Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
There is no way a man who looks, smells, and thinks like a caveman will positively impress his male coworkers and bosses. Try applying for a job as a NY financier looking raggedy and see what happens.

In general, I'm think that men who denigrate men who care about their looks tend to be threatened by those looks in some way. I daresay it's catty.
No it's not. All men know that a good appearance is key. It's just some men criticise other men who are overly concerned with their appearance.

I think men do this out of jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 12:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
No it's not. All men know that a good appearance is key. It's just some men criticise other men who are overly concerned with their appearance.

I think men do this out of jealousy.
Right. That's catty.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:42 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Yes they are a dying breed for two reasons.
1. The womens movement where some/not all women are taking more control and leadership in a relationship and drowing them out. We're running to the door so fast that men don't have the chance to open it for us. LOL. I'm not bashing the women's movement but it went too far when women started shouting about how they can carry their own groceries up the stairs and all.
2. Women raising little boys without proper male influences in their lives. Momma's boys in essence who miss things like getting a part time job at 15-16 to start paying for their uniforms, going out money, etc. This is how you began to set the guidelines for them to be providers/contributors and not moochers of their women. This also starts teaching them about responsibility and making the right choices with their money. Staying under mommy all the time produces a wealth of problems/questions that effect their manhood.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i am definitely an alpha male. i drink really strong coffee and eat my croissant without butter or jam or anything like that.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am definitely an alpha male. i drink really strong coffee and eat my croissant without butter or jam or anything like that.
Indeed Huck, that truly makes you alpha, especially the strong coffee part. Actually, I think you could teach some of these young bucks a thing or two about all sorts of things.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
The prison industry is really going strong. Prisons are full of alpha males. So no, I don't think they are a dying breed.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
You know the funny thing is?? I've never given much thought to this subject until the OP beat the hell out of this horse.

So, am I an alpha male, maybe, maybe not, but you know what, I couldn't care less.........

Old 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You know the funny thing is?? I've never given much thought to this subject until the OP beat the hell out of this horse.

So, am I an alpha male, maybe, maybe not, but you know what, I couldn't care less.........
And that mentality is the true essence of an "Alpha Male."

And please don't think these "show-off poser macho" boys are anywhere near alpha males. They're nearly as pu$$ywhipped as the whiny "beta males" and "nice guys." Only difference is instead of whining about it, they're kissing a$$ playing into what many of the immature broads want. Whether it's the musclehead or the hoodlum, whatever immature teen girls and MTV determine what "a man" is.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Real Alpha Males don't have to declare it to everyone. That is like Michael Jordan coming out and saying he is the greatest basketball player ever. He would never say that because he doesn't have to. Everyone else says it for him.

Real Alpha men put their noses to the grind and handle their business for their families. They don't worry about what others are saying. If it means changing diapers, working overtime, fixing a leak, rubbing his wife's feet when she gets home, helping with homework, or giving orders. Whatever his family needs to prosper, he observes it and does his best to help deliver.

Real Alpha men are NOT a dying breed. Like most truly valuable things in our society they are not in your face. You have to look a little deeper. Their impact is seen in the people who love and depend on them.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Real Alpha Males don't have to declare it to everyone. That is like Michael Jordan coming out and saying he is the greatest basketball player ever. He would never say that because he doesn't have to. Everyone else says it for him.

Real Alpha men put their noses to the grind and handle their business for their families. They don't worry about what others are saying. If it means changing diapers, working overtime, fixing a leak, rubbing his wife's feet when she gets home, helping with homework, or giving orders. Whatever his family needs to prosper, he observes it and does his best to help deliver.

Real Alpha men are NOT a dying breed. Like most truly valuable things in our society they are not in your face. You have to look a little deeper. Their impact is seen in the people who love and depend on them.

You said it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships