Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,434,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Perhaps.. I know its a generalazation but i think women are allot more impresisonable and may take things more literally with what they see on tv involving relatioships then guys

Of course theres exceptions to every rule

It is probably the opposite...how many guys try their own Jackass stunts. Heck I'm guilty of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,130,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
It is probably the opposite...how many guys try their own Jackass stunts. Heck I'm guilty of it.
I dunno i never tried that sh*t..Im talking in terms of relationships and ideal beauty a women might be more brainwashed into what she sees or hears from the media..

Old 08-30-2010, 12:34 PM

29,807 posts, read 34,664,704 times
Quote:
women are allot more impresisonable and may take things more literally with what they see on tv involving relatioships then guys
I don't think so at all. Most female actress on TV and in movies are of a certain body type and level of attractiveness (e.g. even the "plain" women are pretty hot.) There are quite a lot of men who pass up normal regular women because they're waiting for a hottie like Jennifer Aniston or Evangeline Lilly. If TV's Kevin James has a hot wife, why can't an real-life schlub?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:35 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,434,151 times
Quote:
I dunno i never tried that sh*t..Im talking in terms of relationships and ideal beauty a women might be more brainwashed into what she sees or hears from the media..
OK then...what about beer ads? Don't they say that women should be giants, stomping around the Rockies, in bikinis, and tickle fighting each other?

8,518 posts, read 15,689,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You think that's what TVSG really stands for ? TV Screen Guild
I believe it stands for TV and Sports Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Many stereotypes are only stereotypes because of what people saw in a movie or something. Romantic comedies are the WORST...they are NEVER realistic so what happens is you have a lot of people expecting unrealistic things.
Most people have enough sense to know that what they see in the movies and on TV isn't meant to reflect the real world. In the real world, women who look like Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl don't have trouble attracting single men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Even influence aside, I don't enjoy looking at 2 dudes kissing myself.
So is television supposed to accommodate your preferences? There are a lot of straight characters on TV I see kissing that I don't enjoy seeing, but I don't complain about an agenda being pushed on me. Maybe television shows gay characters kissing because that's what people do when they're a couple. Anytime a straight couple is kissing, do you feel like "the straight agenda" is being forced down your throat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not that I'm religious, but God help you and your (supposedly; I don't believe it really is) too open of a mind! Too big holes in that net; too many bugs will get in! Enjoy every single one of them, though! I can't wait to see you as a step-daddy! It's not happening for some reason, though. I wonder why... One would think there are more than enough single mommies. Could it be because you only care to gain everybody's acceptance by your seemingly wide-open net of a brain...? You're one of those people who may be all too happy to press 1587 for English. I'm a foreigner and I'm not. As a matter of fact, I wonder how anybody can stand it!
This is the first time I've seen someone so proud of being narrow-minded. So a person can't be open-minded unless he's trying to gain everyone's acceptance, huh? Maybe I'm just more open-minded than you cause I'm not threatened by gays or by people who speak other languages. Maybe I don't feel the need to remake the world into one where there's only straight English speaking people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think so at all. Most female actress on TV and in movies are of a certain body type and level of attractiveness (e.g. even the "plain" women are pretty hot.) There are quite a lot of men who pass up normal regular women because they're waiting for a hottie like Jennifer Aniston or Evangeline Lilly. If TV's Kevin James has a hot wife, why can't he?
I dont know any Man who thinks that way..You must hang out with dellusional people

Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Feminists are constantly asserting that their "gains" have helped all women but the evidence is that they mainly helped the good looking ones. Employers would rather hire a good looking female HS graduate than an average looking male with a good college degree. "She fits with the corporate culture and is good for morale" is their reasoning.
Bitter, are we?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,564,043 times
i think so...when you see a woman searching for a husband on national tv...then shes kissing and hugging them ,shouldnt that kind of emotion belong to one person?

im talking about shows like Flava of Love and I love New York

Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I dont know any Man who thinks that way..You must hang out with dellusional people
I've met a number of men who have such standards. While they realize that what they see on TV is just a fantasy, it does raise their expectations. It's wish fulfillment for them. They can go through life being disappointed with the women they meet in the real world and then turn on the TV and see a guy who looks like them landing a woman who they'd never have a chance with in real life and live vicariously through him.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I've met a number of men who have such standards. While they realize that what they see on TV is just a fantasy, it does raise their expectations. It's wish fulfillment for them. They can go through life being disappointed with the women they meet in the real world and then turn on the TV and see a guy who looks like them landing a woman who they'd never have a chance with in real life and live vicariously through him.
I dont see it..Im sure theres some but women do this also i doubt its just Men with unrealisitc expectations in a mate..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships