Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM

22 posts, read 46,736 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I have been involved with this girl that I am 5 years older than for about a year and a half now. When we met things were great, I was happier than I have even been in my life and this girl has been my day, night, summer, fall etc…MY WORLD. I love this girl hard and more than I have ever loved the only other woman I ever loved in my life. Any who, eventually the novelty of the new relationship wore off and I think we both got kind of comfortable with other and started showing each other a negative side of ourselves that wasn’t there when we met. Since then we have had a lot of ups and downs. I won’t front and say that I don’t pick fights with her or let a lot of things that I should ignore get to me and make me angry which has led to the negativity of the relationship. However she knows she has had her own faults and done things which have added to my own frustration emotions to her. However it’s hard for her to admit that and want to change with me instead of sitting on the sideline waiting for me to change as if I am 100 percent responsible for our situation and she has been the perfect partner to me since day one.

Any way like I said I love this girl a lot, maybe more than she even knows. I really felt like she was the one for me and I even acted on the feeling and bought her a $10,000 engagement ring (though I eventually came to a realization that it’s not meant to be right now and returned it) before our relationship even crossed one year. I gave a lot to her emotionally, she had a side of me that no other female (even the girlfriend before her of 5 years) had but when I try to express this to her I get heartless remarks from her like “I have gotten more from other men” “anyone can do that for me” ”I can have any man I want” “I can get any man to get me more than what you have” but I’m like it’s not about that… why can’t you see it’s about you have my heart and I love you so much that every single expression you get from me is unique cause no other woman on this earth has even gotten it from me. Maybe I’m just weird, a lot of women say I’m just sprung but I don’t know. Anyway right now things between us are on the rocks… we have a lot of issues that I do cause, but as much as I want to fix them I never seem to be able to.

Another problem on top of this is that since we met my financial status has kind of increased dramatically which has in turn brought more stress between us cause she feels that my financial growth has changed me from the person I use to be but I’m like you’re the only women gaining from my growth and getting $700 LV bags just because and I’m faithful and still love you so I don’t see how you feel that. Sounds pretty much how when a guy has a girl he was dating in college and he then gets drafted into the NBA and then he changes on her and carries her but NO I'm still here. So in this society today we have women who want to chase the money and the woman who want to chase what they can’t have and the woman who want to chase the ideal American dream partner. Not to blow myself up or anything but I suffer from being pursued by all three. I never cheated on her or let any of the women who try to take me from her feel like they have a chance though. Ok now let’s get to the problem. I want this girl in my life, no questions asked she means a lot to me and because of how I broke up with the girl before her I know the value of throwing away a good thing. Things are not perfect between us obviously and we have a lot of problems that I mainly cause. Right now I honestly feel like the frustrations of my failure of not being able to make this relationship work is now pushing out a side of me that I locked away when I met her who used to be the wild single bachelor. I'm not saying I want to be single so I can screw around chicks again but more so I have so many resources right now and I want to start using them and doing things like travel around the world with someone special and go on shopping sprees. These are things that she won’t let me do with her.. I can order her a bag online but I can fly her to Italy on a trip with her to buy from the factory. That’s what I want but it’s not what she allows me and I'm just frustrated. I want her to be the special women I can live fast with and enjoy life blowing money and traveling while we are young but she just won’t let me. Anyway I just feel like I'm at a point where I love her and I want to be with her God knows, but I pretty much find it harder to say No Thanks every time I go away and chick invites me to dinner and drinks in her room or something. So I don’t want to lose her and I don’t want to cheat on her. She knows I just want to be friends for now so I can figure things out.

I understand that it might seem like I'm looking to have my cake and eat it too or whatever but it’s not. I want us both to be happy but I don’t want us to have to drop out of each other’s lives just to have that because she is set on ALL OR NOTHING and I don’t think it’s fair. I mean if she was strong enough to tell me that she loves me too much to try and be my friend or can’t take seeing me happy with other women I would respect her so much for that and figure things out but she is not. I'm stuck with continuing to be miserable trying to figure out a way to become this person she says I need to be and not care about the things she do that I don’t like, or walk out of her life forever. I don’t want either right now; I just want to be friends with her. We have put so much emotions into each other this past year just to walk away just because I can’t change myself right now and she doesn’t want to be my friend. HELP!! I love her and I don’t want to let her go.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by moe3161; 08-22-2010 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 07:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,806,057 times
Paragraphs, please!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:11 PM

LOL im sorry... once I start I just lose control.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,677,983 times
Point 1) When you've found the right person, it just isn't that hard.

Point 2) She doesn't want to be your friend. You can't always get what you want. Sorry, but you have to deal with it.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:19 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,754,477 times
You can alway fix that--just go back and copy and make paragraphs and come back and post it. I'm a good reader and couldn't get through that but I don't think I can help anyway. It sounds like you got your heart broke and I'm sorry. And uh, maybe I'm not quite bright, but what is an LV bag? Or a bag online? Or whatever kind of bag? Also I got that she broke up with you and doesn't want to stay friends? Not a good idea anyway--a friendship would make it worse.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,975,992 times
She won't let you? LET you? Or won't do it with you? If I couldn't reach her by telling her the things you've said here I'd have to say, I think I did my best, maybe it's time to move on now.

You say it's mostly you but there are things you say about her that I would not tolerate from someone who's supposed to be my partner.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM

DISCLAIMER: I couldn't read it either. I should probably tell you upfront that I based my advice in my previous post on the first couple of sentences and the last couple of sentences. I skipped the middle.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,754,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
DISCLAIMER: I couldn't read it either. I should probably tell you upfront that I based my advice in my previous post on the first couple of sentences and the last couple of sentences. I skipped the middle.
Me too. Well I sort of skipped thru a word or two and saw "LV bags" and thought, "huh"?

Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM

Oh, that part I understood perfectly! LOL.

LV bag = Louis Vuitton

Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM

LOL I just edit it for you guys... sorry, I have a bad habbit of spilling my thoughts in my writtings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships