Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in the phrase a woman can turn a boy into a man?

After seeing my friend and her man yesterday, I would have to say I believe the saying holds some truth. When she first met her guy he wasn't bad looking but you could kind of tell he was just going through life without a purpose sort a speak. Some of us were actually a bit surprised she gave the guy a chance.

Well they've been together like 4 months or so and that guy has done a complete 360. His appearance was always ok but now he has a aura to him that wasn't present before. He's now become that person that commands attention when he walks into a room. I really can't describe it but it just seem like he's become a better man since being with my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 09:30 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
I'd rather say "Every man needs a good woman." Yes, a good woman can give a man purpose in life and cause him to leave his childish ways behind.

But more importantly, a mortgage and kids makes sure he goes to work everyday and on time.

Last edited by Rakin; 09-03-2010 at 09:42 PM..

Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
A lot of people call that "whipped".

Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
A lot of people call that "whipped".
Lol! Well my friend is a good gal so if that's the case, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd rather say "Every man needs a good woman." Yes, a good woman can give a man purpose in life and cause him to leave his childish ways behind.

But more importantly, a mortgage and kids makes sure he goes to work everyday and on time.
Yea I like that better.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
If a guy truly changes by himself because love for her and from her gave him a purpose and passion in life, that's cool, but her "shaping him up" I think is bullsh*t.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Since his father did not do the job, I guess the woman has too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Do you believe in the phrase a woman can turn a boy into a man?

After seeing my friend and her man yesterday, I would have to say I believe the saying holds some truth. When she first met her guy he wasn't bad looking but you could kind of tell he was just going through life without a purpose sort a speak. Some of us were actually a bit surprised she gave the guy a chance.

Well they've been together like 4 months or so and that guy has done a complete 360. His appearance was always ok but now he has a aura to him that wasn't present before. He's now become that person that commands attention when he walks into a room. I really can't describe it but it just seem like he's become a better man since being with my friend.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
If a guy truly changes by himself because love for her and from her gave him a purpose and passion in life, that's cool, but her "shaping him up" I think is bullsh*t.
I'm confused. Could what you've described be viewed as "shaping him up"? If not what makes it different?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:54 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Yea I like that better.
Having a good confident woman does seem to give younger men a certain new confidence in themselves. If he's lacked in the security department she may say just the right words to help him realize his self worth.

When I was barely out of high school I had a GF who was outgoing and everyone loved her. Just being with her made me feel really good. Confidence is catching, when you feel good about yourself usually it shows to everyone else.

Also, maybe she's taught him a little about how to treat a woman. That and some good loving always puts a big smile on a guys face.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
I think I helped my husband become a man. It's so cheesy, but you know that line from As Good As It Gets where he says, "you make me want to be a better man" Well I think I made my husband want to be a better man. Before he had no job, was lazy, terrible grades, no motivation. When he saw that we could have a future together, he got a job and changed his life. He did it for himself, but the idea of a future together was his inspiration. He says that if I hadn't come into his life he'd still be depressed, unemployed, living with his parents, etc. Hope that makes sense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships