Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:39 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
So I'm with my best friend at his bachelor's party dinner. Benjamin brings out several friends and all but one is married (the one who is not married technically is married, but he's going through divorce proceedings).

So I ask them, "gentlemen, so what are the 'traps' or 'problems' women give you when you are married?"

The answers were:

1. "They always ask you, 'is she prettier than me?'" And they are talking about women on TV, such as Kim Kardashian, Jenny McCarthy, or some other super-voluptuous celebrity/one-time Playboy Playmate/supermodel/etc etc etc.

A question, they say, for which there is no right answer. If you say "no," they accuse you of lying. If you say "yes," they get mad at you.

2. "They're irrational. They will find the dumbest and oddest reasons to get mad at you and yet they'll continue to be mad even if you show them you did nothing to earn their anger."

Case in point: one of the guys said that twice, his wife woke up extremely angry at him. He'd ask, "what's wrong?" She would say, "you cheated on me!" Only for her to then realize it was a ..... dream.

3. They go crazy on you. They wouldn't give examples, but they all said, "all women are crazy. If you think you met one who isn't, move in with her and you'll see it."

LOL... what a fun night.

(this is all what happened, ladies, and please note that this was posted in good fun. )
Wow...your friends sound like rocket scientists! In their defense, hopefully, they had a few before they came up with that. Their description of women sound like 16 year old girls, or younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:

(this is all what happened, ladies, and please note that this was posted in good fun. )
Unlike their marriages, I suppose.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Wow...your friends sound like rocket scientists! In their defense, hopefully, they had a few before they came up with that. Their description of women sound like 16 year old girls, or younger.
I thought the same thing. I can't believe anyone over the age of 18 would actually talk like that.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Everyone's crazy in one area or another. Anyone who thinks they aren't is just crazy.
That's what I always say. We're all crazy--the trick is to find the brand of crazy (in a partner) that you can live with.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Unlike their marriages, I suppose.
Well, other than the gentleman who is getting divorced, the two men who are married are very happily married. One has four children, a picture of whom he proudly showed us; the other is young and has a beautiful toddler as well as a wife whom he spoke highly of, using qualifiers such as "great" and "hot." I guess they're having plenty of fun in their marriages despite the quirkiness that comes with it.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Well, other than the gentleman who is getting divorced, the two men who are married are very happily married. One has four children, a picture of whom he proudly showed us; the other is young and has a beautiful toddler as well as a wife whom he spoke highly of, using qualifiers such as "great" and "hot." I guess they're having plenty of fun in their marriages despite the quirkiness that comes with it.
Different strokes. Of course, I don't like generalizations, but it's certainly not surprising.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:15 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Quote:
So I ask them, "gentlemen, so what are the 'traps' or 'problems' women give you when you are married?"
Have you ever asked your friends, "Gentlemen, what do love about your wives?"

He who is looking for gutters, will find only gutters.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Have you ever asked your friends, "Gentlemen, what do love about your wives?"

He who is looking for gutters, will find only gutters.
Hey, it's all in good fun, ya know?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Weird. Being married to a crazy, irrational, jealous person doesn't appeal to me. Must be my crazy, irrational self.

One of the things I love best about my husband is that he doesn't talk **** about me behind my back. And I do the same for him. We're crazy that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships