Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 AM

406 posts, read 769,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Bwaahahaaha! Peopleofwalmart.com LOL That is hilarious - reminded me to mention that my SO and I went to the local Walmart in the town we bought a house in (closing is in Sept) and ALL I could think was, "don't drink the water, don't drink the water". I'm convinced that the website is filmed entirely there LOL
for anyone who does NOT believe in aliens .... please visit the WalMart in Roswell, NM. It will change your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM

74 posts, read 52,615 times
The turn-off would be having.g the name of the person. If, for example, this guy that I'm dating was dating a girl who loved flowers, then she died and he got a flower tattoo that would be fine. Because its representing someone who had an effect on him. Names of spouses or girlfriend/boyfriends is always a turnoff.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
My husband has a tribute tattoo, a good friend of his (his intrest in her was more than hers was with him) died suddenly in an auto accident 15 minutes after they talked on the phone. At first the tatoo bothered me, but now I understand how much she meant to him, and time is a healer, and time has healed. I am the number 1 in his life and I always will be. I'm not jealous of a tattoo, my husband has me in his heart and I know that, he shows me in so many ways .
is it her name? her face? or just something that reminds him of her?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
The turn-off would be having.g the name of the person. If, for example, this guy that I'm dating was dating a girl who loved flowers, then she died and he got a flower tattoo that would be fine. Because its representing someone who had an effect on him. Names of spouses or girlfriend/boyfriends is always a turnoff.
true. just as this thread has mentioned, some people are in relationships now with people who have their past SO's name tattooed. I have a friend who has her first husband's name on her backend. She has been married to her new husband for about five years now. She keeps talking of having to get it removed, but it's still there. Her poor second husband gets to see that all the time.

As I've said, it would really depend on the back story, the location and the circumstances. But it does make much more sense to get a picture tattoo (not a face!) that reminds you of that person rather than the name.........

Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,112,679 times
I was thinking about a tattoo of my wife who died a year ago, not a portrait but, as we sailed a lot of sea miles together, I have an drawing based on a pic of her I took sailing around Hawaii.

Girl on boat done as a Seaman style illustration, drawing from an artist freind.

Opinions?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,874,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Tribute Tattoos - a turnoff?
Absolutely. Tattoos are a turnoff in of themselves, but when you have tribute tats - "R.I.P. anyname" or "In Loving Memory of anyname" its even MORE disgusting to me. On a level only slightly less disgusting and turnoff is when people have their kid's names or faces tatted on them. Its a turnoff to me, but others may not mind. But it seems to be a very white trashy/mexican gangbanger-ish type thing. What a turnoff.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,428,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
I was thinking about a tattoo of my wife who died a year ago, not a portrait but, as we sailed a lot of sea miles together, I have an drawing based on a pic of her I took sailing around Hawaii.

Girl on boat done as a Seaman style illustration, drawing from an artist freind.

Opinions?
I think that sounds lovely.

My condolences on the loss of our wife.

I say do what brings you comfort and peace.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,218,889 times
Tropical Trouble....I think getting a tattoo of a dead ex..especially if you're planning on having another relationship...on your chest of all places...is (to me) very poor taste....I couldn't imagine having to see that everytime you're together...and there's no way I would want "her"..or "it" in between us.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,189,470 times
Not for me. From my experience, people like this are usually a bit emotional.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,365,795 times
I don't care much for tattoos in general. And I think "tribute tattoos" are no tribute at all. The whole point is to get the message of THEIR qualities out there. I should think a tattoo would be one of the least effective ways of doing this. Tattoos (even those intended to honor another) only bring attention to you.

I wouldn't date (or continue to date) a woman who had a tattoo of another guy on her, particularly an ex. An ex's name, I could probably overlook, depending on other factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships