Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:10 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
It seems that not having tattoos nowadays is very edgy since it's such a rarity. I wonder where he can find a girl who doesn't deface herself besides maybe a very radically religious church/temple or whatever.
i can't fathom why people care.

but my experience, in the american south, is that different classes treat tats differently.

i have some friends who are po' white trash, and they all have tattoos. some of them were put on in prison, with a bic pen and a sewing needle, and look pretty hard core.
i have some friends who are black and thuggishly inclined, and they all have tattoos.
I have some friends who are working/middle class, and you usually find a small one on the ankle, between the shoulder blades, what not, although there are some people who are into tattoos almost as a lifestyle, and they are usually of very good quality.
I have some friends who are upper middle class, and i'd say maybe 1% of them have tattoos, and in no cases are they visible.
i don't have enough truly rich friends to give you a picture of what they're like.

so i'm inclined to tell your friend that if he can't find girls without tattoos, he needs to step his life up a notch.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
He isn't looking for perfect, just someone "natural." Whatever happened to people being OK with looking the way they were when they were born?
Heh. Really? What about plucking our eyebrows, shaving our legs, using makeup, straightening our teeth, having moles removed, trimming our nails, cutting our hair--do you mind that kind of defacing?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
My buddy is out there looking for someone & has a preference for someone with no tattoos & he's finding that to be quite a rarity. He asked me if I knew of any females that didn't have any & I really couldn't think of any. It seems that not having tattoos nowadays is very edgy since it's such a rarity. I wonder where he can find a girl who doesn't deface herself besides maybe a very radically religious church/temple or whatever.
What is wrong with NOT referring to a tattoo as 'defacing' one's OWN body and accepting humans as they are no matter what is or is not part of them.

If he does not like tattoos great he should not get one but not asking someone on a date because they have one is completely superficial. I have 2 tattoos and will be getting two more soon and my husband has none. I love my body the way it is and he does as well, defacing and all.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I don't have any personal feelings towards people that have or don't have a tattoo. I don't feel there's anything wrong with a person if you do or don't have one. People should be free to do what they want with their bodies. It doesn't mean everyone with a tattoo is not attractive. Or people without one are any better.
I don't judge people based on their body art either, but it is a huge turnoff for me in terms of a romantic relationship if a guy has full sleeves or visible tattoos.

Quote:
What people do with their bodies is their own business, not yours. And if you want to make the statement that its offensive to you in public because you see it, well I can list a whole bunch of stuff I see about people that I find offensive.
I certainly hope this isn't a reaction to my "I hate tattoos" remark. I didn't say anything about people with tattoos. I just don't like tattoos and I don't have any. What you do with your body is your business.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
OP, tell you friend that there are women out there who would even consider getting a tattoo. I'm not Amish, I'm not a prude, and I don't find tattoos sexy, just boring and symbolic of someone who isn't unique. Anyone who gets one is just another sheeple who doesn't know how to express their "individuality" in any other way than to do whatever everyone else is doing. Not sexy. Not attractive. Pretty lame and highly unoriginal.
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Why anyone would deface their body is beyond me

Old 08-27-2010, 05:22 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I'm more so curious by the type of brain that wants to put a tattoo on their skin permanently. It's really quite illogical, I think. I mean I'm actually curious by it in the sense that I'm wondering what goes through their minds, like is it some sense of keeping permanence or making sure they don't forget something, is it a branding of sorts, is it to identify with someone else in a group, or what? It's really silly to me because if you like a symbol or whatever, get a t-shirt, honestly!

But tattoo art itself, tattoo artists? They are really talented! I've seen some of the work these people do, I'm astonished, it's very impressive. I don't know how you'd do that on someone, haha. So I appreciate it and don't look down on it really, I mean in the sense that it's interesting for me to see, I don't try to pass judgment on it flat-out, but yeah if we're talking about on a girl I'm dating, it's a big turn-off if she has major tattoos. An ankle tat, ok, maybe even a tramp stamp, haha, that's ok for some reason. But arm tattoos is where I draw the line I think, same with legs, it's awkward and not sexy. I love a woman's body just totally clean of that. I also think it is a class thing, you can say that's wrong or that it's un-PC all you want, but yes indeed, you will notice the higher class the person, the fewer tattoos, in general. If you took 100 people who make $100,000+ per year and don't work in sports or entertainment, and 100 people who work minimum wage jobs, you're going to find quite a difference there I guarantee you. Especially if you look at someone COVERED in tattoos, those aren't usually CEOs of companies (unless it's a tattoo shop lol)...

Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
try the Amish.

That's funny. I've never been Amish and I don't have any tatoos.

Last edited by KylieEve; 08-27-2010 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: .

Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,634 times
Well, I don't have any tattoos at all and I've even let the holes in my ears close up (that my parents had done when I was a kid) so I'm pretty darn natural. Just find someone who's afraid of needles and you'll find someone without tattoos or piercings. You could also try looking for Jewish women since Jews aren't supposed to get tattoos.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Well, I don't have any tattoos at all and I've even let the holes in my ears close up (that my parents had done when I was a kid) so I'm pretty darn natural. Just find someone who's afraid of needles and you'll find someone without tattoos or piercings. You could also try looking for Jewish women since Jews aren't supposed to get tattoos.

ooooooook. I am not scared of needles whatsoever. They don't bother me one bit yet I don't have any tatoos. To suggest that only people who are afraid of needles don't get tatoos is utterly ridiculous. I think tatoos are ugly that's why I don't have any. I also find nose rings eyebrow piercing tongue piercing really gross as well.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:19 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
My buddy is out there looking for someone & has a preference for someone with no tattoos & he's finding that to be quite a rarity. He asked me if I knew of any females that didn't have any & I really couldn't think of any. It seems that not having tattoos nowadays is very edgy since it's such a rarity. I wonder where he can find a girl who doesn't deface herself besides maybe a very radically religious church/temple or whatever.
It does seem to be harder to find but think of it this way, it may not be his taste (someone with body art or piercings) BUT...I used to work with a guy, comes from a good family, religious, lots of brothers, love their parents, God, family, said he'd NEVER date a girl with any tattoos or piercings...
Ended up meeting this girl and she is gorgeous - they fell in love and are getting married - when I asked him about the tattoos, he said that it just went out the window, he said that once he met her, he didn't even notice them anymore.

So, by not wanting someone who has a tattoo, your friend might be really limiting himself. It's kind of like saying you won't date someone with less than perfect teeth or body structure... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships