Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
He would have a much better chance with me in that car than a Hummer or Red Lamborghini... I don't care that much what a guy drives to be honest as long as it takes you from A to B . I might be put off if it was bright fushia pink with zebra stripes and leopard print seats but on the whole, a car is a car unless someone is trying to impress others with conspicuous consumption which to me is the ultimate in vulgarity.

Anyone who has spent a fortune on a car which does 5 miles to the gallon is never going to do much for me...

When I met Hubby he didn't have a car and then he inherited his father's hideous old yellow Opel but I was somehow not shallow enough to let me put me off ! A car at the end of the day is a means of transport. As long as he keeps it clean inside and it doesn't stink of beer or sweat I'm OK with most cars.

I am actually far more into cars than Hubby but love Vintage/Classic cars ( I owned two 1967 Alfa Romeo Spiders in my youth and loved them).

My dream car would be something like this :

austin healey 3000 - Google Search - ( fourth on the top row is about perfect)

I have only met one guy who had one so far and he was in his 70s !

I could sell the Red Lamborghini & buy my 1966 Corvette Stingray 427, & 18 chevettes.

har.har.har

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 11:44 AM

261 posts, read 527,311 times
Ladies: You met a great guy, he's perfect but.........

If I met my perfect I wouldn't care if we had to get the bus!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL....you had a yellow one? Do you still have it?
Hey, don't laugh that car took me and my friends to many football games, dances, etc.

I don't have it today but I am a fan of older cars. I don't like the cars of today which are mostly plastic. I still drive my 1999 Nissan Maxima and I love that car!! I'm holding out for as long as I can.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:12 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hey, don't laugh that car took me and my friends to many football games, dances, etc.

I don't have it today but I am a fan of older cars. I don't like the cars of today which are mostly plastic. I still drive my 1999 Nissan Maxima and I love that car!! I'm holding out for as long as I can.
Older cars have a lot more style, so to speak. Most newer cars all look the same to me.

I do like what dodge is doing with things like the magnum, charger, challenger, even the 300 looks great.

Aside from those, most new cars are kinda blah to me.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Older cars have a lot more style, so to speak. Most newer cars all look the same to me.

I do like what dodge is doing with things like the magnum, charger, challenger, even the 300 looks great.

Aside from those, most new cars are kinda blah to me.
I agree Chow! Also, older cars have more room in them compared to the newer ones. I am kinda tall, my son is tall, so we need room in the front AND back. Newer ones just don't provide that much space and I am not a fan of all of the electronics that go along with them.....big time $$$ if it breaks or goes out.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:08 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,814,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post

The other day I pulled up nwxt to a fully restored 280ZX. Beautiful! He had a license plate frame promoting some Z car club.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:20 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
He came to pick you up in this on your first date.

Would you still date him?

Happy Friday.
Ron

Click on Image below........
I think it's a cool looking car actually. Better looking than most of the McCars made today.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
The other day I pulled up nwxt to a fully restored 280ZX. Beautiful! He had a license plate frame promoting some Z car club.
I always wanted a 300ZX....they are gorgeous!!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:51 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Everyone has rolled in a bucket at one point in their lives.

I had a friend that had a raggity ass vw bug the floorboard was missing in a few places you see the ground.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Everyone has rolled in a bucket at one point in their lives.

I had a friend that had a raggity ass vw bug the floorboard was missing in a few places you see the ground.
We have to start somewhere.

I remember my old Chevy Caviler......that thing would bleed oil as fast as I could put it in.

That car lasted all of ............3 months. I think I paid $400 for it.

Than I bought my Oldsmobile..........oh boy, that car was cursed with issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships