Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,689,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ive never complained that women like bad boys you dope in fact i said most dont..

lol at me being a misognynist..You're clueless
You've implied that women aren't really looking for confidence when they say they are. You've accused women of wanting a daddy for daring to expect their partner to be decisive. You've said it seems more socially acceptable to knock a man's looks than a woman's. You've accused women of being too picky for not wanting a man who's 5'8". These are all taken from your most recent threads. Do you notice the pattern there? It's all about bashing women. From your posts, we can conclude that women are shallow, picky, looking for a daddy and lie when they say want confident men. Now we arrive at this thread where you say you've never met a man influenced by a TV show to think he can get a woman out of his league, but you make a point of saying that women have. It all adds up to the same portrait of women and whether you want to admit it or not, you have a very negative view of women and all of these posts show that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,130,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You've implied that women aren't really looking for confidence when they say they are. You've accused women of wanting a daddy for daring to expect their partner to be decisive. You've said it seems more socially acceptable to knock a man's looks than a woman's. You've accused women of being too picky for not wanting a man who's 5'8". These are all taken from your most recent threads. Do you notice the pattern there? It's all about bashing women. From your posts, we can conclude that women are shallow, picky, looking for a daddy and lie when they say want confident men. Now we arrive at this thread where you say you've never met a man influenced by a TV show to think he can get a woman out of his league, but you make a point of saying that women have. It all adds up to the same portrait of women and whether you want to admit it or not, you have a very negative view of women and all of these posts show that.
Are you done?

Ive also recently said height shouldnt stop you from getting women..I also said women and Men are equally shallow..I also said how theres allto of Dbag men out there but you leave those out conveniently..We all rant on here and sometimes say over the top stuff but i am the furthest thing from a misognyist..

Stop playing hall monitor you condescending goofball..

Old 08-30-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Are you done?

Ive also recently said height shouldnt stop you from getting women..I also said women and Men are equally shallow..I also said how theres allto of Dbag men out there but you leave those out conveniently..We all rant on here and sometimes say over the top stuff but i am the furthest thing from a misognyist..

Stop playing hall monitor you condescending goofball..
I'm not being a hall monitor. I'm simply calling out one poster for making an anti-woman post, a poster who has a history of making similar posts. Don't blame me for pointing out the pattern. Maybe you ought to ask yourself why you have such issues with women.

And BTW, there's a lot of stuff you've said that I do agree with. I was one of the few who agreed when you said that confidence is sometimes used as a code word. And a lot of your other posts I can totally relate to. But I do see a certain animosity towards women in much of what you say. I think it's disappointing because it undercuts a lot of the truly valuable insight you do offer. You make some good arguments, but if it comes out as being anti-women, that just makes it harder for people to listen to what you're trying to get across.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,316,299 times
It's not the responsibility of producers to make sure kids watch things that are kid-friendly. It's the parent(s) responsibility.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:20 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,316,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
i think so...when you see a woman searching for a husband on national tv...then shes kissing and hugging them ,shouldnt that kind of emotion belong to one person?

im talking about shows like Flava of Love and I love New York
You stopped watching TV 2 years ago, huh?

I'm just razzin' ya.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,434,151 times
Like a year ago I was dating this red headed single mother. She was pretty cool...but I dumped her when I found out she didn't have a fat loudmouth of an ex husband, and a talking baby and dog.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,881,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry
Feminists are constantly asserting that their "gains" have helped all women but the evidence is that they mainly helped the good looking ones. Employers would rather hire a good looking female HS graduate than an average looking male with a good college degree. "She fits with the corporate culture and is good for morale" is their reasoning.

Quote:
Bitter, are we?
No, just sounds like a pretty accurate assessment, if you ask me. I've seen lots of this too. Comes from years of real life experience.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry
Feminists are constantly asserting that their "gains" have helped all women but the evidence is that they mainly helped the good looking ones. Employers would rather hire a good looking female HS graduate than an average looking male with a good college degree. "She fits with the corporate culture and is good for morale" is their reasoning.

No, just sounds like a pretty accurate assessment, if you ask me. I've seen lots of this too. Comes from years of real life experience.
The case of an employer hiring a good looking girl fresh out of high school instead of an average looking male with a college degree has nothing to do with feminism and more to do with male hiring managers looking for someone cheap and easy on the eyes. To tie that to feminist gains reeks of bitterness since the fault lies with the people doing the hiring.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM

36,953 posts, read 31,213,254 times
Quote:
The case of an employer hiring a good looking girl fresh out of high school instead of an average looking male with a college degree has nothing to do with feminism and more to do with male hiring managers looking for someone cheap and easy on the eyes. To tie that to feminist gains reeks of bitterness since the fault lies with the people doing the hiring.
Exactly.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM

951 posts, read 1,816,298 times
Originally Posted by DennyCrane
I like how you downplay how many men do it and then pivot to say that women do it too. Whether women do it too is irrelevant. The point is that there are men who watch shows like this and, for 30 minutes a week at least, can act like they could really get a woman like those guys.

Quote:
Whether women do it too is irrelevant? This post is about dating in general not Mens unrealisitc expectations..

Why is womens expectations from these shows any less relevant to the discussion?
Good point. If anything, their expectations are MORE relevant.

There was a time that men's "expectations" were all important. This era ended decades ago with the introduction of the pill and the sexual revolution.

Gradually, things have since changed so that it is now most young men who have trouble attracting anyone even close to being an equal. Women have sex to use to attract men who would otherwise be out of their league. It usually doesn't work for successful long term relationships but convinces them, for a time, that they are "in the game".

TV has influenced everyone but the ones who can act on this are women and they do, for the most part.

Then when they eventually lose their ability to compete, it's the fault of men's unrealistic expectations that prevent them from moving on and snagging a prime "nice guy" for support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships