Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

You people are so dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
But you know marriage is never 50/50
Personally I completely disagree but my husband and I are a very different couple than most others we know, some friends included.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
That's what i was saying,
You were on the table...

Hawk! You are a naughty naughty man!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You people are so dirty.

Hey, people should know by now, if they start joking about orgasms (especially if it feels like it's done at expense of my opinion), I'm all game.

You are right, JJ, it's time to clean up. You know I love imitating those Herbal Essence commercials.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
You people are so dirty.
No,No.. You've got us all wrong.

We were discussing Julia Child & Martha Stewart and the joys of cooking. There is nothing dirty about Martha... well maybe her prison roommate might disagree.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:08 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
You people are so dirty.

I took a shower couple hours ago.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:11 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hey, people should know by now, if they start joking about orgasms (especially if it feels like it's done at expense of my opinion), I'm all game.

You are right, JJ, it's time to clean up. You know I love imitating those Herbal Essence commercials.

AVON calling,

hahaha

Old 08-19-2010, 05:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
I have shared before that I would have missed out on a lifelong relationship if I bolted the first time I discovered that he did not know what the laundry basket was. I am 100% behind a woman having a career or achieving goals but that cannot override your commitment to your husband or children. Marriage is about love and love fosters love.
As long your dh was capable of learning where the laundry basket was, it shouldn't have been a problem and it wasn't. My dh wasn't a big cleaner when we first got together, but he adapted easily as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
These may well be the tenets YOU hold true, and that's admirable. The question is, what's practiced at large out there? Just as it's silly to call a Christian an automatic Bible-thumper, there's still a very, very good reason at the mention of Christianity people become wary and eyes tend to roll -- just as at the mention of Feminism, men squint slightly as though preparing for a physical blow.
I imagine it's so individualized that it would be hard to figure anything at large. Redisca posted this interesting article a few pages back. Some studies show it works really well for a host of folk. Then, there are other studies that report differently. Eh, not surprising.

Quote:
No, i just do not make a big deal out of doing for others.
You sort of do. You've been making it a big deal through out this thread, which is fine to be clear. It's good that you do for others.

Quote:
But that is the core of this conversation.
Does it have to be reciprocal?
Can you not have a feeling of self worth anyway. I think we are in charge of our own emotions.
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's a matter of self-worth, but maybe. And if you think about it, you probably service your husband for the reciprocation. You get some kind of pay off for your services, don't you? I imagine we all do, otherwise, as others have said, we wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Didn't you say that a man isn't motivated to give if he feels that it won't be reciprocated? The same applies to (many, most) women.
Good point.

Quote:
I might have, it is a long thread
You did.

Quote:
I guess we can expand it to mean do men and women have to have all things reciprocated in order to continue in the marriage.
I had to think on this one. I don't think it's about all things, but rather big things. When I consider what I do for my husband, and then imagine what it would be like if he didn't appreciate it, readily participate in our marriage/plans/etc, and do whatever he has to, to make life easier for me, then no, I don't think that could work for me. It's a preposterous thought and difficult to fathom. I highly value what I do for him, so maybe that's at the crux of the conversation - how much we value what we do. If it's no big thing, then reciprocation doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

So check this out guys. Yesterday I was serving my husband dinner and had an orgasm. Sometime between the salad and an entree, I had an overwhelming feeling all over my body and I had an orgasm. I had to hold on to the kitchen counter not to collapse. It was unbelievable. You should try it sometimes.
Best post in the thread lol.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Best post in the thread lol.
I dunno ...

I think it's a sneaky way of hers to try and turn the rest of us women on here into Susie Homemakers and get us to at least turn on our EZ Bake Ovens ...

Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I dunno ...

I think it's a sneaky way of hers to try and turn the rest of us women on here into Susie Homemakers and get us to at least turn on our EZ Bake Ovens ...
Yes, I'm a sneaky sneak. Watch out for me. By the time you are all done with this thread, you will all quit your jobs and turn into housewifes. Meantime, if someone taught ME how to be a Susie Homemaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships