Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM

226 posts, read 560,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Are you talking about a philandering hobo, drunkenly walking about the streets, looking for a good time? Or a hobo of ethics? Yes, I asked if a woman would want to date a hobo. Waiting for the hobo to end his hobo'ing ways, and to start a family with her. I think I saw this thing on Old Yeller.
Is there a difference? Do you think I'd be able to pick out a hobo who is a stumbling drunk that sleeps under a bridge versus a hobo waiting to end his hobo'ing ways with a woman waiting for him at home? Please enlighten me. I'm really trying to understand the difference here. And who's to say the drunk hobo couldn't have ethics? Surely at some point the good hobo and bad hobo will cross paths. Gee, I wonder what happens then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:59 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
Is there a difference? Do you think I'd be able to pick out a hobo who is a stumbling drunk that sleeps under a bridge versus a hobo waiting to end his hobo'ing ways with a woman waiting for him at home? Please enlighten me. I'm really trying to understand the difference here. And who's to say the drunk hobo couldn't have ethics? Surely at some point the good hobo and bad hobo will cross paths. Gee, I wonder what happens then?
You could apply, these concerns, to any guy you are meeting.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Hopefully after several years, I can return to my lady at the house, and start a family together.
In your profile you say you're gay so is becoming a hobo one of those creepy "cures" for homosexuality? Just asking.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
Quote:
I would never data a hoba.
Even if she was beautiful, hardworking, and had impeccable morals and ethics?

Hobas need love too!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 PM

226 posts, read 560,003 times
Quote:
You could apply, these concerns, to any guy you are meeting.
I'm still trying to understand the difference. Maybe someone could explain it to me.

I don't have any problem with hobo's or what ever you want to call them. I've worked around a lot of homeless people, and I couldn't tell you the difference in a homeless individual and a hobo. I really am trying to understand the difference. I have nothing against them at all.

As a matter of fact, I got my biggest dog from a homeless/hobo. The pup followed him around for miles. He came up to our shop and ask me if I would take care of him. I told him I would. He went home with me at the end of the day.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Boo-daddies. LOL That's what a local mission used to call the dwellers of the trees behind their residence.

No, I wouldn't date one for various reasons. I used to have a steady stream of them admitted as patients (hypothermia, spider bites, assaults, bone fractures, ETOH,...) so I have a lot of reasons why. But the various degrees of intellect is what enlightened and intrigued me. Some had to have IQs well into the hundreds and were very interesting to chat with.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
. Some had to have IQs well into the hundreds and were very interesting to chat with.
LOL well neither of those apply to me. My SAT score was 64. That's pretty horrible. BUT, I am hard working and a nice guy.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
I have a question...if you have a lady at home why don't you two just become gypsies instead? If she is loving the hobo lifestyle then she should be joining you in your adventures. It would be cheaper and you can buy yourselves an RV and travel...

Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 PM

Aren't gypsies a race of people? I'm stuck this color.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Aren't gypsies a race of people? I'm stuck this color.
Gypsy is a lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships