Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times

Advertisements

I've heard the Sisterhood of Holy Mary is recruiting. Interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 02:10 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
<starts counting>

<loses count>

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

All those birthdays to remember, all them valentines day to remember, and heaven forbid you get nicer flowers for one and not the rest.

Not to mention if they all have their visitor at the same time each month.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 PM

183 posts, read 168,316 times
There is nothing wrong with dating around, sleeping around, whatever you choose to do, as long as you are honest with everyone involved. Don't over-think it or worry to much about it. Set yourself free and it will be fun.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
This just in:

When dating around, take care of your sexual health. It's v v v important.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:29 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Perhaps you are more goal oriented than process oriented. Dating can be fun, if you look at it as meeting interesting people - even the disasters make for good stories to tell your friends! It's certainly not necessary to jump into bed with anyone quickly, either - though your guilt may be in part due to the necessity to say no. That is a trait you may have to work on because you should not feel guilty for following your values.

As for turning someone down who doesn't really know you, you can just say, "I'm dating someone" and leave it at that. If it's someone who knows you, you can tell them that you'll get back to them if and when you feel ready to give it a try. If it's a matter of finding more compatible men to meet and date, perhaps you should do the searching online and make contact with those who interest you, and then ask enough about them before deciding to meet to see if they may actually share enough of your values, goals, and interests to be worth your time.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:33 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This just in:

When dating around, take care of your sexual health. It's v v v important.

Gosh, the semi-annual STD testing costs for all the countless members of your harem must get expensive! And how do you keep UP with them all?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
May I suggest a "bi-weeklyship" lol

Old 08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
get to know people a bit better before dating them then. most of those pressures go away if you are friends with someone for a little bit, get to know them then start dating.

thats where ive had most success. when i was just chain dating random girls i met at bars or online it wasnt much fun once the novalty of dating 3-4 girls at a time wore off

Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Did I miss something? What do you owe these guys other than common courtesy and respect? You went out once. You just met. There's no relationship; you owe no debt of loyalty or duty to these guys. WHY are you making yourself feel guilty when you owe him nothing more than common courtesy?

So who are you carrying all those guilt-bricks for? Because you're the only one expecting you to carry them. Why not just put the bricks down?

You're not responsible for their feelings. It's not your job to make them happy. You owe them respect, nothing more. "No thanks" is a complete answer; it doesn't require justification or explanation.

I guess maybe I was guit tripped so much in the past from jealouse boyfriends, and that last guy I was seeing for a few months was so jealouse, that now it is almost like I am afraid to be myself or something?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
There is nothing wrong with dating around, sleeping around, whatever you choose to do, as long as you are honest with everyone involved. Don't over-think it or worry to much about it. Set yourself free and it will be fun.

Yeah. That is the attitude I need to adopt. Me be tryin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships