

326 posts, read 837,686 times
Maybe my father did me wrong in the way he raised me but I will never be a "house wife". I have too many other things that are higher priorities than 1st place in a HGTV cleanest house contest. Being a tom-girl raised by her dad I rather be outside playing basketball or rollerblading, bike riding, jogging, hiking awsome mountains, sitting on a cliffside taking amazing sunset photos, horseback riding, doing yoga or taking dance classes with my amazing mom (stepmom) and most importantly being there and enjoying my activities with my daughter.

Who has time to wash dishes and scrub toilets when there are so many other more fullfilling things to do? I sure the hell don't!

I just turned 22 have a 2.5 year old daughter and soon to be EX significant other. He definatly expects a obiedient house wife that finds all her excitment inside. He gets angry when the house is a mess (yet also ******* about me not working enough hours at my PT job).

I love to cook! Food is number one! Healthy cooked from scratch meals are always important. I will never scrunch on this because I am so passionate about what I put into mine and my child's body (we are what we eat right). God knows how excited I get making my weekly menu, but cooking for an ungratful person that has only has negative comments or constantly compairs me to their mother who has been cooking since before I was even a zygote really dampers my excitement. I deserve respect and at LEAST some appreciation for the hour or more I put into dinner each night (as well as the time put into preparing next day's lunch).

I HATE washing dishes but thankfully there is a beautiful machine for that.

I do NOT enjoy cleaning bathrooms and killing bugs is not my thing.

I enjoy laundry, vacuming and decorating. But I am not a maid. With a hamper in each bedroom and each bathroom there is no excuse to have dirty clothing trails around the house. Want to throw your clothing on the floor next to the hamper? Okay well its going to stay there until you decide to pick it up because again, I have better things to do than spend my day going through each room and looking through every nook and cranny to find where you tossed your socks and boxers.

hopefully my next man (maybe in like 5years lol) will be 1. a little cleaner himself (come on men!!! is it really that hard to hang towels back up or put things into dity clothes hampers? 2. be appreciative of the hard work and love I do put into the things I do for you. 3. Enjoy spending time having fun and less time being a stickler about little details! Lets let the laundry add up another day and go out and enjoy a picnik at the top of a mountian!

My imput as the newest generation of women.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Let's set something straight: feminist bra-burning is a myth. The infamous quote "All men are rapists" is also fake. Thank you, killjoys at Snopes.

First, let me say that while Snopes has served (and continues to serve) a purpose in calling certain "truths" into the light of question during the Age of the Internet, relying too heavily on them as a source of authority is much like relying on Wikipedia during the early days before ANY efforts were made to regulate what gets published on the Web.

The quote "all men are rapists" isn't fake, as alleged by Snopes; it's mis-attributed. Catherine MacKinnon, who is frequently credited with this, was not the one who said it. It was, rather, a line from a book by feminist Marilyn French, from her book The Womens' Room. While a character in the book said the line, one need only read French's interviews to gather that she meant what she wrote. Hey, we live in a free country, so I say GO, Marilyn -- I just don't have to agree with you.

A sample of French's stance:

Marilyn French: 'Yes, I'm still angry' - Profiles, People - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/marilyn-french-yes-im-still-angry-446709.html - broken link)

It doesn't take much reading to determine that this woman does, indeed, live a confused life wherein she both loves and hates men. In one line she avows that women are required to both work AND raise the children, in a line almost immediately following she states that the younger generation of men are helping out... some, but she doesn't think they're taking responsibility the way they should.

It's most especially curious -- and paradoxical to the point of being utterly conflicting -- when she follows that with:

Quote:
"Most men are on our side. They like their lives better than their fathers' lives. They like being involved with their children. They like having a better relationship with their women."
Somehow those assertions on the character of Maleness are sweepingly self-contradictory.

Quite honestly, the more I read the more I felt a combination of pity and repugnance -- pity that this woman obviously led a difficult life, disgust at what I can only begin to describe as blatant selfishness and egocentrism on her part.

I think her overall attitude is best summed up near the end of the article where she states:

Quote:
"I am quite content to be alone. I don't like compromise, I like doing what I want, I have a great many friends and I am very close to my children."
I hope she really IS close to her children; but the most telling lines there, at least for me, are I like doing what I want and I don't like compromise. Most especially the line regarding compromise. Curious, coming from someone who believes all humans are equal. It suggests a very limited perspective and, again, a strong egocentrism. In a world of limited space, limited resources and TWO sexes, equality is going to be pretty darned difficult without room for compromise.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Marilyn French may appear confused at times, no-one has all the answers or lives a life of perfection. I think this is part of being a human rather than being a woman.

Ms French however, has said this of feminism;

She ends with a chapter on the future of feminism, in which she stresses its radical nature: that it is "a living entity," not a dogma, and one that offers an alternative model to top-down social organization. Feminism is often misunderstood; people think it is about putting women where men are now, but "the ultimate goal of feminism is to change society." The design is to create a cooperative world, a task that will not be achieved in a few generations; to do it we will have to free ourselves from the grip of history, from the assumptions of the societies in which we have grown up. The task is to convince the world that "sexism brings men . . . emotional and biological loss." She says, "feminism brings joy to people's heart-it is truly a gospel, a good news."

Review: From Eve to Dawn by Marilyn French | Books | The Guardian

These are the basic tenets of feminism that I hold true, not the radical ivory tower nonsense spouted from the intelligentsia in Universities that both the common men and women despise.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:59 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Wow, never expected this to be such a long conversation.
Just to catch a few up the original question I had was in reference to the idea that a less than one year married woman was bailing on her vows because she did not want to do the "wifey" things, ie:cooking meals, keeping a clean house, that he expected.
My wonder is it just too easy to divorce today? My reference to dying to oneself is an old fashioned way to say put others before ourselves. Without some level of sacrifice are we going to allow the idea of marriage to fade away?
I have shared before that I would have missed out on a lifelong relationship if I bolted the first time I discovered that he did not know what the laundry basket was. I am 100% behind a woman having a career or achieving goals but that cannot override your commitment to your husband or children. Marriage is about love and love fosters love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships