Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times

Advertisements

78-81 Chevette. if this is old my 1992 Toyota Tercel is "new!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,785 times
I did have a guy who I dated pick me up in that car. He borrowed it from his mother. He called it the "grocery getter". LOL It's not so bad when the car has a nickname.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:34 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Why not? If he's a great guy the car wouldn't matter. At least its in good condition. Rumour has it that they stopped making those cars because they lasted too long and were too reliable.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
All ladies that say it would not bother them are full of s.h.it.The guy might be able to date a crack ho with that car and not much else.A man with sability aka 'money' is what women want.They dont want to be seen in a trashcan with wheels, good god
See what I was talking about?

Old 09-04-2010, 02:34 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
He came to pick you up in this on your first date.

Would you still date him?

Happy Friday.
Ron

Click on Image below........
He would have a much better chance with me in that car than a Hummer or Red Lamborghini... I don't care that much what a guy drives to be honest as long as it takes you from A to B . I might be put off if it was bright fushia pink with zebra stripes and leopard print seats but on the whole, a car is a car unless someone is trying to impress others with conspicuous consumption which to me is the ultimate in vulgarity.

Anyone who has spent a fortune on a car which does 5 miles to the gallon is never going to do much for me...

When I met Hubby he didn't have a car and then he inherited his father's hideous old yellow Opel but I was somehow not shallow enough to let me put me off ! A car at the end of the day is a means of transport. As long as he keeps it clean inside and it doesn't stink of beer or sweat I'm OK with most cars.

I am actually far more into cars than Hubby but love Vintage/Classic cars ( I owned two 1967 Alfa Romeo Spiders in my youth and loved them).

My dream car would be something like this :

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...w=1345&bih=626 - ( fourth on the top row is about perfect)

I have only met one guy who had one so far and he was in his 70s !

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 09-04-2010 at 02:43 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
My guy came to pick me up in an old station wagon years ago and even back then I guess it was weird but I never gave it a second thought til years later when he said he was impressed I wasn't turned off by it. I was just glad it ran, it was safe and it had one front seat so I could slide over to sit next to him.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
He would have a much better chance with me in that car than a Hummer or Red Lamborghini... I don't care that much what a guy drives to be honest as long as it takes you from A to B .
Kind of true but depends on the guys place in life. Some 38 YO guy pulls up in a raggedy old car says a lot about him verses the college boy driving the same car.

If you really want to know everything about a man, look at not so much what he drives but how clean or messy the inside of his car is. I would never marry anyone who had an perfect anally neat, don't touch that interior or extremely lived in messy car.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ahhhh...the memories. I used to drive a yellow Chevette when I was in high school. Do you know how much I could get away with on the highway with that car today. Go ahead....I dare you to crash into me while talking on your cell phone....go ahead!
LOL....you had a yellow one? Do you still have it?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:49 AM

810 posts, read 1,578,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Kind of true but depends on the guys place in life. Some 38 YO guy pulls up in a raggedy old car says a lot about him verses the college boy driving the same car.

If you really want to know everything about a man, look at not so much what he drives but how clean or messy the inside of his car is. I would never marry anyone who had an perfect anally neat, don't touch that interior or extremely lived in messy car.
very true...

if a 38 year old showed up in that raggedy car I'd be polite and go to a place where no one sees me, like Palm Beach or Orlando FL, and then never answer his calls again. College/high school student perfectly understandable.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:29 AM

174 posts, read 326,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My aunt had this theory that how a guy treats his car is how he'll treat his wife. If he has to keep getting the newest and latest car, he'll want the same in a woman - the newest and latest. If he maintains and takes care of his car, he'll do likewise with his wife. But if he abuses his car and figures he can just replace it easily with a better one, he'll have that same attitude toward women.

I'll have to remember that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships