Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:04 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,598,564 times

Advertisements

An accident can happen very quickly to a child. They have tons of energy and can put themselves in dangerous situations because they simply don't know any better so I can't blame you for being upset. I do agree with those who said you shouldn't have told your Mother because it must appear to your husband that you were basically saying that he was doing a poor job as a Father and that surely must have hurt his feelings. I would make every effort to make your house as safe as possible for children which it sounds like you're doing. It might also be a good idea to reassure your husband that you know he cares about his family but maybe gently suggest that he should make some efforts to improve his physical condition.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,585,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He could have stood up, shaken the sleepies off, thrown some water on his face and managed to stay awake to watch his child. If he can't even manage that, show some shred of concern and tell his wife he doesn't think he can stay awake. It will still be a load of crap, but preferable to that baby falling down the stairs.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

Exaggerate much? Why shouldn't she be able to vent to someone she trusts?

I don't know much about the OP's other posts/threads, but I would be pretty upset if it were my child.
I actually think it's good for women, especially, to have a trusted friend to confide in. Someone who can help you talk out the situation and maybe see the error in your own ways. I do think it should be someone more removed from the situation. Venting helps get you out the irrational emotions so you don't take it out on your spouse.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,653,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Every child should take a tumble down a set of stairs at least once in their life. I did, my kids did, and it only needs to happen once to learn that lesson. Heck we used to slide down stairs on cardboard like a sled!
I think your blowing this entire thing way out of porportion. The one a$$ chewing was enough. But then you turn around and basically chew him out again while on the phone to your Mom. I'm sure your hubby feels like dirt right about now. And you've belittled him in front of your mother.
If you had any form of decency you would apologize to him immediately for that, then kiss and make up. This can go 2 ways. It can get worse or it can get better. The decision lies in your hands.

Fix it now!
+1 for ya!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,499,902 times
I've never read any of the threads the OP has started, this is the first. I might agree with Rances post if this weren't a 9month old.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:07 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've never read any of the threads the OP has started, this is the first. I might agree with Rances post if this weren't a 9month old.
Yeah, 9 month olds are still pretty fragile yet move pretty quickly,

Until about 18 months they should be locked in a closet, like my mother did with us.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:10 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,518,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I was just about to address that myself. I agree that kids will tumble and fall, but no 9 month old "needs" it, nor would he/she be sliding down the stairs on cardboard like a sled. And it's been a long time for me, but I don't think 9 month old even has the ability to "learn that lesson" after it happens once.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,499,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, 9 month olds are still pretty fragile yet move pretty quickly,

Until about 18 months they should be locked in a closet, like my mother did with us.
Been in much therapy?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:32 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,854,818 times
The silent treatment is a very immature way of dealing with a problem. I'd call a GF and still go out.

Silent treatment is one of the few things that make 'slapping a woman around' runs through my mind.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:38 PM

751 posts, read 1,671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I guess I just need to vent. I have 3 kids. Last night I left my husband alone with my 9 1/2 month old so that I could go and put my 2 1/2 year old to sleep. My 9 month old has just started crawling and we were just about to babyproof the house. When I came downstairs I found my husband asleep and my daughter crawling towards the stairs.
I picked her up and woke my husband up and told him how upset I was and that he shouldn't have fallen asleep while watching the 9 month old and that she could have fallen down the stairs. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.
My mom called today and I was venting about it. He was asleep in the living room again and I went downstairs into the laundry room to tell her about it. I don't know how but he overheard it and now he is giving me the silent treatment. We were supposed to go to dinner for our 9 year anniversary as we never get to go out and now he doesn't want to go with me anymore. I'm so upset. Whenever he gets upset he give me the silent treatment.
His refusing to go out to celebrate your anniversary is imature.Maybe you should just ignore him and let him pout and go out by yourself.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:44 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,071,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I guess I just need to vent. I have 3 kids. Last night I left my husband alone with my 9 1/2 month old so that I could go and put my 2 1/2 year old to sleep. My 9 month old has just started crawling and we were just about to babyproof the house. When I came downstairs I found my husband asleep and my daughter crawling towards the stairs.
I picked her up and woke my husband up and told him how upset I was and that he shouldn't have fallen asleep while watching the 9 month old and that she could have fallen down the stairs. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.
My mom called today and I was venting about it. He was asleep in the living room again and I went downstairs into the laundry room to tell her about it. I don't know how but he overheard it and now he is giving me the silent treatment. We were supposed to go to dinner for our 9 year anniversary as we never get to go out and now he doesn't want to go with me anymore. I'm so upset. Whenever he gets upset he give me the silent treatment.
The question is.... why is your husband so tired? Could it be because he was working hard all day to support his wife and children? Why could you not have taken your 9 month old with you when you got the other one ready for bed? Did you ask him to watch the baby (giving him the opportunity to say no) or did you TELL HIM to do it? Was the baby really in any real danger? Does "crawling toward the stairs" mean that the baby was right at the first step or does it mean that she was 12 feet away and headed in that general direction?

I think you are being a hysterical mother.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.