Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM

41 posts, read 130,114 times

Advertisements

Hello, to the men out there, if you had to choose a girlfriend or wife from one of the three most affluent social groups, middle class, upper middle class, and rich, which in order would you prefer that she be of the the three groups above. My preference in order is Upper middle, middle class, and rich.

I would greatly be interested in your opinions.

Thanks very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 AM

525 posts, read 947,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertwiz View Post
Hello, to the men out there, if you had to choose a girlfriend or wife from one of the three most affluent social groups, middle class, upper middle class, and rich, which in order would you prefer that she be of the the three groups above. My preference in order is Upper middle, middle class, and rich.

Thanks very much
Sorry but your proposition has little bearing with reality.. who would ever be in a situation to or just choose based on that alone? If I was forced right now by God to CHOOSE!!! I would say RICH of course!!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:28 AM

10 posts, read 14,540 times
depends on your class

Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertwiz View Post

Thanks very much

LOL, in your world everyone would walk around with a sticker that says, "Hi, I'm Rich" or "Hi, I'm poor" or last but not least, "Hi, I'm middle class" LOL
I mean you can't possibly pick or even know these things before first getting to know a person so initially you are going to be attracted by looks then personality or vice versa.. but to pose a question like that jus isn't realistic.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM

647 posts, read 2,082,680 times
I would probably go with middle class. Lots of life lessons can be learned in the middle class where it's common to have times of plenty and times of lacking, times of victory and time of struggle. But, there is value in having some struggles in life. Relationships can draw closer in difficult times, which makes the times of comfort and abundance that much more sweet that we can appreciate. Faith and dependence on God also grows during these times.

Strong faith and work ethic can also be a learned trait of those from the middle who have to largely earn what they have. In contrast, I've seen those from rich families have most everything given to them with no effort on their part, resulting in them not having learned to respect those who do have to work harder for things.

That's my opinion as a fellow middle class-er. I'm sure other opinions will vary.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:22 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,135 times
Given the way the economy is going it will soon only be rich and poor. Middle class will be a thing of the past unfortunately.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Makes no difference to me, I'll be making enough on my own to not have to worry about what their money is, I only worry if someone is pretentious or not and that comes in all classes.. Typically I hang out with middle class, its how I grew up and who I associate myself with .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships