Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ???
I like 33 51.56%
I hate 31 48.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM

34 posts, read 66,712 times

Advertisements

Its great while it last. The biggest thing is most likely won't have a friend in the end. If you decide to do this just know that could be the outcome. Only because you should already have feelings for the person if its a real friend. I'm talking about a person you really know. Then the sex will be good and you will be into each other hard. It can work but you would have to keep everyone out of your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Previously I have had a FWB. I very much enjoyed it because at the time I didn't want a relationship but wanted that one perk so I found a willing partner - we set our boundaries and went with it.

The problem with boundaries is that each person interprets them differently.

I did this when I was much younger and it was fun but I always found out someone always got hurt. And that someone was almost always the person who fell in love.

A lot of men can have sex without a connection but a lot of women can't and this is where the problems come from.

You have to find the women who can do this without feelings and when you do, you will most likely get hurt yourself.

It's a no win situation where everyone can get hurt. But it sure is fun when in the moment as long as both agree.

busta

Old 08-17-2010, 07:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Look, you have to use common sense. You wouldn't do this with someone who is RELATIONSHIP MATERIAL

For example, the girl who is coming here tomorrow is not relationship material because

Because she has low self esteem
unemployed

BUT she has FWB qualities that is important like

Attractive
Pleasant
Has her own transportation

So you have to make sure they are npt relationshp

Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Send your application if you are intereted in being a "stress relief Assistant" There is no Age discrimination in my center-lol
I've said it before but some things bear repeating. Grasshopper, I would rather walk into the spinning blades of a helicopter than be face to face with you in any social situation.

PS: If Assistant warrants a capital A, how come the words "stress" and "relief" don't warrant the same? And why is the "a" in "age" capitalized? Career counselors (even those who deal with unfortunate dropouts and ex-cons) should have some command of grammar in order to set an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I've never had a FWB, and I don't want one. When I have a friend, that is a relationship that is different than a sexual one. I wouldn't want to do anything that could cause me to lose a friend that I care about. If they are a friend, I am not going to use them for sex even if they think that would work. Sex, in my opinion, is only for an exclusive relationship. I don't talk about it...if I am in a relationship, then, I would be in it all the way. I don't do anything halfway...and if I had sex with someone it would mean they were way more than friends.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Its resembling this....Okay..had my fun..

Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I've said it before but some things bear repeating. Grasshopper, I would rather walk into the spinning blades of a helicopter than be face to face with you in any social situation.

PS: If Assistant warrants a capital A, how come the words "stress" and "relief" don't warrant the same? And why is the "a" in "age" capitalized? Career counselors (even those who deal with unfortunate dropouts and ex-cons) should have some command of grammar in order to set an example.

Well said.

"Come Baby Come Baby, Baby Baby Come Come, when you gotta givin lovin and you give me some"

lol

Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM

364 posts, read 1,978,653 times
Quote:
"Come Baby Come Baby, Baby Baby Come Come, when you gotta givin lovin and you give me some"

lol
wow, that brings so many memories...

a classic

Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Look, you have to use common sense. You wouldn't do this with someone who is RELATIONSHIP MATERIAL

For example, the girl who is coming here tomorrow is not relationship material because

Because she has low self esteem
unemployed

BUT she has FWB qualities that is important like

Attractive
Pleasant
Has her own transportation

So you have to make sure they are npt relationshp
Since you've never had a "relationship" as you define it, you're hardly in a position to know the difference between "relationship material" and "skank".

As excruciating as it is to decipher your mangled grammar and as long as your nose grows, your description of this alleged FWB is painful at best. She has low self-esteem and is unemployed BUT she is attractive, pleasant and - most important - has her own transportation. The latter is of course a major plus for you as you don't even have to walk her to the bus stop.

Even if she exists (which I very much doubt) the money you pay her probably supplements her unemployment benefits and if she's "assisting" you then she probably has several other similar customers who, like you, are aging Grasshoppers who learn nothing and remain misogynistic outcasts. Sigh.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJones View Post
wow, that brings so many memories...

a classic
He misquoted the lyrics but, when you live a Walter Mitty existence, that's not an unusual faux pas.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Since you've never had a "relationship" as you define it, you're hardly in a position to know the difference between "relationship material" and "skank".

As excruciating as it is to decipher your mangled grammar and as long as your nose grows, your description of this alleged FWB is painful at best. She has low self-esteem and is unemployed BUT she is attractive, pleasant and - most important - has her own transportation. The latter is of course a major plus for you as you don't even have to walk her to the bus stop.

Even if she exists (which I very much doubt) the money you pay her probably supplements her unemployment benefits and if she's "assisting" you then she probably has several other similar customers who, like you, are aging Grasshoppers who learn nothing and remain misogynistic outcasts. Sigh.
I pay her for GAS and DINNER not pay her to play with me.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 PM

364 posts, read 1,978,653 times
Quote:

at first I was like about this response,

but then I re-read and was like

Quote:
He misquoted the lyrics but, when you live a Walter Mitty existence, that's not an unusual faux pas.
Yeah, I know. I was thinking more about the music, which immediately came to mind when I read some of the words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships