Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:52 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Discuss

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/l...818-12a3y.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Yes they are a dying breed.

'It may become evolutionarily adaptive to prefer men who are co-operative, communicative, caring and better parents over traditional 'manly men'."

The article then goes on to say women really do want a manly man and who is going to fight wars and do dirty jobs, however I don't see how being a communicative caring man and being masculine are mutually exclusive.

This is the whole problem, people can't see the two being just part of a man, it's all so cut and dried, one or the other.

Men can be both, we do not need gender polarity anymore.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
The Alpha males will always dominate the beta males.

"Only the strong survive"

Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
K12 the most effective social engineering machine ever built, systematic eradication of wasp male behavior. millions of budding john waynes turned into richard simmons. the mexican and AA were clearly excluded from the process. who will the women be attracted to? social engineering.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
That "article" is a bunch of silly, shallow, pointless nonsense about made-up people. Vapid. Stupid. Insipid.
Brad Pitt calls himself Mister Mom. My male friend has more beauty products than the pampering section of David Jones. And more blokes are exfoliating, waxing and carrying around manbags than we'd like to know about.

No wonder the single women are complaining. "I just want a manly man!" is a common cry I've recently been hearing from frustrated women who are wondering what the hell happened to the hairy-chested, sports-playing, beer-sculling blokes of the world.

"Why are they suddenly all so girly and sensitive?" the women wonder in confusion. "It's like dating your female BFF!"
I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
K12 the most effective social engineering machine ever built, systematic eradication of wasp male behavior. millions of budding john waynes turned into richard simmons. the mexican and AA were clearly excluded from the process. who will the women be attracted to? social engineering.
Hmm, interesting... I never thought of that aspect of it. Certainly makes sense, though.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Jus' kyarve inta muh tombstone "He fit a good fight but Fate dealt 'im th' Joker."

Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
i don't know, how do you define that word, "alpha" ? in any case i think it is an interesting topic. it is something i think about when i look at my own family, even.

my great-grandfather was a tobacco farmer who sipped phenolbarbitol out the bottle, and carried a pistol for protection. allegedly, he was a domineering, abusive a-hole in his family life. his big concerns would've been contracting malaria in the swamp, getting bitten by a copperhead, getting shot, or not being able to feed his family when cotton and tobacco prices collapsed in the depression. The things I take for granted -- A/C in the summer, good healthcare, an education, decent law enforcement -- he didn't have. And this was relatively recent, just the early 20th century, and life just gets harder as you go further back in the past.

i look at me and my brother.. we work in air conditioned rooms, doing things that would probably blow his mind. our big concerns are... i don't even know if i have any big concerns. Keeping myself useful in a global economy? Staying out of debt? Meeting the right girl? Problems that are more complicated, but less serious and with less severe consequences.

so yeah, the kind of environment that used to forge the survival mentality, really isn't there anymore, so alpha behavior isn't nearly as necessary. And not just for him, but also his wife.. she needed someone to help her survive. At least in the western world, a typical woman today does not need a man in that way, perhaps more so now than ever before in human history.

Last edited by le roi; 08-19-2010 at 09:01 AM..

Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I was leaving for work and didn't have time earlier. I can't say I have much observations on the Mexican and AA communities, so I'm curious to know how you think they were excluded from the process... After all, they're a part of the same machine and go to the same schools.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
The reality, is that betas are the result of feminism. Women complained that men wouldn't do domestic work, a share of it, so men got more feminized, and are "nicer" and do housework, now women are complaining that men are not manly enough which is the direct result of society feminizing men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships